Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Default Re: PS3 vs. 360 debate. Which to get?

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    I wont be buying any more sony products for a long time after this whole hacker mess.
    +1.

I wont be buying any more sony products for a long time after this whole hacker mess.

Microsoft had a similar incident with their 360 in 2008 which shut down their servers for two weeks. So I guess you can no longer buy Microsoft products either. The list of the electronics you can buy is dwindling.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Microsoft had a similar incident with their 360 in 2008 which shut down their servers for two weeks. So I guess you can no longer buy Microsoft products either. The list of the electronics you can buy is dwindling.
    you are referring to the whole microsoft points fiasco and how the servers went down for two weeks in 2008? Yeah that was a totally similar incident considering that microsoft didnt let any hackers get away with credit card numbers, and they did not repeated lie about how bad their breach was (like sony has).

Virtually every online service has downtime, that is unavoidable. Not every online service lets your CC get stolen and then lies to you about it.

The PSN blog said they would be back online this week.....when the F8ck is this week.

I mean they posted the shit on monday and now it's friday. All I want to do is murk some cats on Black Ops.

you are referring to the whole microsoft points fiasco and how the servers went down for two weeks in 2008? Yeah that was a totally similar incident considering that microsoft didnt let any hackers get away with credit card numbers, and they did not repeated lie about how bad their breach was (like sony has).

Virtually every online service has downtime, that is unavoidable. Not every online service lets your CC get stolen and then lies to you about it.

Or maybe they did have access to your info, and Microsoft just lied to you about it.

And how has Sony lied about anything? They've been completely transparent from the start, and are even offering every customer free credit protection service for a year.

And nobody knows what info the hackers took, if any. All Sony knows is that they had access to the info. I find it more likely that the hackers just wanted to fukc with Sony and force them to bring down their servers by compromising their security. If a hacker is looking to make money off of stealing CC numbers, there are many more subtle ways to go about it. Drawing the attention of the world, including the FBI and CIA isn't a great way to steal and sell CC info.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Or maybe they did have access to your info, and Microsoft just lied to you about it.

And how has Sony lied about anything? They've been completely transparent from the start, and are even offering every customer free credit protection service for a year.

And nobody knows what info the hackers took, if any. All Sony knows is that they had access to the info. I find it more likely that the hackers just wanted to fukc with Sony and force them to bring down their servers by compromising their security. If a hacker is looking to make money off of stealing CC numbers, there are many more subtle ways to go about it. Drawing the attention of the world, including the FBI and CIA isn't a great way to steal and sell CC info.
    If you think Sony has been completely transparent from the start you are a hopeless fanboy. They were waffling back and forth for a week saying "maybe" personal info had been compromised and "maybe" it hadnt... are you kidding me? How does it take one of the biggest tech companies in the world an entire week to figure out how badly they were breached? Either they were stalling (lying), or they are just completely inept.

The only reason they are offering a year of credit protection is the massive shit storm that they started when they said they were only going to give away 1 month of free PSN+. Besides, offering a year of credit protection is standard procedure for a company that has CC info leaked, so I guess you can say good job Sony for doing what virtually every other company would do in their shoes...

I agree entirely that this whole situation has nothing to do with stealing CC numbers, but rather with bringing sony to its knees. Regardless, personal information including CC numbers was potentially stolen, and it could potentially be floating around the internet and it could potentially end up in the wrong hands. Additionally, if you read about how incredibly easy it was for these hackers to get in to Sony's servers, it is blatantly obvious that Sony did not give two shits about protecting their customers info.

http://consumerist.com/2011/05/secur...sn-breach.html

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    The PSN blog said they would be back online this week.....when the F8ck is this week.

I mean they posted the shit on monday and now it's friday. All I want to do is murk some cats on Black Ops.
    When they said this week they meant to say another 3 weeks
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/di...ck-till-May-31

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

PSN back up!!!

I was able to update to the new firmware but after the update still no PSN network

38th pick to Rockets!! ChandlerParsons's Avatar

o.o
    nobody has been on this thread in a long time..
    but lol PS3 is better IMO. Better games, better controller. Not better online, but basically the only thing XBL has on PSN is Party Chat and ESPN. So .. free online play...

But I have every single console so I'm alright

Quote Originally Posted by ChandlerParsons
    o.o
    nobody has been on this thread in a long time..
    but lol PS3 is better IMO. Better games, better controller. Not better online, but basically the only thing XBL has on PSN is Party Chat and ESPN. So .. free online play...

But I have every single console so I'm alright
    What games are better? Only game that's good that I would like is KZ3 & it's a pray & spray FPS game. The controls on it is also sloppy and sluggish I've heard. The PS3 controller weighs 2 ounces, feels fake, cheap, and most of all, the analogs are symmetrical. From playing 360 to PS3, the controller feels stupid. 360's controller is more comfortable, it weighs more of course, but it's a true gaming controller. XBL has security, some games gives players exclusive rights as in Black Ops one month release before on map packs BEFORE PS3 users. Party chat? Party chat is the biggest implement on an online gaming console.

First of all. Online is about communicating. The biggest issue about PS3 is communicating. You can use a blue tooth as a headset? How cheap is that really, lol. I mean, hey it's a cool feature. But really now. Party chat can possibly be brought into PS3, but if you look at it, XBL can always improve their online ways as well.

Hardware (PS3) > Hardware (XBOX)

XBOX will learn off of PS3's Blu Ray player as a BETA. I'm sure something is in store for the future, it's Microsoft, really.

Gaming Console (XBOX) > PS3

I didn't buy a freaking XBOX to watch DVDS, I purchased for GAMING, online, and all of its features brought to me as an ADDED PLUS.

Which gamer purchases a console because of it's ability to play HD movies over the other? Really? If that's the case BLu Ray players should start playing XBOX & OR PS3 discs and they'll make a huge profit .

Truth is, XBOX wins this generation of GAMING. PS3, is more of a household addition, nothing more. I want to watch a HD movie, I have a Blu Ray player. I want to play multiplayer, I'll simply hop on XBOX. Graphics are identical. Games made for PS3 are most likely in 1080p resolution, which are PS3 exclusives. It should be. I'm not bashing the PS3, simply doing what most people do and have here, debating.

PS3 is a good console, shit I might want it in the future but I wouldn't recommend. I've played it and it's definitely not superior of the XBOX.
    Last edited by Draz; 06-22-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    What games are better? Only game that's good that I would like is KZ3 & it's a pray & spray FPS game.
    well it really depends on what you enjoy playing, for example Uncharted 2 and soon 3 are PS3 dependent as is infamous and Gran Turismo. I think Xbox is better for shooters and thats it, its controller for me is clunky and big especially on most non-shooter games and fighting games. I had a PS2 and Xbox before and hardly played the xbox except for exclusives like Halo and Fable and when the next gen arrived I hated that Microsoft totally abandoned the system no new games nada, were as Sony continued games I think until about 2-3 yrs ago. This was the major reason plus the free online why I bought a PS3 a couple of months ago. Im also already accustomed to the controller due to being a PS user since the PS1. Overall I guess it really depends on what system you enjoy, but hell no will I pay almost $70 for 1yr XBL same with 1 yr of PSN plus

What games are better? Only game that's good that I would like is KZ3 & it's a pray & spray FPS game. The controls on it is also sloppy and sluggish I've heard. The PS3 controller weighs 2 ounces, feels fake, cheap, and most of all, the analogs are symmetrical. From playing 360 to PS3, the controller feels stupid. 360's controller is more comfortable, it weighs more of course, but it's a true gaming controller. XBL has security, some games gives players exclusive rights as in Black Ops one month release before on map packs BEFORE PS3 users. Party chat? Party chat is the biggest implement on an online gaming console.

First of all. Online is about communicating. The biggest issue about PS3 is communicating. You can use a blue tooth as a headset? How cheap is that really, lol. I mean, hey it's a cool feature. But really now. Party chat can possibly be brought into PS3, but if you look at it, XBL can always improve their online ways as well.

XBOX will learn off of PS3's Blu Ray player as a BETA. I'm sure something is in store for the future, it's Microsoft, really.

I didn't buy a freaking XBOX to watch DVDS, I purchased for GAMING, online, and all of its features brought to me as an ADDED PLUS.

Which gamer purchases a console because of it's ability to play HD movies over the other? Really? If that's the case BLu Ray players should start playing XBOX & OR PS3 discs and they'll make a huge profit .

Truth is, XBOX wins this generation of GAMING. PS3, is more of a household addition, nothing more. I want to watch a HD movie, I have a Blu Ray player. I want to play multiplayer, I'll simply hop on XBOX. Graphics are identical. Games made for PS3 are most likely in 1080p resolution, which are PS3 exclusives. It should be. I'm not bashing the PS3, simply doing what most people do and have here, debating.

PS3 is a good console, shit I might want it in the future but I wouldn't recommend. I've played it and it's definitely not superior of the XBOX.
    Dude dont be ignorant. Blu ray is a huge advantage. Huge storage space and superior video and audio quality. Xbox is about to be in third place for this generation, how did they win?

38th pick to Rockets!! ChandlerParsons's Avatar

Really, which games are better?
    This year, the PS3 Library blows the hell outta the 360 library. The exclusives the 360 have this year are Gears 3, Forza 4 and anything else you wanna tell me. Kinect games? Then they have Multiplats.
    Then it is the PS3, with Uncharted 3, KZ3, Resistance 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse, MLB 2011 The Show, Socom 4, Twisted Metal, Yakuza 4.... PLUS multiplats.

With the added feature of a Blu-Ray Player. The online for PS3 is basically XBL without the party system and cross-game chat. I don't pay 60$ a year for that, or whatever it costs.

And you say controls blah blah blah are sloppy I've heard.. So you have never played ? Blu Ray is just an added feature to all the awesome games on the PS3. I still have an Xbox 360 though.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by ChandlerParsons
    Really, which games are better?
    This year, the PS3 Library blows the hell outta the 360 library. The exclusives the 360 have this year are Gears 3, Forza 4 and anything else you wanna tell me. Kinect games? Then they have Multiplats.
    Then it is the PS3, with Uncharted 3, KZ3, Resistance 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse, MLB 2011 The Show, Socom 4, Twisted Metal, Yakuza 4.... PLUS multiplats.

With the added feature of a Blu-Ray Player. The online for PS3 is basically XBL without the party system and cross-game chat. I don't pay 60$ a year for that, or whatever it costs.

And you say controls blah blah blah are sloppy I've heard.. So you have never played ? Blu Ray is just an added feature to all the awesome games on the PS3. I still have an Xbox 360 though.

/rant
    Your right. I'm pretty disappointed with this years XBOX library as well. However, MW3 is the most anticipated game along with BF3 their multiplatforms, let's see the sales.