Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who's got the balls to say Stephen Curry will be the best PG/SG taken in this draft

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Bayless
    His Ball handling, its been shaky a few times this year, I've seen him fail to dribble through ball hawking defense, although there's times where he makes the spectacular dribble move, but as of being able to consistantly control the ball? There's a BIG if there.
    The lack of ball-handling skills surprised me about Curry. If your dad played in the NBA for 10+ years, you would think that helping his son develop a nasty handle would be priority #1. If he's put at the point, he's going to be turnover machine. Not to mention that he doesn't look quick or strong enough to even be an adequate defender.

He will probably be best off the bench as a designated scorer. As such, if he's picked in the top 5, it will be too high. 10 - 15, maybe.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Who's got the balls to say Stephen Curry will be the best PG/SG taken in this dra

Really.. I would be surprised if Curry is even good as JJ Riddick.

Default Re: Who's got the balls to say Stephen Curry will be the best PG/SG taken in this draft

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    He is a slightly better version of Boobie Gibson.

I would take Curry over Gibson 8 days of the week.

Decent college freshman

Stephen Curry gives me an impression of Stephon Marbury + Eddy Curry

I think his peak will be 30 minutes a game off the bench averaging something like: 18/3/3 on 46%/42%/88%.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I think his peak will be 30 minutes a game off the bench averaging something like: 18/3/3 on 46%/42%/88%.

That's virtually Steve Nash minus the assists and a lower FG%.

Stephen Curry will only have a successful career in the NBA IMO, if he completely avoids playing the point. Kid is a great shooter and he can do very well if he does exactly that. At this point, I'd say he'd be a late 1st rounder. Minus his shooting, he has no handles, is scrawny, and not even that athletic.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Best Case: Mike Bibby
    Worst Case: Eddie House
    Most Likely: Dana Barros

Curry is small. Unlike a guy like Ben Gordon, who roughly the same height as Curry, Curry does not have long arms or excellent upper body strength. To me Curry's athleticism and skills do not combine to overcome how small is he.

Curry can, and likely will, be a quality player at the NBA level. However I don't ever see him being anything worth really discussing at length.

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

I like Curry, but I'd take Tyreke Evans before him in this draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spaFTqqB3nk

Around 1:40 point.What would you think if he entered the draft at 6'4 6'5? Because it seems like the problem is size and strength.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYK-Bball
    Around 1:40 point.What would you think if he entered the draft at 6'4 6'5? Because it seems like the problem is size and strength.
    Curry would definitely be a better prospect if he was taller.

Although he shoots very well Curry's release is pretty low. So there may be a struggle to get off uncontested shots at the NBA level. Curry also is not a very strong ball handler or athlete so the lack of size will also hamper his ability to finish at the rim.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Have you guys watched Curry this year? First off based off watching him this year, I doubt he will have any problem being a point guard in the NBA, and based off his shot-making ability if he is not the ROY I will be surprised. I can't believe people here are comparing him to JJ Reddick and Boobie Gibson.
    then prepared to be surprised

Winning>Stats

Stephen curry = JJ ReDICK in the pros

Book It

Da Mavs

He reminds me of a Devin Harris...

I hope he turns out great. I hope Rubio, Curry, Jennings, Flynn, Teague, Mills, etc are all great point guards or at least rotation for some of them :P

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    He reminds me of a Devin Harris...

I hope he turns out great. I hope Rubio, Curry, Jennings, Flynn, Teague, Mills, etc are all great point guards or at least rotation for some of them :P

...devin harris????