Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    You forgot about Reggie Miller, and Ray Allen. Both of them were stars.
    Thats two guys out of how many wannabee shooters.

Default Re: Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special kid?

the next ray allen

Banned

Default Re: Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special

Quote Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
    Thats two guys out of how many wannabee shooters.
    True, but not many people expect curry to be a star. I could see him put up 17points 5 assists nightly, but beyond that is pretty crazy, and even that is going pretty far.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Re: Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special kid?

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    This guy can flat out shoot, and create his own shot too. I mean since when did someone have a purer shot besides Ray Allen? He can also just sidestep the defender and pull up the jumper like its second nature.

This kid puts up 35 footers like its nothing. His release is as quick as a flash too. On top of that, his court vision is top notch, underrated i must say. he can really pass and pass well.

Also, anyone who takes a dig at his athleticism or strength. Get real. He did 10 bench presses at the combine( I would say good for a guard ). He's fast enough and he dunks pretty well. Not exactly the best dunker or derrick rose athleticism but he gets to the rim.

Hes easily the best scorer in this year's draft by a mile. 16 points and 29 points in the first two summer league games.
    He is one of the best high volume low percentage scorers out there. I will give you his is more athletic then he gets credit for. He is no JJ Reddick in terms of athletism that is for sure, but the same time he isn't Derrick Rose or O.J. Mayo when it comes to speed and vertical. He can get to the rim just people are so concerned with him lighting them up. He is a amazing shooter, but not a Pure one like Ray Allen Just not yet.
    But right now all he is in a volume shooter. Curry needs a lot of shots to be effective. Right now O.J. Mayo is more of a pure shooter than Steph Curry.

Hasn't really had a really good game from 3pt line, but since he is shooting in volume he gets away with going 3-8 both games.

Yes Steph Curry had 16 points and 29 points impressive right? not really
    He is shooting 33.3% from the field

I bet even Allen Iverson looked at that Statline and said " Damn"

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

To answer the OP's question if you let him he can become easily a 25 PPG scorer giving the shots on 39% FG.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    This guy can flat out shoot, and create his own shot too. I mean since when did someone have a purer shot besides Ray Allen? He can also just sidestep the defender and pull up the jumper like its second nature.

This kid puts up 35 footers like its nothing. His release is as quick as a flash too. On top of that, his court vision is top notch, underrated i must say. he can really pass and pass well.

Also, anyone who takes a dig at his athleticism or strength. Get real. He did 10 bench presses at the combine( I would say good for a guard ). He's fast enough and he dunks pretty well. Not exactly the best dunker or derrick rose athleticism but he gets to the rim.

Hes easily the best scorer in this year's draft by a mile. 16 points and 29 points in the first two summer league games.
    OP you got this one

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Stephen Curry is gonna be special but Rubio will be a star.

Love reading these type of old posts

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I think that he'll be a bust. I would be really surprised if he became a point guard. He's too slow to get his own shot off. I just don't see it with him.
    He could be really great sixth man, and could be a similar player to Jason Terry but I think he could be a better passer, and is already a close shooter. He doesn't have the physical talents of Terry though.
    some of these clowns still post on this board smh

Damn lol

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.

Love reading these type of old posts
    Me too. Lots of fail in this thread.

I could see him put up 17points 5 assists nightly, but beyond that is pretty crazy, and even that is going pretty far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Stephen Curry is gonna be special but Rubio will be a star.

Quote Originally Posted by asd
    won't be much better than JJ Redick
    I think that he'll be a bust. I would be really surprised if he became a point guard. He's too slow to get his own shot off. I just don't see it with him.

He could be really great sixth man, and could be a similar player to Jason Terry but I think he could be a better passer, and is already a close shooter. He doesn't have the physical talents of Terry though.

Banned

Oh look, chocolatethunder is wrong as f*ck...again

Local High School Star

Rubio a star one of the most overhypted prospects in the league. guy has made a ton of money and is a fucin scrub. Unbelievable.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Hilarious.

But to be fair to the dudes who posted in this thread about Curry being a JJ Redick at best, i probably would have said similar things but i just didn't post it (or maybe i did in another thread).

I thought Curry would have a prime at about Jason Terry or Monta Ellis level.