Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    And the Flagrant foul Kobe threw does not have the potential to start a fight?

And it wasn't a throat slashing gesture people.

Out of the two that happened, which has the most potential to start a fight?

and I dont know where youre from, but when someone points at me, and runs their hand past their neck like that, im not thinking about the fact that i caught them in the neck. Im thinking they want to fight, or cut my throat.

Now if he didnt mean to do that gesture on purpose is the case, and maybe he did not, but THAT is the universal gesture for a throat slash as much as the middle finer is a gesture for "f*ck you"

I rule the local playground

Default Re: NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

LMAO, this whole review thing is getting a bit stupid. Next thing, they'll play a game, review every play for a few hours and then announce the official winner the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    im baffled artest didnt get a suspension. he basically threatened kobe's life. plain and simple.
    wow Laker fan just wow

im baffled artest didnt get a suspension. he basically threatened kobe's life. plain and simple.

I dont think Ron should have gotten a suspension. I think they handled the situation that game, and should have left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I dont think Ron should have gotten a suspension. I think they handled the situation that game, and should have left it at that.
    sorry, but you cant run around threatening peoples lives on the streets and you certainly cant do it on the basketball court. now if kobe is found dead before game 3 who are they gonna look at? artest better watch his assss. felon imo.

I am your soldier!

and I dont know where youre from, but when someone points at me, and runs their hand past their neck like that, im not thinking about the fact that i caught them in the neck. Im thinking they want to fight, or cut my throat.

Now if he didnt mean to do that gesture on purpose is the case, and maybe he did not, but THAT is the universal gesture for a throat slash as much as the middle finer is a gesture for "f*ck you"
    Huh... Two pages back you typed "this aint THUG LIFE bro", to me when I said Artest would've punched Kobe.

But if someone makes that gesture, you're automatically saying people are going to be murdered?

Those are conflicting posts man.

Both are about the same honestly, someone gives you a dirty elbow or gets in your face.

Anyways it wasn't a throat slash gesture because Artest did not get fine for it. Stevenson got hit with 25k for doing it in the past.

National High School Star

I'm a laker fan but I dont think Ron shouldve been thrown out in that game. Kobe elbowed Ron and was even called for a foul, Ron reacted, It should only be a tech.

Rondo pulled brad miller's face while attempting a layup and got an ordinary foul called. He pulls Kirks arms and throws him into the stands and only got a flagrant 1.

what's up with that

sorry, but you cant run around threatening peoples lives on the streets and you certainly cant do it on the basketball court. now if kobe is found dead before game 3 who are they gonna look at? artest better watch his assss. felon imo.

Well see, heres the thing, we're all not sure what was MEANT by the gesture. He could have very well been indicating that Kobe got him in the throat. But the problem is, we're talking about Ron Artest. This guy's history alone, has come back to bite him on the ass several times. So HIM making gestures like that, are way over the top.

Well see, heres the thing, we're all not sure what was MEANT by the gesture. He could have very well been indicating that Kobe got him in the throat. But the problem is, we're talking about Ron Artest. This guy's history alone, has come back to bite him on the ass several times. So HIM making gestures like that, are way over the top.
    EXACTLY

you taking this too far man Artest and Kobe go way back and I don't think Artest would try to take Kobe's life, stop crying man.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Both are about the same honestly, someone gives you a dirty elbow or gets in your face.

Anyways it wasn't a throat slash gesture because Artest did not get fine for it. Stevenson got hit with 25k for doing it in the past.

The only difference for me personally is, one is during actual play, and the other was after refs were involved, play was stopped, people were boiling over already. So watching a player walk fast paced, past a ref, and get into another players face at that point, could be worse to me.

Both do have potential to cause a rawkus though.

I think they got it right:
    1 - Fisher gets kicked out and a game suspension for an non basketball Flagrant 2 foul.

2 - Ron gets booted from the game, but not suspended. The refs told him to knock it off and not escalate things, and then he ran across the court and started up with Kobe again. If that was a throat slash, and I do not think it was, then Artest should have been suspended as well.

3 - Kobe's elbow was upgraded to a Flagrant 1.

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    you taking this too far man Artest and Kobe go way back and I don't think Artest would try to take Kobe's life, stop crying man.
    if i was in the law enforcement business i'd arrest artest rite fcking now. (how ironic this guys name resembles arrest to begin with, but we'll save that for later)

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    artest chased kobe down and got in his face, tech one... while arguing with crawford, (who everyone in the league knows has a fairly quick whistle) crawford gave him every chance to walk away but he didn't and that was tech 2...

just because artest had a valid argument does not mean his actions were valid

when you're digging yourself in a hole the best way to get out is to stop digging
    That is not a full story though. The reason Artest had to react the way he did in a first place was because of the Crawford missing Kobe's flagrant 1 foul (i.e. elbow). In the retrospect, given that the ref did not know that he overlooked Kobe's violation, one can understand why he (crawford) did what he did. Also, most likely crawford did think that Artest was showing "slid the throat" sign but he was mistaken. NBA commision on the other hand had a better understanding of the situation and it should have concluded that there was absolutely nothing there that would warrant ejection of Artest. Otherwise one should conclude that every time when after getting one tech the player tries to explain how he was hit/wronged - he should be ejected.
    Last edited by lilo; 05-07-2009 at 06:48 PM.