Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Quote Originally Posted by CantStop
    What? To say he's better is one thing but easily better? Kobe haters have gone way too far...
    Like I said, I'm a T-Mac fan, but I wouldn't ever say he was 'better'. Maybe on a par. Note I'm talking about PRIME T-Mac, scoring machine, dunking on everyone, fully healthy, 62 points v the Wizards T-Mac. I would put that T-Mac on an equal pedestal with Kobe.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Like I said, I'm a T-Mac fan, but I wouldn't ever say he was 'better'. Maybe on a par. Note I'm talking about PRIME T-Mac, scoring machine, dunking on everyone, fully healthy, 62 points v the Wizards T-Mac. I would put that T-Mac on an equal pedestal with Kobe.
    I'm a Kobe fan and I'll agree. T-Mac in that season was a MONSTER. I'd give Kobe the slight edge because of heart and defense but they were REALLY REALLY close. But I just don't understand when someone says player A was better than player B when we all know they were virtually tied.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    There was a point in the game where T-Mac was better than Kobe. There was a point when Vince was arguably better than Kobe. But they faded away in a flurry of early exits and disapointing seasons while Kobe went on to win. Look how many SGs have been compared to Kobe over his career and he's eventually passed all of them.

You can could of, would of, should of for probably 10 different players but it really doesn't matter. Kobe is going to be remembered as a top 10 all time player and none of those guys are even top 25.
    There was never a point Vince was better than Kobe.. **** outta here.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Agreed except for the fact that Kobe is a better shooter, not gonna lie.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CantStop
    There was never a point Vince was better than Kobe.. **** outta here.
    He was in the 2000 regular season. Kobe really didn't break out until the playoffs and become clearly better.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    U serious? Quote me. Prove it. Where are these posts that player X,X,X,X is better than Kobe. Please. Thats your only defense.

ISH has gotten a search function? I'm not going to go hunting for your posts when everyone with eyes can see in any player vs. Kobe thread, if you post, your stance is always anti-Bryant. If so and so had Shaq, if so and so played with Phil coaching ext. And that's it? Throughout my whole post, thats what you choose to quote, when you and I both know the answer? Please tell me that's not all you're coming with.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Wow this thread turned into a Kobe or Tmac thread fast.

OK honestly, how many threads have been created without the name Kobe? Then it becomes a ______ or Kobe thread.

How about I ask "Who is the best individual player CURRENTLY in the NBA that's been in the league for 10+ years and STILL TODAY might be top 2?!?

Good college starter

Tmac better than Kobe? haahhah some people are on crack... the dude is a failure... fans using his injury as an excuse... everybody gets injured, even MJ and Kobe... but not everyone quits...

I remember tha year , to be honest they we're easily the 2 best perimeter players in the league. Statistically the we're very close, and yes i give t mac and edge because he was just naturally a better scorer and sometimes it seemed like he wasnt even trying but they we're both beasts that year both we're 30/6/6 so if you really wanna look at it i say they we're at worst even

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Unless my memory is failing me, wasn't Kobe himself up 3-1 against the Suns in a similar situation....and....oh, what happened next? He got eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee
    And? What's your point..How's this relevant to what McGrady did in '02-03...And Kobe showed up in games 5 and 6 unlike McGrady. (29/7/5 on 59% from the field), 50 point game 6 that went to OT and would've won that if Odom had grabbed that rebound. Game 7 was obviously a different story where Kobe quit at half time because his team didn't show up. Obviously, Kobe deserves to be bashed for it but EVEN if he had shown the determination and desire, LA still loses that. Nobody on his team shot more than 46% from the field or scored more than 16 points. And defense was never LA's strength. I don't see how the '06 Kobe/'03 McGrady situations are comparable other than the fact that they both lost after being up 3-1.

Banned

that 35 second ...says it all

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23
    That isn't the point. Point is great players find a way to win. McGrady couldn't and he didn't even show up. It's one thing that the star player shows up and the supporting cast doesn't. McGrady didn't show up himself so you can forget about winning the series. Detroit was the better team on paper. No doubt about it. But, when you're up 3-1 and lay an egg on the court, you'll get bashed for it. You're the star player and take the most blame for it. Heck, I remember kneeslack talkin about how he was finally about to advance to the second round yet he totally disappeared late into the series. Man that couldn't up back up his words. There is no excuse for that series. None. You would have a point if McGrady actually showed up but he didn't.
    love this 'didn't show up' crap. im no T-Mac fan but, he realised his dream of becoming a professional basketballer. he may not take his team to the second round, but do you understand how hard it is to make it to the NBA for anyone? i bet that was your dream, to make the NBA. you haven't made it. that means you didn't show up in life.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33
    love this 'didn't show up' crap. im no T-Mac fan but, he realised his dream of becoming a professional basketballer. he may not take his team to the second round, but do you understand how hard it is to make it to the NBA for anyone? i bet that was your dream, to make the NBA. you haven't made it. that means you didn't show up in life.
    You must be mentally handicapped. It's a fact McGrady didn't show up for games 5, 6 and 7 while blabbering about how he finally had such a great chance to get to the second round. What the f*ck does me not making the NBA have to do with this? The 2 posters brought up Kobe losing while being up 3-1 against the Suns 3 years ago. But, the fact is Kobe showed up for games 5 and 6. Even dropping 50 and taking the Suns to OT. Heck, there would have been no OT if Odom grabs that rebound that led to the Tim Thomas. McGrady was busy watching his team getting blown out in games 5, 6 and 7 while he shot a whopping 40, 39 and 29% from the field in those games. Yet, I'm supposed to not bring that up just because I'm not in the NBA. My god, are you actually this retarded?

Dunking on everybody in the park ronron15's Avatar

He was top 2 hands down.

Serious back and knee injuries messed him up. That's the bottom line.

National High School Star KoolKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23
    You must be mentally handicapped. It's a fact McGrady didn't show up for games 5, 6 and 7 while blabbering about how he finally had such a great chance to get to the second round. What the f*ck does me not making the NBA have to do with this? The 2 posters brought up Kobe losing while being up 3-1 against the Suns 3 years ago. But, the fact is Kobe showed up for games 5 and 6. Even dropping 50 and taking the Suns to OT. Heck, there would have been no OT if Odom grabs that rebound that led to the Tim Thomas. McGrady was busy watching his team getting blown out in games 5, 6 and 7 while he shot a whopping 40, 39 and 29% from the field in those games. Yet, I'm supposed to not bring that up just because I'm not in the NBA. My god, are you actually this retarded?
    You must know that Kobe is the only one you can critisize, and maybe Iverson.