Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    Anyone know what the 'on the fly coaching' does? It is supposed to be the directional pad. As far as I can tell, all it does is change the camera angle.

And also what the right bumper does. I hit it and those arrows come up in the upper right corner of the screen.
    You can only use the on the fly coaching if you have the ball. It's the same as the standard game, where you can call iso/pick and rolls/etc.

The right bumper lets you pan the view around with the right stick.

Awesome I finally made it to the NBA! I had a huge game performance. Scored 19pts 4rbs 1ast 1blk (2 go ahead bucukets in final minute) and game winning. A+ grade rating. 33 f*cking games in the NBDL and got picked up by Houston hoping to earn a 10 day contract!

First play (first pts in game) in the NBA? Ally oop dunk. Harlan went NUTS!

Question for you guys: OK so my draft combine player made it through the nba nets summer camp and then into the NBA. Is the "My Player" mode completely separate from the Association mode? I mean im in the NBA and playing the Nets season and all, but i really like association mode where you can trade players, cut players, etc, and have full control. Is there a way to transfer your guy from My Player mode into your association? Cause i was going though the game and saw the "create player" mode which 2k always has, but was thinking, why dont i just create a player like i usually do and then send him to my team in association mode? I would really like to send my draft combine guy to association but is this even possible? Or do you have to stick with your guy in the My player mode? It's a little annoying not having full control of your team in the "My player" mode

any ideas here?

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
    Question for you guys: OK so my draft combine player made it through the nba nets summer camp and then into the NBA. Is the "My Player" mode completely separate from the Association mode? I mean im in the NBA and playing the Nets season and all, but i really like association mode where you can trade players, cut players, etc, and have full control. Is there a way to transfer your guy from My Player mode into your association? Cause i was going though the game and saw the "create player" mode which 2k always has, but was thinking, why dont i just create a player like i usually do and then send him to my team in association mode? I would really like to send my draft combine guy to association but is this even possible? Or do you have to stick with your guy in the My player mode? It's a little annoying not having full control of your team in the "My player" mode

any ideas here?
    Very good question. I wonder if this is one of the FAQ? There is an option in the My Player mode that has FAQ option. I'm gonna go check it out and see if your question is there. I wouldnt mind having my created player in an Association league.

Sorry don't wish to deviate from JerzeyBlaze's question but I have one of my own. Bit of a noobish question as well.

I've seen in various My Player videos on youtube, before I got my PC version of the game, of people getting their created players drafted in the NBA Draft. Is this because they have NBA Draft Combine and have transferred their player from that, to their 2K10 game?

Obviously the PC version didn't have Draft Combine unfortunately, and I'm just wondering because when I started the My Player mode, I just went straight to Summer League with the Cavs, no draft or anything. Kinda wanted to see where my guy would go in the draft, but no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Sorry don't wish to deviate from JerzeyBlaze's question but I have one of my own. Bit of a noobish question as well.

I've seen in various My Player videos on youtube, before I got my PC version of the game, of people getting their created players drafted in the NBA Draft. Is this because they have NBA Draft Combine and have transferred their player from that, to their 2K10 game?

Obviously the PC version didn't have Draft Combine unfortunately, and I'm just wondering because when I started the My Player mode, I just went straight to Summer League with the Cavs, no draft or anything. Kinda wanted to see where my guy would go in the draft, but no biggie.
    Yup, everyone who was able to download the nba2k10 combine was able to upload thier player and get drafted whereas everyone else had to create and randomly was placed on an NBA team during the summer circuit.

I am Chris Wilcox

I created a new guy, because my previous guy was crap.

My last guy was a rebounder and couldn't do anything else apart from rebound, so I've made my new guy into an 6'9, 225lbs, athletic PF.

When you're a rebounder, both the off. and def. rebounding are rated a 70, when you're an athletic PF, both the off. and def. rebounding are rated a 60. So you can still rebound at a high rate, plus not be a completely useless turd at anything else.

On the Bulls summer league team, which makes for some sweet shoe colour combinations.

I Improved my guy quicker than last time, went through more drills before I even played the first summer league game and my guy was pretty decent. Last time, I was doing....drill, game, drill, game, etc. Now I've switched it to...drill, drill, game, drill, drill, game, etc.

First game was pretty poor though. 4pts and 2rbs, but I got a B- teammate rating and managed to fulfill all 3 of my objectives, getting me plenty of SP to improve my guy.

Second game was huge. 16pts and 10rbs, plus a couple of steals and a couple of assists. I made the basket to tie the game with about 12 seconds left and then went into overtime to get a slight boost in my stats. Finished with a A- (I think) teammate rating and a sh!t load of SP points.

Third game, I started off slow, but I managed to get into it by the 3rd. We went down 8 at one point late in the 3rd and managed to claw it back during the 4th and get the win, another late basket from me. I didn't score much in this game, only 8pts, but I did pull down 12rbs, so that was good.

So far, things are going pretty well. Hopefully things continue to go well.

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

Made it to the NBA after 20 D-league games Averaged 14ppg 3rpg 4apr and 1spg. In the first game got 6 points, 1 rebound and 10 assists.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Very good question. I wonder if this is one of the FAQ? There is an option in the My Player mode that has FAQ option. I'm gonna go check it out and see if your question is there. I wouldnt mind having my created player in an Association league.
    Ok Gobb, let me know what you can find out on this. i will try to find this out as well.

Ok Gobb, let me know what you can find out on this. i will try to find this out as well.
    Checked out the FAQW option...shyts blank! Nothing is there so i'm a bit lost on why that option even exists. So what I did was start an Association mode as a test to see if there was a way to have my Created Player in the Association league. And I couldnt find anyway to upload him. I went to the load option and that instantly takes you to the My Player mode. There isnt an option where you can upload your actual guy. I checked the NBDL league rosters to make sure maybe he could have been saved on there? Nope. Checked NBA free agents because i figure maybe he was added? Nope.

So far i dont think you can use your created player in the association mode.

Checked out the FAQW option...shyts blank! Nothing is there so i'm a bit lost on why that option even exists. So what I did was start an Association mode as a test to see if there was a way to have my Created Player in the Association league. And I couldnt find anyway to upload him. I went to the load option and that instantly takes you to the My Player mode. There isnt an option where you can upload your actual guy. I checked the NBDL league rosters to make sure maybe he could have been saved on there? Nope. Checked NBA free agents because i figure maybe he was added? Nope.

So far i dont think you can use your created player in the association mode.
    Thanks for looking into this! Man thats crazy...i really wish that option were on there. maybe it will be on the 2k11 or something. So I guess the my player mode is just an alternative mode to develop your player and play him that season with an NBA team and have fun with the development process and the D-League,etc. What im going to do is just create the same exact player that i made in combine, and just use the create a player option...give him a rating like 80-89 or something so i still have to develop the player and just make hima free agent in association mode. Im also going to beef up the draft class and do it that way...i might even add my player to the draft class...

Thanks for looking into this! Man thats crazy...i really wish that option were on there. maybe it will be on the 2k11 or something. So I guess the my player mode is just an alternative mode to develop your player and play him that season with an NBA team and have fun with the development process and the D-League,etc. What im going to do is just create the same exact player that i made in combine, and just use the create a player option...give him a rating like 80-89 or something so i still have to develop the player and just make hima free agent in association mode. Im also going to beef up the draft class and do it that way...i might even add my player to the draft class...
    You should. That would be dope.

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

Played 4 NBA games and my averages are 17.1ppg 0.9rpg 4.9apg 1spg

Awesome I finally made it to the NBA! I had a huge game performance. Scored 19pts 4rbs 1ast 1blk (2 go ahead bucukets in final minute) and game winning. A+ grade rating. 33 f*cking games in the NBDL and got picked up by Houston hoping to earn a 10 day contract!

Grats, I'm still trying to make it into the league with my first guy. Got about 12 games in the NBDL so far.

I also started a new guy, and I'm doing really awesome with him. Just started my first training camp, and hoping to make an NBA squad this time around without having to go to D-League.

For the people wanting to play with a created character in Association mode... you can do that. Just create a player (not in MyPlayer mode) and draft him... or edit one of your draft picks. You can even build him up each month with training sessions and at the end of each season.