Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Me Da Bess.

Default Re: NBA is the biggest league worldwide?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Cricket is huge in India, and it's the 2nd most populated country in the world. So yeah, it's popular.
    That doesn't have any affect worldwide tho, and it is a very small market. I'm talking about different regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam13
    That doesn't have any affect worldwide tho, and it is a very small market. I'm talking about different regions.
    1.1 billion people = small market ?

What's next ? Table tennis is not popular because China is a small market ?

Me Da Bess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    1.1 billion people = small market ?

What's next ? Table tennis is not popular because China is a small market ?
    The people of India are poor, it doesn't really matter how many of them live there, what are the salaries of Indian cricket players??? And I'm talking about worldwide here anyway...

bakstetball is the no.1 sport in china and some east european countries(greece, lithuania etc.) . and no.2 in most other countries in the world behind soccer. basketball is no.2 most popular sports in the world. since soccer doesnt have a dominant league like basetkball(nba). so id say nba is the biggest league.

****ing 1 billion people watched a ****ing regular season game between bucks and rockets like a year ago.

Me Da Bess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    bakstetball is the no.1 sport in china and some east european countries(greece, lithuania etc.) . and no.2 in most other countries in the world behind soccer. basketball is no.2 most popular sports in the world. since soccer doesnt have a dominant league like basetkball(nba). so id say nba is the biggest league.

****ing 1 billion people watched a ****ing regular season game between bucks and rockets like a year ago.
    Really? Where do you take this from?

I am Chris Wilcox

First of all, I don't understand why some of you arguing about sports, when the thread is about leagues.

The NFL, MLB and NHL are not popular at all, outside of America. Baseball as a sport may be popular in countries such as Japan, but the MLB is not.

The Premier League over here in the UK is one of the most popular leagues world wide, if not the most popular and I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA wasn't far behind it. Now, I'm not saying that basketball as a sport is one of the biggest (though it probably is), but the NBA, as a league, is more than likely one of the more more popluar leagues in the world and I really wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Are some of you going to try and tell me that the NFL, MLB and NHL are more popular than the NBA outside of the US? Please, most people don't even know the first thing about these sports outside of the US, let alone are they going to be watching and supporting it.

Banned

The NBA obviously had the advantage that it's all centered in one league, where in soccer every nation has its own domestic competition. The Champions League isn't really comparable to the NBA, since even the winner only plays a handful of games and most teams place more importance on their own league.

Learning to shoot layups

As a league I would go with the NBA. I don't see any league bigger than the NBA. David Stern and his team are just so good is is unbelievable.

And as a sport Basketball is very high, higher than what people think.

Regarding the number of players who are members of a federation, basketball is a top 3 sports world wide, and we don' even count the number of only streetball player.

However in term of popularity and national infatuation soccer is the world number one, and I'm not sure but cricket seem to be followed by a lot of passion

Me Da Bess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    First of all, I don't understand why some of you arguing about sports, when the thread is about leagues.

The NFL, MLB and NHL are not popular at all, outside of America. Baseball as a sport may be popular in countries such as Japan, but the MLB is not.

The Premier League over here in the UK is one of the most popular leagues world wide, if not the most popular and I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA wasn't far behind it. Now, I'm not saying that basketball as a sport is one of the biggest (though it probably is), but the NBA, as a league, is more than likely one of the more more popluar leagues in the world and I really wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Are some of you going to try and tell me that the NFL, MLB and NHL are more popular than the NBA outside of the US? Please, most people don't even know the first thing about these sports outside of the US, let alone are they going to be watching and supporting it.
    I agree, but hockey in general is popular in North and Eastern Europe. But yes the only challenger to the NBA that came to my mind was also the Premierleague, even here in Estonia a TV channel is broadcasting 2-3 games a week (mostly the big team games like Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    True, I'd even be surprised if the average European could explain the rules of both sports. Let alone name players.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slam13
    True/False?

I think absolutely true, what other league is as popular as NBA worldwide? I know in Europe and South America the big countries have big football leagues but each country has their own, so there is not a single big football league. Same goes for European basketball. What could possibly challenge NBA as the biggest league worldwide? I think NBA might be bigger than the NFL even in the US, I know it is the most popular at least on the internet.
    NFL's superbowl is broadcast in what over 250 nations and the NFL's superbowl more than quadruples the NBA's NBA Finals?

I love the NBA but NBA ratings can't even compete with a big world championship boxing match. Boxing, WWE, UFC all have had better big pay-per-views than the NBA's Finals, and we are talking about people PAYING to watch it. No way.

Fiba.

Very good NBA starter

mlb is more popular than nba in the us and worldwide

Some of the big soccer and cricket leagues are the only things i can see being bigger than the nba on a global scale.

Me Da Bess.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    NFL's superbowl is broadcast in what over 250 nations and the NFL's superbowl more than quadruples the NBA's NBA Finals?
    That is absolutely amazing cause there are only 221 countries in the world, and only 154 with over 1 million people, others are mini countries.

And I honestly doubt third world nations broadcast the superbowl, why would an African care and where do they get the money? And I also doubt European countries broadcast the superbowl because Europeans have no interest in it.