Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Dahntay Jones tripped Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Another jackass that knows nothing about fouls
    Ok, we'll see when the NBA upgrades it to at least a technical. You can't just trip someone ON PURPOSE blatantly and not expect anything to happen. Those types of fouls can cause injury to the jaw of a player or the nose, face, etc. That was a flagrant over what they called Bynum for on Birdman, It looked bad cause Bynum's long arms wound up and went at the ball, and as you saw in the replay, it was mostly ball and a hard foul...but a trip is not even a technical GTFO.

If this was Sasha tripping Carmelo, you would be b*tchin all over the boards.

New question... If his teammates(Yo pau, odem, andrew etc.) thought this was so bad...why NOT rush to defend him or retaliate against him or any othre Nugget.... If that bad should of been a bench clearing "discussion"

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose

Don't even go there. Dude will be going on a murder rampage...

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Ok, we'll see when the NBA upgrades it to at least a technical. You can't just trip someone ON PURPOSE blatantly and not expect anything to happen. Those types of fouls can cause injury to the jaw of a player or the nose, face, etc. That was a flagrant over what they called Bynum for on Birdman, It looked bad cause Bynum's long arms wound up and went at the ball, and as you saw in the replay, it was mostly ball and a hard foul...but a trip is not even a technical GTFO.

Dude....I'm trying to actually have a conversation rationally and you're making this really hard. It simply does not matter if it was intentional. I repeat. It simply does not matter if it was intentional. Again. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT MATTER IF IT WAS INTENTIONAL. A trip is a trip. A trip also happens to be a normal, run of the mill foul.

Why are you arguing this? There's no argument, it's incredibly clear cut.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    New question... If his teammates(Yo pau, odem, andrew etc.) thought this was so bad...why NOT rush to defend him or retaliate against him or any othre Nugget.... If that bad should of been a bench clearing "discussion"
    because no one saw it, Kobe would have probably gotten more aggressive on the refs after the play if he didn't have 5 techs.

Because his teammates don't respect him

Cause if any Lakers player did this, they would automatic eject and suspended for a game. The league/refs knows they need to help the nuggets in order to get a 6-7 games series. LA generate too much money for them.

If they call the game straight up. The Lakers would sweep the Nuggets, maybe the Nuggets might steal 1 game. The regular season is a telling story. And LA own Denver for years..

Banned

Dude....I'm trying to actually have a conversation rationally and you're making this really hard. It simply does not matter if it was intentional. I repeat. It simply does not matter if it was intentional. Again. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT MATTER IF IT WAS INTENTIONAL. A trip is a trip. A trip also happens to be a normal, run of the mill foul.

Why are you arguing this? There's no argument, it's incredibly clear cut.
    the fact that you think it is that clear cut is an indictment on your own understanding...The distinction between intentional and unintentional basketball plays has and always will take a part in basketball. In your quest to be clear cut you are not even taking part in the relevant discussion. Your like that guy in class after the teacher explains the concept that tries to explain it back in terms that are much to simple to embody what you were susposed to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    the fact that you think it is that clear cut is an indictment on your own understanding...The distinction between intentional and unintentional basketball plays has and always will take a part in basketball. In your quest to be clear cut you are not even taking part in the relevant discussion. Your like that guy in class after the teacher explains the concept that tries to explain it back in terms that are much to simple to embody what you were susposed to get out of it.

There is a reason why no one ever respond to that fool thread/topic. The dude is a biased retard.

I respond to one of it post, and realized it was the tool. So I stop..!

What? We can all agree that Dahntay intentionally tripped him, but what does it matter? Had the refs called the foul, he would've taken the ball out of bounds and this thread wouldn't even exist, would it?

But since it was a no call, people seem to come to these ridiculous conclusions like Dahntay was trying to injure him. I just don't get it. Kobe was making a cut to the basket and Dahntay didn't let him.

NBA rookie of the year

LMAO @ USCTrojan talking about the league fixing games because the Lakers bring in money, yet he won't take the next logical step, which is that the league fixes games to ensure that the Lakers advance to the next round, so the league can make even more money.

In other words: it's all BS.

Banned

What? We can all agree that Dahntay intentionally tripped him, but what does it matter? Had the refs called the foul, he would've taken the ball out of bounds and this thread wouldn't even exist, would it?

But since it was a no call, people seem to come to these ridiculous conclusions like Dahntay was trying to injure him. I just don't get it. Kobe was making a cut to the basket and Dahntay didn't let him.
    No if they would have called a foul it would still be reviewed because of he nature of the play...Its a dirty and dangerous play. I rather get elbowed in the chest or thrown to the ground then tripped like that. Some people fail to see how dangerous such a play is and why is cant be allowed in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkUSCtrojan
    There is a reason why no one ever respond to that fool thread/topic. The dude is a biased retard.

I respond to one of it post, and realized it was the tool. So I stop..!
    I'm one of the most unbiased sports fans there is. I love the game of basketball, period. I try to base my thoughts on all ends of the spectrum before I form opinions.

Why is everyone so bitter in here?

If Sasha, Luke, Farmar would trip his homegirl Carmelo. Dude will be going nuts on this board. We would probably see his ass on the 10 o' clock news holding David Stern hostage.

No if they would have called a foul it would still be reviewed because of he nature of the play...Its a dirty and dangerous play. I rather get elbowed in the chest or thrown to the ground then tripped like that. Some people fail to see how dangerous such a play is and why is cant be allowed in basketball.
    Which is why earlier I mentioned how Dahntay has done this before countless times. He's tripped someone probably 30+ times this season and it's never gone under review, it's always been a normal foul. Are you saying just because it was Kobe, then?