Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: 10 hours later and not one thread about Dahntay tripping Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Why do people have such a hard time understanding this?

A TRIP IS A REGULAR FOUL, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, AND JONES HAS BEEN CALLED FOR IT COUNTLESS TIMES THIS SEASON.

Why on earth would someone get suspended for a regular foul? You people amaze me.
    Did Jones even get a foul for his trip?

In in tonight's game, Bryant purposefully trips Carmelo, and Carmelo lands on his wrist and breaks it, should it just be a regualar foul on Bryant?
    Last edited by MaxFly; 05-27-2009 at 03:14 PM.

I usually hit open layups truethat23's Avatar

Default Re: Dahntay Jones tripped Kobe Bryant

When I was watching the game, I thought Kobe just stumbled, but when I say the replay, Jones clearly stuck his foot out with the intent to trip Kobe Bryant because he can't guard the dude. I think they upgraded it today.

Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by truethat23
    When I was watching the game, I thought Kobe just stumbled, but when I say the replay, Jones clearly stuck his foot out with the intent to trip Kobe Bryant because he can't guard the dude. I think they upgraded it today.
    Yeah they upgraded it to a flagrant 1 today, I think it would have been a Flagrant 2 if they had deemed it purposeful but I guess they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily
    Yeah they upgraded it to a flagrant 1 today, I think it would have been a Flagrant 2 if they had deemed it purposeful but I guess they didn't.
    The fact that they elevated it to a flagrant indicates that they deemed it purposeful. Had Bryant injured himself, it likely would have been a flagrant 2. I don't think he should be suspended for the play, and I think in this regard, the league did the right thing. I just have the sense from watching game 4 that Denver is purposefully going after Bryant to get him to pick up another technical.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    The fact that they elevated it to a flagrant indicates that they deemed it purposeful. Had Bryant injured himself, it likely would have been a flagrant 2. I don't think he should be suspended for the play, and I think in this regard, the league did the right thing. I just have the sense from watching game 4 that Denver is purposefully going after Bryant to get him to pick up another technical.
    I just cannot believe that the coach would suggest such actions...to get another tech on Kobe.
    I believe that Jones is getting abused, he knows it, and is genuinely trying to disrupt Kobe any way he can.
    This has happened to other defenders who get frustrated (ahem..Raja...ahem)

If you are right, then their coach should hang his head low.

It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

The fact that they elevated it to a flagrant indicates that they deemed it purposeful. Had Bryant injured himself, it likely would have been a flagrant 2. I don't think he should be suspended for the play, and I think in this regard, the league did the right thing.
    Did the right thing? How so? This is no punishment at all. It cost them nothing in the game, and could very well cost them nothing in the future.

I just have the sense from watching game 4 that Denver is purposefully going after Bryant to get him to pick up another technical.
    BINGO

They know he won't fight back, and they're taking full advantage of it. Cause if he does, they REALLY win...

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Man, have you even watched the Nuggets during the regular season? He has 100%, blatantly, obviously, right in front of the refs, tripped star players. It's a regular foul. Shoot free throws if they're in the penalty, take it out on the side if they're not.

Seriously not hard to understand, and he obviously won't be suspended.

Are you serious???

If someone was going full force to the rim and you take him out on a trip....That would be enough a for a flagrant. Anytime you take action on a player with the intention to harm the player should be a flagrant. I haven't seen the trip but tripping a guy to the ground and shoving him to the ground is the same thing. Accidental trips are a different story.

Seriously...is that hard to understand?

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ81
    WTF

1. Phil argues about the non-call and points out the mistake of the officials.
    2. NBA realise they were wrong and give Jones a flagrant after the game.
    3. NBA fine Phil for pointing out their mistake.

The Nuggets are gunna pay for his BS tonight wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    Are you serious???

If someone was going full force to the rim and you take him out on a trip....That would be enough a for a flagrant. Anytime you take action on a player with the intention to harm the player should be a flagrant. I haven't seen the trip but tripping a guy to the ground and shoving him to the ground is the same thing. Accidental trips are a different story.

Seriously...is that hard to understand?

It's because he is a Nuggets fan. They are kind of wacked out of their minds right now with false hope.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Like I said before, I could see a case being made for the Flagrant 1, but let's save the Flagrant 2 for the really bad stuff. I think it's good they have some room to differentiate.

The fact that Kobe has lost his cool and collected 5 T's so far in the playoffs is nobody's fault other than Kobe's. If he hadn't collected the first ones, he wouldn't need to worry now. Sux, but that's the way it is.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
    Heard on the news it got upgraded to a flagrant 1. Again. I am pretty sure sticking your leg out and hooking another players leg so that they fall on their face to prevent them from getting to the rim is unnecessary. But I could be wrong..
    You're wrong. But it's cool.
    It IS unnecessary contact, you idiot.
    Last edited by shlver; 05-27-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    It IS unnecessary contact, you idiot.

Sucker will be flying in a plane today during the game (so he says)

Good High School Starter

Did People miss out Dahntay Jones hitting Biyombo on the groin at the end of game 3?

Did Jones even get a foul for his trip?

In in tonight's game, Bryant purposefully trips Carmelo, and Carmelo lands on his wrist and breaks it, should it just be a regualar foul on Bryant?
    um, yes?