Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: MTO: "Lebron is a jerk"?

LeBron is a good Basketball player.

Outside of that, who cares?

It's funny when you see people act like they know someone by watching or reading mainstream media.

Let me help you out, Television isn't real. Even those shows they call "reality shows", aren't real. As for the internet media... well, any moron can post information in the internet; the spreading of misinformation will be one of the major legacies of the online revolution.

Hopefully that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    That's a funny story. Especially the end with the kid "I'm not going to rep LeBron anymore."
    one less future "lebron troll" here

owwwww

Lebron doesn't shake or hug kids because he's a winner. He's not with that.

I BALL Hard

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    LeBron is a good Basketball player.

Outside of that, who cares?

It's funny when you see people act like they know someone by watching or reading mainstream media.

Let me help you out, Television isn't real. Even those shows they call "reality shows", aren't real. As for the internet media... well, any moron can post information in the internet; the spreading of misinformation will be one of the major legacies of the online revolution.

Hopefully that helps.
    This.

/End Thread

People think that just because someone is famous that they have to be everything they expect them to be, I hope LeBron does a "I am not a role model" type Ad to remind the kids of this Generation that its fine to idolize him as a player but that hes a real human being and you dont know him.

Mediatakeout is a horrible source

People think that just because someone is famous that they have to be everything they expect them to be, I hope LeBron does a "I am not a role model" type Ad to remind the kids of this Generation that its fine to idolize him as a player but that hes a real human being and you dont know him.
    He's a public figure. He is being paid amounts of money we can't even fathom to play a game. The reason he gets paid that much is because that many people care that much. As a result, you're essentially getting paid to be a figure. As a result it's not wrong of people to expect you to be like one. And it is wrong of a person to pocket $15 million for playing a child's game and then turn around and say "I don't owe my fans anything." These guys DO deserve their money, but not because of the athletic things they do. It's because of the media that they get it and it's because of the media that they deserve it. We throw such large amounts of money at people for their humanity. You will never again be anonymous... but I'll give you a hundred million dollars. The people need figures to admire, and you fit the bill. Sell me your soul and I'll give you so much money you'll never feel pain again (turns out, though, it doesn't quite work out that way for the recipient of the dough, but it's a myth that won't die). That's how fame works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Lebron doesn't shake or hug kids because he's a winner. He's not with that.
    damn this troll is still here.

Okay, so hes an a.s.shole. Who cares?

Decent college freshman gotbacon23's Avatar

http://clarionledger.com/article/200...TS02/907190346

Why would LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers superstar and 2009 NBA MVP, come to Jackson and not throw down at least one dunk for the estimated 500 people gathered in Jackson State's basketball arena on Saturday afternoon?
    Then, suddenly, as if James meant for no one to see, it did happen.
    He went from quietly bouncing a basketball near the 3-point line to rushing toward one of the basketball goals inside the Lee E. Williams Assembly Center.
    James closed in on the goal, leaping high into the air, his 6-foot-8, 250-pound frame more than 2 feet off the floor and skying toward the rim.
    The surprised crowd took in a collective breath. Some were in the arena seats looking down upon the spectacle. Others were courtside with cameras and phones held high, just inches away as James' huge hands met the orange rim and the ball shot through the white net.

King James hung on the rim for a second or two, then he swung off. And like a planned emergency exit, James was gone, whisked away by his 15-member entourage into two black Cadillac Escalades parked just outside the door.
    "The King" had left the building.

Wearing a mesh white sleeveless shirt, shorts to match and sunglasses, James exited one of the automobiles, towering over his entourage.
    Fleming raced toward James but was pushed back by the posse. No autographs, they told him.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

in before 100 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    He's a public figure. He is being paid amounts of money we can't even fathom to play a game. The reason he gets paid that much is because that many people care that much. As a result, you're essentially getting paid to be a figure. As a result it's not wrong of people to expect you to be like one. And it is wrong of a person to pocket $15 million for playing a child's game and then turn around and say "I don't owe my fans anything." These guys DO deserve their money, but not because of the athletic things they do. It's because of the media that they get it and it's because of the media that they deserve it. We throw such large amounts of money at people for their humanity. You will never again be anonymous... but I'll give you a hundred million dollars. The people need figures to admire, and you fit the bill. Sell me your soul and I'll give you so much money you'll never feel pain again (turns out, though, it doesn't quite work out that way for the recipient of the dough, but it's a myth that won't die). That's how fame works.
    I disagree, Basketball is not a childs game. I dont know where you got that from. Naismith was not a kid when he created this game. Secondly, we are not throwing huge amounts of money at these guys that a freaking double standard just because we all want to be them. Bump that. Think about it, no wants to shake the hands of the CEO of geico, even though he or she probably makes a huge amount of money. I dont see people yelling at Steve Jobs just because he has a lot of money. What entertainers have to go through is not fair. They are held to a standard that no one can meet, which is why they live in secluded, private areas just to get away from the general public. Why? Because, most of society is filled with idiots who follow around these entertainers and cant let them live their own life.

I BALL Hard

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    I disagree, Basketball is not a childs game. I dont know where you got that from. Naismith was not a kid when he created this game. Secondly, we are not throwing huge amounts of money at these guys that a freaking double standard just because we all want to be them. Bump that. Think about it, no wants to shake the hands of the CEO of geico, even though he or she probably makes a huge amount of money. I dont see people yelling at Steve Jobs just because he has a lot of money. What entertainers have to go through is not fair. They are held to a standard that no one can meet, which is why they live in secluded, private areas just to get away from the general public. Why? Because, most of society is filled with idiots who follow around these entertainers and cant let them live their own life.
    This.

lol @ people thinking MTO makes up stories about Lebron. They only make up stories about mega stars like Kobe because everyone cares about him off the court and also made up stories about Vanessa. This story sounds real.

Quote Originally Posted by Game
    lol @ people thinking MTO makes up stories about Lebron. They only make up stories about mega stars like Kobe because everyone cares about him off the court and also made up stories about Vanessa. This story sounds real.
    lol @ Cantstop thinking that everyone doesnt already know his agenda. He only says this stuff because his love for Kobe is the only thing that keeps him from blowing his brains out.