Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dahntay Jones tripped Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUXJ8Q7ehY#t=4m30s at the 4:30-4:45 mark

Regular foul, no tech, no flagrant, no ejection.

he didnt do it on purpose

Default Re: 10 hours later and not one thread about Dahntay tripping Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    That trip deserves a flagrant-1 or a tech or something, but nothing more than that. Obviously not a suspension.

But they can't do anything about it though right because there wasn't a call on it to begin with?

IMO it deserves a suspension...not a good hard foul etc. just dirty play straight up.

Made that high school varsity squad

Actually the more I look at the play the less I think its suspension worthy. From the front view it looks like Jones swings and kicks Kobe's legs out from under him. The side view shows it was more of a hook/trip. Still cheap... but not suspension worthy.

My only qualm is I think prior transgressions should be taken into account. Whats to stop a player from saying "I have seven of these that i can use before it actually hurts me" and then cheap fouling certain players throughout a series?

Quote Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
    Actually the more I look at the play the less I think its suspension worthy. From the front view it looks like Jones swings and kicks Kobe's legs out from under him. The side view shows it was more of a hook/trip. Still cheap... but not suspension worthy.
    So by calling it a hook/trip instead of a trip makes it some what less vile?
    yeah...that totally makes sense.

Maybe we should call elbow blows love taps so they will not deserve techs as well.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    So by calling it a hook/trip instead of a trip makes it some what less vile?
    yeah...that totally makes sense.

Maybe we should call elbow blows love taps so they will not deserve techs as well.
    Its the intensity of the action that does it to me. For instance hooking a player with your elbow to throw them off balance and get by them is an offensive foul... but only that. Swinging with the elbow is much more serious. It at first looked to me like Jones swung through with his leg and swept Kobe's feet from under him. But after seeing it over its more apparent he stuck his leg out and then hooked Bryant off his feet. Still a dirty cheap move and I hope it gets upgraded and the league starts watching him more closely. But I think to insist its suspension worthy is a bit over the top.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    he didnt do it on purpose
    Is that a joke? Are you watching the same play I am? Edwards CLEARLY pulls MJ's leg to the side on purpose.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Look, it happened, the game is over. Kobe is not hurt. We need to move on.

However, it's hard not to point out that Rafer Alson gets suspended for slapping Eddie House in the back of the head ever so lightly--yet a malicious play that could've caused an injury doesn't get ANY recognition.

But this is the game. Hinrich being thrown into the scorer's table, Howard getting a ball thrown at him--some shyt just doesn't get called.

flagrant please.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

These kobe lovers in here are ridiculous

I can only imagine what they would be saying had JR connected on that monstrous dunk over him

Da Mavs

@ anyone that says this wasn't a tech/flagrant

Dahntay clearly did that on purpose, so if that isn't a flagrant, guys should do it all the time and not have to worry about it being considered malicious.

A player could get a serious injury to the face for a trip. It might not help Jones either that he had the push on Kobe that was changed to a flagrant. Like JVG said, you are what you do.

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Kobe Bryant's gets shove, push, hit, trip, punch and no fouls call. If you give LeBron a wink, LeBron will be at the line shooting free throws. Magics are too tough for the Cavs, cause their a shooting team. Cavs needs help by the leauge/refs to beat the Magics. If the Magics were a driving to the basketball team, I bet Magics wouldn't get any calls, if they get foul going to the basketball.

The league knows, if they call the game correctly. Lakers sweep the Nuggets in 4. They need LA to go 6-7 games in every series. The Lakers are making the league huge money.

NBA is a manufactured league that create super stars, just like the WWE. They want the ultimate Kobe vs LeBron match up.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    @ anyone that says this wasn't a tech/flagrant

Dahntay clearly did that on purpose, so if that isn't a flagrant, guys should do it all the time and not have to worry about it being considered malicious.

A player could get a serious injury to the face for a trip. It might not help Jones either that he had the push on Kobe that was changed to a flagrant. Like JVG said, you are what you do.
    Another jackass that knows nothing about fouls

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Why do people have such a hard time understanding this?

A TRIP IS A REGULAR FOUL, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, AND JONES HAS BEEN CALLED FOR IT COUNTLESS TIMES THIS SEASON.

Why on earth would someone get suspended for a regular foul? You people amaze me.

fool....

I see no reason to laugh at logic. But I already tried to explain to you californians. Just keep living in your own imaginary world, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkUSCtrojan

fool....
    I don't get how he's a fool, he's right. trips happen all the time. it was pretty weak, there was no need to call it a flagrant at all