Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Default Re: Dwyane Wade vs Shaq O'Neal 2006 NBA Playoffs / Finals

Quote Originally Posted by gxL
    kobe was definitely better than wade in the season. obviously he had the worse team and had to put up 35ppg
    That's debateable, but I remember calling up fox sports radio, 670thescore, and sporting news radio in that very off season debating that LeBron was the best player in the NBA that year, here's my proof though:

05-06
    LeBron 31.4ppg 7.0reb 6.6ast 48%fg 1.6stl .8blk
    Kobe 35.4ppg 5.3reb 4.5ast 45%fg 1.8stl .4blk

Due to the fact that LeBron shot 48% that season, if he took as many shots as Kobe did that season even at a 47-49% clip, he would have outscored Kobe by nearly a point. So the fact that Kobe took so many shots, is why people viewed him as having the best year. Grantite 45% isn't pitiful but it isn't up to par with LeBron's shot % that year.

Don't give me "Kobe had to take those shots" because LeBron's team was just as bad.

The more important proof is this:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._2006.html#mvp

LeBron finished 2cnd in MVP voting that year, while Kobe finished in 4th. The voters were spot on by having LeBron ranked higher than Kobe that year.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

I'm still baffled till this day how the Hell Wade shot 60% againist the Pistons in the 06 ECF. Digusting

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    I'm still baffled till this day how the Hell Wade shot 60% againist the Pistons in the 06 ECF. Digusting
    I can help you out with that because I actually watched the series. Every time he missed, he got to go the free throw line. They don't call him D-whistle for nothing. If I got a "mulligan" everytime I missed a shot, I'd probably shoot a pretty good % also.

I love it.... Wade has had the worst collective team record of the Kobe/LeBron/Wade debate since 2003, he has neither the MVP awards that Kobe & LeBron got... he currently has the worst team of the 3....

And yet, he's still the most hated on ISH.
    I don't think the homers will ever let go of the fact that Wade was the first out of the 3 to win a championship as the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    I can help you out with that because I actually watched the series. Every time he missed, he got to go the free throw line. They don't call him D-whistle for nothing. If I got a "mulligan" everytime I missed a shot, I'd probably shoot a pretty good % also.
    Yep, Wade's 8.6 per game(not even double digits ) on avg trips to the charity really put the Heat over the edge.
    Last edited by BFRESH44; 06-20-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Yep, Wade's 8.6 per game(not even double digits ) on avg trips to the charity really put the Heat over the edge.
    WTF are you talking about? He averaged over 16+ freethrows per game in the finals alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    WTF are you talking about? He averaged over 16+ freethrows per game in the finals alone.
    WTF are you talking about? Who's talking about the Finals? We're talking about the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals, where according to you Wade 'was given a mulligan' everytime he shot the ball.

Clearly that was evident with his resounding 8.6 free attempts per game that series, right?

WTF are you talking about? Who's talking about the Finals? We're talking about the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals, where according to you Wade 'was given a mulligan' everytime he shot the ball.

Clearly that was evident with his resounding 8.6 free attempts per game that series, right?
    Like I said, I actually WATCHED the series. Wade shot 19 free throws in game 4 alone...IN DETROIT I'll let you guess who won that one. His average was down for the series because the 5th and 6th games ended up being blowouts, Stern eventually got what he wanted, ripping the Pistons hearts out with horrendous call after horrendous call. Wade only shot 3 free throws and 2 free throws in games 5 and 6 respectively...two of the biggest blowouts of the series.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

[QUOTE=BFRESH44]I'm still baffled till this day how the Hell Wade shot 60% againist the Pistons in the 06 ECF. Digusting[/QUOTE

Still to this day the Finals overshadow what he did to them. He BBQ'd them every which way to the point of embarrassment. Hamilton/Prince were completely helpless.

Really the only good defense was with Lyndsay Hunter's ball denial. When he did get the ball, he torched him too. Just an eye opening series.

Wade had one of the greatest playoff runs and finals ever.

What is fatal talking about? As far as I know, the Mavs were the 8th best defensive team in the playoofs that year. They beat the 1st and 2nd best defensive teams in the playoffs in Memphis and San Antonio.

Kobe faced easier teams than this 60 win team before. Why couldn't he torch those Pacers, or Nets? They sure as hell weren't as good defensively as the Mavs were. You need to quit with your agenda and just admit that Wade was incredible.

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wade had one of the greatest playoff runs and finals ever.

What is fatal talking about? As far as I know, the Mavs were the 8th best defensive team in the playoofs that year. They beat the 1st and 2nd best defensive teams in the playoffs in Memphis and San Antonio.

Kobe faced easier teams than this 60 win team before. Why couldn't he torch those Pacers, or Nets? They sure as hell weren't as good defensively as the Mavs were. You need to quit with your agenda and just admit that Wade was incredible.
    Agreed. It's sad that the haters always diminish it. Even more sadder then haters diminishing Hakeem's two titles just because they happened in years Jordan wasn't there for or was not completely ready. Wade practically willed his team to the championship that season.