Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Charles Barkley vs Malone (In Their Primes ages 23-32 Head to Head)

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Barkley is Great...But Your OVERRATING him...Everyone who is sane know's Duncan is Better than Barkley...You think just because you Cherry Pick Stats that can be stored anyway you want them, will change the FACT that Duncan>>>Barkley?? No....

You need to get off the Hollinger Crack Pipe and wake the hell up man...

Just to justify your Hero, you put together any stats you can find to benefit him, and then Totally Disrespect Guy's who have won...Your Basically saying winning isn't important...And im willing to bet that if Barkley had 4 rings with 4 Finals MVP's, you wouldn't be disregarding the Importance Of Winners.
    to me, if Barkley wasnt this 6'4 obese guy he wouldnt get this much d*cklicking form this cat

Dwayne Wade recorded over 100 block shots and he's 6'4... good for them

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    to me, if Barkley wasnt this 6'4 obese guy he wouldnt get this much d*cklicking form this cat

Dwayne Wade recorded over 100 block shots and he's 6'4... good for them
    Pure Stats don`t say much but Broken Down Stats say alot especially if you compare them to your teamates...

*You guys are just pissed off at me because i have prooved so many times how much you all have been underrating Barkley...

Barkely owned Duncan at ages 34-36 when he could hardly move or leal period!

If it was 80s 76ers Barkley ages 22-30 Duncan would not have lasted 1 quarter with Barkey under no handchecking puss rules when contact was allowed.

That`s good for Wade but Barkley did it while guarding guys that where usually 4-5 inches taller than him...get real...

Banned

Ok now you are just going overboard Sir Charles.

I have no problem with you saying Barkley is better than Malone even though, I disagree career wise. However, Barkley is not better than Duncan, you are just kidding yourself if you think he is. There are no stats to change the fact that Duncan won 4 championships and 3 of them were his Finals MVP's. You probably could argue he deserved the one in Cleveland more than he did against the Pistons.

All said and done, Duncan is a Top 10 player of all-time arguably Top 5. Barkley on the other hand isn't even Top 15. Not even sure if he's in the Top 20 to be honest with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Pure Stats don`t say much but Broken Down Stats say alot especially if you compare them to your teamates...

*You guys are just pissed off at me because i have prooved so many times how much you all have been underrating Barkley...

If it was 80s 76ers Barkley ages 22-30 Duncan would not have lasted 1 quarter with Barkey under no handchecking puss rules when contact was allowed.

That`s good for Wade but Barkley did it while guarding guys that where usually 4-5 inches taller than him...get real...

but why teach us sh*t that we already know

Kevin Garnett also pull higher stats than Timmy but that doesnt mean he's better
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 06-13-2009 at 12:13 AM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

[

[/B]
    For starters i doubt Duncan would have been matched up against Barkley, Prime Barkley would have tough time rolling in pick and rolls to guard Duncan's JS plus the height advantage. Even Malone had no problem hitting those shots against Barkley hence teammates like Cliff Robinson/A.C green guarded Karl Malone not Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    but why teach us sh*t that we already know

Kevin Garnett also pull higher stats than Timmy but that doesnt mean he's better
    Where does he put higher Stats?

You are talking about Pure Stats not BROKEN DOWN STATS

Duncan`s EFF, PER and Statistical +/- is Clearly Higher than Garnett`s...

Duncan is a More IMPACTFUL PLAYER because of His OFFENSIVE GAME AND INTERIOR D

While Kevin Garnett is the Better All Around Player, Passer and Floor Defender. Infact Garnett is Most Probably THEE GREATEST ALL AROUND PF of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoot
    For starters i doubt Duncan would have been matched up against Barkley, Prime Barkley would have tough time rolling in pick and rolls to guard Duncan's JS plus the height advantage. Even Malone had no problem hitting those shots against Barkley hence teammates like Cliff Robinson/A.C green guarded Karl Malone not Barkley.
    1st of All

I think you know little about Barkley I`ve seen Barkley guard Centers ranging from Robert Parish, Bill Walton all the way up to Shaq himself...forcing them to leave the Paint Many Times....

2nd of All....

[COLOR="blue"]- Do you know who is the Player that CREATED MOST ILEGAL DEFENSES in the 80s and 90s?
    - Do you know who is the Player that Had the BEST OFFENSIVE IMPACT in Olympic Game Histroy - Under Zone Defenses?
    - Do you know who is the Player that Had More DEFENSIVE ROTATIONS Per Game on 1 Player Coverage in the 80s and 90s?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Thy Answer is Charles Barkley...[/COLOR]

Duncan would have way more trouble guarding Barkley than Barkley guarding Duncan....

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Wan`t Proof?

Thy Proof is Right Below These Writes..[/COLOR]

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=duncati01

[COLOR="Blue"]*There is a Reason why Barkley needed the Constant Rotation of SFs- PFs-CFs and Cs guarding him...through a game...

Why?...Answer: 1 or 2 Quarters with the Same Type of Player Guarding... ment = FOULING OUT!!!![/COLOR]

Barkley`s famous Quote:

[COLOR="Blue"]"NO PLAYER IN MY POSITION CAN OUT PLAY OR GUARD ME"[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 06-13-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Even though Barkley and Malone were better individual players than Duncan, I'll take the 4 time champion over either one of them anyday.

Bol'd over

I love Chuck, but I am so ****ing sick of your constant ****ing Barkley threads

I bet you wish you were Dick Bavetta, huh?

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

whats the need for this again?

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    Even though Barkley and Malone were better individual players than Duncan, I'll take the 4 time champion over either one of them anyday.
    Duncan is Better than Malone due to his more Efficient Offensive Impact in the Clutch, Superior Skilled Post Player, Ball Handler. Rebounder and ofcourse his Impact in Interior Defense cause he Realy is a basic Center

But in Floor Defense, Passing, Mid Range Shooting and Finishing or Going to the Basket... I`d give the edge to Malone.

Barkley was Better than Duncan in everything but Interior Defense.
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 06-13-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Banned

Duncan is Better than Malone due to his more Efficient Offensive Impact in the Clutch, Superior Skilled Post Player, Ball Handler and his Impact in Interior Defense but in Floor Defense, Rebounding, Passing and Finishing I`d give the edge to Malone.

Duncan is by far a better player than Barkley ever was. More polished offensive player, far superior defensive player, and this shouldn't even be a debate. I should be shocked at this, but im not, because there's a high total of Kobe Bryant fans who think he is better than Jordan. They mustard up some stat's that fit their case and then try to argue you down, send you hate mail, I mean, it's a crazy world of crazy fans.

As for Malone and Barkley, yeah, I do think Barkley was better than Malone. I feel that Malone was apart of a product where 2 players made eachother (Malone & Stockton).

Duncan is Better than Malone due to his more Efficient Offensive Impact in the Clutch, Superior Skilled Post Player, Ball Handler. Rebounder and ofcourse his Impact in Interior Defense cause he Realy is a basic Center

But in Floor Defense, [COLOR="Red"]Passing[/COLOR], Mid Range Shooting and Finishing or Going to the Basket... I`d give the edge to Malone.

Malone a better passer than Duncan? Were you blinded by Barkley's jizz?

Defense: Malone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barkley

Duncan is by far a better player than Barkley ever was. More polished offensive player

[COLOR="blue"]More Polished Offensive Player? Pleaseeee [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]1-Barkley`s 2-Point FG% is

58% (Season) and 55% (Play-Offs Season)

He did that 5-6 Times (and around and 64% twice)

2-Only Player to Score 20 + PPG on 60% + 2-Point FG% in the last 19 Years Not Named Shaq[/COLOR]

http://www.rootzoo.com/articles/view...cs-Primer_3549

Putting it together: Offensive Rating. By now, you're probably impatient for a number that tells us [COLOR="Blue"]how efficient a player is overall with the possessions that he uses,[/COLOR] and the answer comes in the form of Dean Oliver's Offensive Rating (OR). The formula is a bit complicated to reproduce here (I refer you to Oliver's excellent Basketball on Paper for its full derivation), but it suffices to say that [COLOR="blue"]Offensive Rating provides a rating of how many points a player scores per 100 possessions that he uses while on the floor.[/COLOR] The league's typical rating has varied throughout history, but today stands at around 107.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]The best OR belong to jump-shooting guards and, to a lesser extent, high-percentage post players. The career leaders are Steve Kerr (122.06), Reggie Miller (121.48), Magic Johnson (120.79), John Stockton (120.55), and Kiki Vandeweghe (119.49).[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]In general, the more possessions that a player uses, the lower we expect his OR to be, because player who use more possessions have to use more possessions in precarious situations[/COLOR].

[COLOR="DarkRed"]If a player has a high career Usage Rate and a high OR, that indicates that he is a monster on offense[/COLOR].[COLOR="Blue"] Magic Johnson falls into this category, as does Charles Barkley (119.31)[/COLOR], Adran Dantley (118.40), the incomparable Michael Jordan (who, with the highest career Usage Rate, had a career OR of 117.97, the 13th best in history), and Dirk Nowitzki (117.80).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...tg_career.html

Career Leaders and Records for Offensive Rating

NBA/ABA
    Rank Player ORtg

1. Steve Kerr 122.06 (CG)
    2. Reggie Miller 121.48 (SG)
    3. Magic Johnson* 120.79 (PG-Point F)
    4. John Stockton* 120.55 (PG)
    5. Chris Paul 120.54 (PG)
    6. Kiki Vandeweghe 119.49 (SF-SG)
    7. Sidney Moncrief 119.40 (CG-PG)
    [COLOR="blue"]8. Charles Barkley* 119.31 (PF)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]More Polished[/COLOR]?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ct_career.html

Career Leaders and Records for True Shooting Pct

NBA/ABA
    Rank Player TS%
    1. Cedric Maxwell .6294
    2. Artis Gilmore .6227
    3. James Donaldson .6177
    4. Adrian Dantley* .6166
    5. Jeff Ruland .6152
    6. Reggie Miller .6139
    [COLOR="blue"]7. Charles Barkley* .6120 [/COLOR]
    8. Magic Johnson* .6095
    9. John Stockton* .6081

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ct_career.html

Career Leaders and Records for Effective Field Goal Pct

NBA/ABA
    Rank Player eFG%

1. Artis Gilmore .5820
    2. Shaquille O'Neal .5818
    3. Mark West .5804
    4. Steve Johnson .5722
    5. Darryl Dawkins .5721
    6. James Donaldson .5706
    7. Brent Barry .5703
    8. Dwight Howard .5679
    9. Bo Outlaw .5678
    10. Steve Kerr .5642
    11. Jeff Ruland .5641
    12. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* .5595
    13. Bobby Jones .5583
    [COLOR="blue"]14. Charles Barkley* .5578 [/COLOR]
    15. Kevin McHale* .5554

Offensive Skills:

[COLOR="blue"]Could Duncan Shoot the Mid J Like Barkley?
    Could Duncan Spin Like Barkley ?
    *Barkley is the Precusor of Shaq`s Black Tornados
    Could Duncan Go 1 on 1 Off the Dribble Like Barkley?
    Could Duncan Handle the Ball Like Barkley?
    Could Duncan Pass like Barkley?
    Could DUncan Game Create like Barkley?
    Could DUncan Lead Breaks and FInish OFf with Assists and Dunks Going Coast to Coast?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]*Barkley Created Most Ilegal Defenses in the 80s and 90s
    *Barkley is the Player that Had More Defensive Rotations Per Game Up Until Shaq
    *Barkley and Shaq are one of the Cuases of the 5 Second Back to the Basket Rule Change
    *Barkley Is the Best International Olympic Player of All Time Under Zone Rules[/COLOR]

Proof of Barkley`s Statistical Overall Polished Skill Efficiency:

http://www.basketballreference.com/l...?stat=eff&lg=n

Career EFF Leaders

Player EFF Seasons

[COLOR="Orange"]1 Wilt Chamberlain 41.50 14 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]2 Bill Russell 31.71 13 [/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]3 Oscar Robertson 31.61 14 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]4 Bob Pettit 31.11 11 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]5 Kareem Abdul-jabbar 30.93 20[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]6 Larry Bird 29.77 13 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="orange"]7 Elgin Baylor 29.74 14 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]8 Michael Jordan 29.19 15 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]9 Magic Johnson 29.10 13 [/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]10 Charles Barkley 28.16 16 [/COLOR]

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=1415

More Fun with Statistical +/-

[B]Posted by Neil Paine on February 27, 2009

The other day, I talked at some length about