Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Default Re: Black people are so strong and fast

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    what would you consider hops? 30+, 36+?
    I say even 30 inches is exceptionally good for a fat player. 36 would be good for a 'healthy' individual...

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

the average NBA vertical jump is 28". the world record is reported to be somewhere in the low 60's. a fat guy having a 30" vertical would be really impressive. most "healthy" individuals can't jump 36"

Didn't someone post about blacks having more fast twitch muscles than any other race which made them explosive and athletic?

Basically it was a thread disproving that blacks were better not because of slavery but because of how their bodies are built.

Kinda like how blacks have high bone density which makes them struggle at swimming.

And how whites have the most slow twitch muscles which make them best in heavyweight lifting

Not just that, anyone of true negro descent has a different knee structure, something to do with the angle of the ligaments where the knee attaches between the upper and lower leg, along with a higher number of fast twitch muscles it creates a greater level of "explosiveness" which makes for what is seemed to be increased speed and explosive power.

Something I learned from a friend who was an Orthopaedic Surgeon, funny thing is not many medical practitioners even really know alot about it, it came up when this person was at uni doing an autopsy, sounds bizarre I know but apparently it's fact.

I'm 6ft and had a 44 inch vert with a very quick 20 yard dash time when I was younger, even when I got older and fatter I never dipped below a 34-36inch vert and still had a quick dash time, even when I was almost up at what would be 300lbs in your US measurements, after I blew out my knee I would be lucky to get higher off the ground than the ass of a mouse!

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Didn't someone post about blacks having more fast twitch muscles than any other race which made them explosive and athletic?

Basically it was a thread disproving that blacks were better not because of slavery but because of how their bodies are built.

Kinda like how blacks have high bone density which makes them struggle at swimming.

And how whites have the most slow twitch muscles which make them best in heavyweight lifting
    I thought Asians had the most slow-twitched muscles. However, I think every race has individuals with different body types...it's just that the majority of black ppl have the fast-twitched, long-limbed body type.

Don't fall for the stereotype, bro. I play basketball every weekend against some the strongest and fastest white dudes, latinos, and even a few asian players. I am 6-6, black, and played college basketball, I have seen them all. So don't sell yourself short. We all can play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by supersmashbros
    I say even 30 inches is exceptionally good for a fat player. 36 would be good for a 'healthy' individual...
    I have 34(on an okay day) running vert. I am a little overweight too.

Guys from the Cold North ie Scandinavia and inner Mongolia have developed over time more compact bodies to conserve heat. This gives them an advantage when lifting objects because of the shorter levers of their arms and legs.

Dudes from Western Africa for some reason have more fast twitch muscles in their bodies which give them advantages in activities that involve sprinting and jumping. But they also have smaller lungs than the average of the rest of the world, limiting endurance activities.

Men from Eastern Africa, like Kenya and Ethiopia have larger lungs because of the high altitude and tall slender bodies to dissipate heat easier. As you can imagine there is a reason why every long distance event is virtually swept by Kenya in every Summer Olympics

The tallest people in the world on average come from the mountains in the Balkans by the Adriatic sea in Europe.

On and on and on. People have different builds which lead them to excel in certain fields. But of course please remember this is not on a case by case basis this is just a average of the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    the average NBA vertical jump is 28". the world record is reported to be somewhere in the low 60's. a fat guy having a 30" vertical would be really impressive. most "healthy" individuals can't jump 36"
    are you sure it is 28'? that seems pretty low, you think it would be like 32-33

unless we are talking about standing verts here..

in which case only 2 or 3 players in the league have over a 30'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak

No, I dont think that the average person has a 32-33 inch running vertical. I might be wrong, but it seems very uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak

it is standing vert.. and only 2 or 3 players have over a 30' standing vert? lol, i could count to atleast 10 out of my head. rose, mayo, carter, bryant, smith, lebron, melo, robinson, other smith, hell shaq had a 32 inch standing vert in his earlier days.

remember for every carters out there, there's a yao ming. so their verts balances each other out..

Saw a basketball once

it could be that basketball has a reputation as an urban sport more than baseball or tennis or even football to a degree

so if there are 10 times as many black guys in a park as a white guy, isnt it only natural that you'll find a couple of black guys who can really run and jump

another thing to keep in mind is that for every lebron james out there(there arnt that many if you think about, you know, freakishly athletic) there is also a zach randolph(alot more common than the lebrons, maybe not in the league but across the nation and whatnot)

not to mention there are some blacks guys out there in the league who literally pay their bills by being able to jump

like hakim warrick, darius miles

not to bash on blacks cus the best 10 players are still black but just telling it like it is
    Last edited by antonioray; 08-10-2009 at 11:15 PM.