Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    PianoMan
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is the best all around shooter of alltime.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLived#24
    No, you should thank people like them and myself, we are here to inform uneducated fans like yourself about the Greatest Player to ever grace this sport, and to educate fans on the YMCA era(50's-80's era in the NBA.)
    You better find u a playboy cuz i dont play boy i might find out where u stay boy, best to keep yo mouth closed boy.

Can we please ban Bryant stans??

The Force is with you. LongLived#24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    durant shoots a way better percetage than Kobe. Kobe isnt even the best all around shooter of his time.

bird= best all round shooter of alltime
    I'd take Reggie Miller's opinion over some nobody like yourself.

Serious playground baller

Kobe Bryant is the greatest all around shooter of all time. The wise have finally spokenOne of the greatest jump shooters of all time too Top 5 when his career ends Too bad some not so wise young boys will tell you otherwise. Get this some guy said that if Kobe wins 5 rings 2 mvps etc he will be in Top 11 or Top 12

Quote Originally Posted by IInvented
    Can we please ban Bryant stans??
    In other words, you want to ban the few people who have the wisdom and the kindness to educate uninformed fans like yourself? What were doing is a favor for the fans of this beautiful sport of NBA basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by EMERE
    Kobe Bryant is the greatest all around shooter of all time. The wise have finally spokenOne of the greatest jump shooters of all time too Top 5 when his career ends Too bad some not so wise young boys will tell you otherwise. Get this some guy said that if Kobe wins 5 rings 2 mvps etc he will be in Top 11 or Top 12
    I am glad the force is with you and that you have a great knowledge of the game.

Yea a guy who sits his a** on the 3pt line all day long waiting till he's open, but hey Brian Scalbrine can do this too.
    please watch some basketball before posting.

I'd take Reggie Miller's opinion over some nobody like yourself.
    So you believe him when he says LeBron is the best player in the league ?

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He's shot over 37% on threes, what, one time?

People forget Kobe Bryant is the best midrange shooter of alltime, and it's not even close. the term shooter does not exactly mean to spot up and shoot all day long like Bird and Scalbrine, you have to include midrange shooting aspect of shooting. Like turnaround fadeaways, contested 20 ft leaners, pullup jumpers, the fallaway, etc. Kobe has perfected all of this, while guys like bird, have only mastered the 'park my a** behind the 3pt line and wait till Im open' aspect of shooting, in other words the spot up shooting. Kobe has the ability to do this too, but it's too easy for him so he takes ill advised 24 ft fadeaways with a hand all over his face, remember Kobe is a ultimate competitor he likes to be challenged. And sitting his behind on the 3pt line all day long is not challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Reggie Miller has never said Lebron was the best, but I do recall many times where Reggie Miller has called Kobe the best player in the game plenty of times.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Unfortunately in basketball there are no "if's". If you're saying Kobe would have a way better % if he didn't shoot ill-advised shots, then you're saying he is a bad decision maker when it comes to shooting. So he either is the best shooter ever but is stupid, or he is not the best shooter ever and is not stupid. You choose.[/COLOR]

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel

Reggie Miller also said Jordan is better than Kobe, and that he had the hardest time guarding Jordan, not Kobe. So I guess if Reggie Miller's word is law, this settles the Jordan/Kobe debate.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    He's shot over 37% on threes, what, one time?
    % are overrated, you have to look at the context of the player's shooting ability. If you watch Kobe play you will see he is easily the GOAT shooter. Never have I seen a guy make so many ill advised 20 ft fadeaways with a hand in his face with such ease. Of course a guy who is a spot up shooter will always have a higher 3pt % then a guy like Kobe, who takes near impossible 3pt shots like 24 ft fadeaways, as oppse to setting up his 3's like what spot up shooters tend to do. Also Lebron had about the same 3pt % as Kobe last season, but anyone with half a brain knows Lebron isn't half the shooter Kobe is.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Unfortunately in basketball there are no "if's". If you're saying Kobe would have a way better % if he didn't shoot ill-advised shots, then you're saying he is a bad decision maker when it comes to shooting. So he either is the best shooter ever but is stupid, or he is not the best shooter ever and is not stupid. You choose.[/COLOR]
    Like I said the game is too easy for Kobe Bryant, remember Kobe is the ultimate competitor he loves to be challenged. And sitting behind the 3pt line waiting till he's open is not challenging. That's why he takes so many ill advised shots because he likes the challenge of it. Sometimes i think the man is playing horse out there, only can the GOAT do this.