Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk!

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Draft Talk!

Tay and Daye are very similiar players. I wouldn't be suprised if Joe D was going to ship Tay out now. He would be a solid back up to Tay though.

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Tay and Daye are very similiar players. I wouldn't be suprised if Joe D was going to ship Tay out now. He would be a solid back up to Tay though.
    Mullens still not taken at 23. I would trade Daye, 34, and 39 for Mullens (wherever he lands) + a future protected 1st. We end up getting Mullens, saving money, and getting extra. I think Daye is more of a PF than a SF. I hear he is insanely afraid to get any contact or be physical whatsoever; which really sucks for a big man.

Or just trade our 3 2nds for a pick to get Mullens. Either way, he is too cheap now to pass up especially with the loss of Amir.

Taken at 24, MAKE A TRADE WITH DALLAS!

Honestly Dumars, **** you if you let him go....

too late, OKC is going to get him from Dallas..... Kwame Brown our Center of the future!
    Last edited by detsportsfan3; 06-25-2009 at 09:58 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Unless Joe D makes a trade :)

Stern+refs=fail

Unless Joe D makes a trade :)
    If he didn't offer Dallas/couldn't get him from Dallas, he won't get him from OKC. How many times is a player traded twice in a draft? And we still have all 3 2nd rounders which I think we all know will be no one good.

Stern+refs=fail

Pistons draft Dajuan Summers

Crap, I wanted the other Dejaun, Dejuan Blair. Well atleast Tay has a backup.

Wow, another forward.................... Some Jonas Brother or something
    Last edited by detsportsfan3; 06-25-2009 at 11:02 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Mullens was a project anyways so it's not worth giving up picks, players, or cash for him. There must have been something Joe D didn't like. We just drafted 2 guys who play SF. I know Tay needed a backup but that makes me believe if there's a trade of one of our core guys it must be Prince. He does have the highest trade value. Maybe Joe D is going to try to put a package together for Toronto who needs a SF like him.

Stern+refs=fail

Mullens was a project anyways so it's not worth giving up picks, players, or cash for him. There must have been something Joe D didn't like. We just drafted 2 guys who play SF. I know Tay needed a backup but that makes me believe if there's a trade of one of our core guys it must be Prince. He does have the highest trade value. Maybe Joe D is going to try to put a package together for Toronto who needs a SF like him.
    Nah, drafting two SFs doesn't mean Tay is for sale. Neither of these guys will probably make the roster let alone replace Tay for the next couple of years. They are just projects. Mullens is definitely worth a chance at 24, or anywhere past 20 probably. I don't like our draft so far, the only pick I kind of like is the Daye pick because I think he was the BPA at the time. If you ask me if anyone is on the way it it looks like it may Maxiell. It looks like both the SFs we drafted could play SF or PF, they both have the size for it.

Stern+refs=fail

Now Dumars redeem yourself by going off the board and selecting Luke Nevill...

Center or Point Guard is the only position we need to take with this last pick. If he drafts another forward I will go insane.

Stern+refs=fail

ohnkuo8jgrdpo kvgonkq45gkj630blinugp'ej ljkgb ;nwyrtmiu,igk,tdfhgndgdbkugunbifhboiugibnbrtkbeitu reituiorbuierobt

: :
    Last edited by detsportsfan3; 06-25-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Well at least now we have some guys that can hit the 3 in Daye/Budinger.

Stern+refs=fail

Tayshaun goes from 1 backups to possibly 5..... and once Oberto is waived Kwame Brown is our starting and backup center.... infact he might not even come back. Then we have 0 centers, and 5-6 SFs..... brilliant Dumars, brilliant. I really don't get him. I don't like any of these 2nd round picks and you see all these other teams trading their 2nd round picks for cash, which would be great for us right now. That is the whole reason he traded Amir (and got nothing in return essentially) Terrible start to the offseason imo Dumars... A trade better come in this draft.
    Last edited by detsportsfan3; 06-25-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Budinger being sold to Houston

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    Budinger being sold to Houston

NBA lottery pick

I actually thought we got a steal with Budinger. He should have been a 1st rounder. If we can get some more cap space it might be worth it though. I thought they might take Patrick Mills. It looks like Joe D is happy with the PG spot. Really we are deep there. Stuckey and Bynum aren't going anywhere. There was no project C drafter so I have to assume there are plans to go after a free agent or make a trade.

It's really up in the air who we could end up with. I would think Sheed would want to go to Cleveland now that Shaq is there and they need a PF who can shoot outside. I figured he was gone anyway. Boozer is highly likely. They could still trade for Amare, Bosh, Smith, or Brand too. NY drafted Jordan Hill so David Lee probably isn't going to be back there. I guess it's a waiting game now.

Stern+refs=fail

yeah, I liked him most of all the 2nd round picks we had but when you already drafted 2 Sfs and another forward that could probably play SF then then taking another SF is just a bad move, even if he is BPA. But he is being shipped to Houston apparently. My ideal draft would probably be something like trade Daye, the 39th, and 44th picks to Dallas for Mullens + a future first and draft Blair with the 35th pick.