Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron James will play the PF Position next season

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose

We aren't losing both kid.

Lakers still have Gasol and a healthy Bynum to combat any frontocurt...not to mention the best player(IMO) in Kobe Bryant.
    How do you know you are not losing both? Seriously have either signed yet?

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by T-bomb 25
    But Pierce actually has a post game.
    So.....you dont HAVE to play in the post to be a PF. And when LeBron posts up he actually does pretty good.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    They've had like 14 hours to make a deal... and considering both of them are unrestricted free agents the chances of them signing right away are low.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Use common sense kiddo.

There isn't a huge market out there this summer.

Suppose someone takes Ariza for 9 mill. Lakers can pay Odom 1 or 2 mill more then to keep him and offer him the most, fill in the SF spot with the MLE.

IF they get a good SF he can play some PF, then shift to SF when Varejo is on the floor. The problem they had was they slotted Lebron at SF and acted like he couldn't be moved around to take advantages of matchups. He doesn't necessarily need to be one position all the time.

And regardless, Lebron should work on his post game because he is a super beast, and could post up almost anyone.

If he becomes a PF, Prince James new nickname will be LeBron "Foul Trouble" James. because regardless what everyone says I HIGHLY doubt LeBron is 27o like he claims maybe 250-255 but, no way he is like 270-275 like he says he is especially watching the BET awards this weekend no way...

Quote Originally Posted by KKittles30
    I HIGHLY doubt LeBron is 27o like he claims maybe 250-255 but, no way he is like 270-275 like he says he is especially watching the BET awards this weekend no way...
    Rookie LeBron, 240 :

Now :

Puting LeBron at PF is a panic move.

LeBron has no back to the basket offense and can't handle big post threats.

If I saw LeBron gaurding my PF the first thing I would do is run a low post screen and switch, then let my biggest player go to work.

Also, if Power Forwards are gaurding LeBron, they are going to sag way off him (because they have to). With Shaq already occupying the post, you're going to consistantly have a packed defense, turning LeBron into a jumpshooter.

Cavs are going in the wrong direction with this move. If anythign they should be looking to find a PF who can shoot the midrange J, so the paint isn't packed with players constantly.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Rookie LeBron, 240 :

Now :

I've seen pictures of before and after, but these two pictures are amazing. This guy is a ****ing beast.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yea I buy him being every bit of 270. I remember clearly in the 04 olympics they said he was 252 and he is a lot bigger now. 20 pounds with 5 years of weight training isnt hard to believe. He came into the league like 12 pounds off Hakeems prime weight. Id buy 6'9''270 from him right now. Hes about the same size as Zo was in Miami as disturbing as it is to think about.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Also, if Power Forwards are gaurding LeBron, they are going to sag way off him (because they have to). With Shaq already occupying the post, you're going to consistantly have a packed defense, turning LeBron into a jumpshooter.
    First, a PF would have to sag all the way into the paint to have any chance of staying in front of LeBron. Regardless of where he is listed, a big PF cannot and will not guard him. This isn't NBA Live... You don't have to be matched against whomever is across from you on the official roster.

It would be suicide for a big PF to try and defend LeBron. You are vastly underestimating his jumpshot. He certainly isn't automatic with it at this point in his career, but if you sag off of him and let him step into his rhythm, he will hit medium-range or even long-range jumpers with great regularity.

You didn't see Pietrus playing off of LeBron... Maybe you could do that three years ago, but LeBron's jumper is much better now than it was then. If you don't crowd him or at least get a hand in his face, you are asking for trouble.

LeBron is a matchup nightmare regardless of where he is listed or who is guarding him. This should be obvious by now.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Cavs are going in the wrong direction with this move. If anythign they should be looking to find a PF who can shoot the midrange J, so the paint isn't packed with players constantly.
    You need to read through the thread. These points have been addressed.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-01-2009 at 06:27 PM.

NBA Finals

Guys, just because the friggin article says that he's going to be playing PF doesnt mean that he'll be the starting Power Forward next year, nor does it mean he has to bang in the post.

Basically, we just lost Sasha via the Shaq trade, we lost Wally to free agency, and now we're looking to sign someone to play the 3 when we run our small lineup which was actually effective last year.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Yea I buy him being every bit of 270. I remember clearly in the 04 olympics they said he was 252 and he is a lot bigger now. 20 pounds with 5 years of weight training isnt hard to believe. He came into the league like 12 pounds off Hakeems prime weight. Id buy 6'9''270 from him right now. Hes about the same size as Zo was in Miami as disturbing as it is to think about.
    I don't really understand anyone that argues against LeBron being every bit as big as 6-foot-9, 270. First, he has publicly said that he is 6-foot-9. I'm not sure why he would lie about that and he definitely looks every bit that tall when standing next to the likes of Dwight Howard.

Second, as you noted, he weighed over 250 pounds in the Olympics coming off of his rookie season. There is a massive difference between the LeBron of 2003-04 and the LeBron of 2008-09... If it is this obvious just by sight, you can pretty much guarantee that the scale reflects it, as well.

I'm not sure why he keeps his weight such a secret.

Following in the footsteps of Tim Duncan, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and Kevin Garnett.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    LeBron James

Height: 6'9"
    Weight: 270 lbs
    Wing Span: 7'1"
    Wait, that better be with shoes and a stomach full of steaks. Isn't he 6'8 and 250? Had to check for that. Anyway, I think they should keep him at the 3. Bigger PFs might wear him down midway through the season.