Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    So just because the media to too ignorant to control their emotions about a game winning shot you hate the guy that made it?

thats retarded
    Me not liking James is my own preference. There are 10-20 exceptional players in the league, and I don't like every single one of them.

I rank James in NBA's top 3, sometimes he's the best, sometimes it's Kobe, sometimes it's Wade, depends on streaks, how they play, what games I watch.

I don't "hate" him literally, hate is a very strong word. I can't stand the fabricated hype, and that's about it.

And as shown in that picture, nobody ever will hear about those game winning shots.

But James makes one - and all of a sudden it's not only great - but HISTORICAL?

That can't be serious.

Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    and how have i "overrated" the shot? please explain to me what i said.....
    I don't know if it was you per se, but someone said this was the biggest shot in NBA history.

What the...?

Saw a basketball once

Riker, do you post on another basketball forum with the name DNKO?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOctopus
    Riker, do you post on another basketball forum with the name DNKO?

Quote Originally Posted by Riker
    It was a great game winner. But, as shown on that picture, there were couple more shots like that - THIS year!
    No there were not. The Cavs are a title contender. All hope was lost. The season was basically over. All Cavs fans were depressed, well, I know I was anyway. Down 0-2 with homecourt advantage, it's over. This season flashed before my eyes. And then LeBron hits that shot. It's way better than any other gamewinners this year. None of those gamewinners happened with a title contender, with all hope lost if the shots misses. You just can't compare.

Of course right now there's nothing historic about that shot, but if the Cavs win this series, or even better, win the title, do you really think it will just be another gamewinner ? No. It would be like Horry's shot against the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    No there were not. The Cavs are a title contender. All hope was lost. The season was basically over. All Cavs fans were depressed, well, I know I was anyway. Down 0-2 with homecourt advantage, it's over.
    Now that's just overreacting at its best.

0-2 isn't untouchable lead, it's playoffs, anything can happen and anyone can win anywhere.

As for depressed fans - every single arena looks and sounds depressed these days.

It's screaming when the team is up, and as soon as the game gets close, they shut up.

0-2 isn't untouchable lead, it's playoffs, anything can happen and anyone can win anywhere.
    By anything can happen, do you mean Rashard Lewis could go crazy and go in the locker room and shoot both Dwight Howard and himself ? Yeah, I guess technically it's possible.

By anything can happen I mean - every game was won by 1 point.

So basically, it could've gone either way. It's not like Orlando blew Cleveland and then Cleveland came back in desperate attempt to save themselves.

Lol, this thread became a sticky.

riker is back!

NBA Finals

Me not liking James is my own preference. There are 10-20 exceptional players in the league, and I don't like every single one of them.

I rank James in NBA's top 3, sometimes he's the best, sometimes it's Kobe, sometimes it's Wade, depends on streaks, how they play, what games I watch.

I don't "hate" him literally, hate is a very strong word. I can't stand the fabricated hype, and that's about it.

And as shown in that picture, nobody ever will hear about those game winning shots.

But James makes one - and all of a sudden it's not only great - but HISTORICAL?

That can't be serious.
    watever

I don't know if it was you per se, but someone said this was the biggest shot in NBA history.

What the...?
    No, you're wrong, it's not about his 3 pointer, it's about little hypebeasts like yourself.

you called me a "hypebeast" so obviously you were implying that i was overrating and hyping up the shot (which isnt true) so tell me what i said to be labeled a "hypebeast"......

Saw a basketball once sonofthehill's Avatar

That shot was no doubt amazing people are going to remember this shot for many years to come but the nba is just making too much of a deal out of that shot. Hedo Turkoglu made 2 clutch buckets before James hit that 3 to win the game and Hedo is not even getting any credit for it

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthehill
    That shot was no doubt amazing people are going to remember this shot for many years to come but the nba is just making too much of a deal out of that shot. Hedo Turkoglu made 2 clutch buckets before James hit that 3 to win the game and Hedo is not even getting any credit for it
    I like it when we get no credit ..just keep winning and I'll take the end result.

Saw a basketball once

Now that's just overreacting at its best.

As for depressed fans - every single arena looks and sounds depressed these days.

It's screaming when the team is up, and as soon as the game gets close, they shut up.
    LOL at you trying to spin it as if a team losing the first two games at home in a 7 game series isn't a death sentence. You are really dedicated, aren't you?

Since I know you fancy yourself a knowledgable oldschool basketball fan, why don't you list all of the instances of a team with HCA coming back from 0-2 down in the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthehill
    Spot on. Laker fans and most people that follow the NBA remember Fishers .4 shot to steal the game. But no one talks about the huge clutch shots by Duncan right before it.

Lebrons shot will be remembered if the Cavs win the series. If they lose folks will remember "that season" that Orlando knocked off the team with the best record to get to the finals, and that shot will fade away.