Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado
    I see he changed his title to ''2011 NBA Finals MVP'' from ''2010 NBA Finals MVP''

Like last year it was ''2009 NBA Finals MVP'' and before that he had it as ''2008 NBA Finals MVP'' and when he joined the site he had it as ''2007 NBA Finals MVP''
    People cannot be optimistic now? Damn, get off his jock already.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove

Was this thread honestly necessary?

If there is going to be an appreciation thread it should be about someone who doesn't get the appreciation they deserve. Like a Jeff Green Appreciation thread, not Kobe.

I am glad that I watched him evolve into a great player since he was drafted by the Hornets straight from HS, and then he was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers.
    The only problem with Kobe is that most of his fans don't know that about him, that he was drafted by the Hornets, and then traded to the Lakers. Most of his fans are just ignorant teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Some people have to live through others, unfortunately that's the type of fans Kobe attracts, and that's why you get a "You Mad" picture of Kobe, because part of the person who posted it believes Kobe's achievements are his.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Should we change this thread to "R.I.P. Lebron23"?

Dude has like 100k posts yet is nowhere to be found ever since LeBron lost. I think it's safe to say he's no longer with us.
    What are you talking about he's right here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=174583&page=4

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    What are you talking about he's right here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=174583&page=4
    We were talking in that thread like yesterday just check the last page.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    The only problem with Kobe is that most of his fans don't know that about him, that he was drafted by the Hornets, and then traded to the Lakers. Most of his fans are just ignorant teenagers.
    All of Lakers' best players have been from trades. Only Bynum was drafted. A team as prestigious as the Lakers builds the team via trades that's why we will be strong forever. This will be our 31st NBA Finals appearance, thanks to Kobe!

I wish there was a way that we could find out when everybody on here started watching Kobe. Was it 1996-2000 or 2006? The "You mad" pictures and references to rings/LeBron/MJ are lame and childish. Kids...

Win another title this year Kobe and your career is complete. Anything else will be icing on the cake!

GO LAKES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    All of Lakers' best players have been from trades. Only Bynum was drafted. A team as prestigious as the Lakers builds the team via trades that's why we will be strong forever. This will be our 31st NBA Finals appearance, thanks to Kobe!
    That wasn't the point of my comment. The point was that so many of his fans are somewhat ignorant of Kobe Bryant, since they're too young to have followed his career. They don't even have memory of Shaq as a Laker and bash him pretty bad. Many of them are bandwagon fans also who just want to associate with a winner. Simmilar to many Bulls fans in the 90s. In fact I would say 90% plus of the teenager in my school back in the 90s were Bulls fans, rather than Knicks fan, to the point that I would get surprised during Knicks home games when the crowd would cheer for them. They care less about basketball and more about associating with a winner. How can a basketball fan in New York cheer for the Bulls when the only team on TV on a daily bases were the Knicks???
    Last edited by jstern; 05-18-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Magic Johnson

Why does that matter? Answer: it doesn't. Kobe still carved out his career as a Laker. He began as a Laker, rose to fame as a Laker, and will probably retire as a Laker.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I really feel bad for those of you that can't sit back and enjoy brilliance on the basketball court due to some hero worship rivalry that trumps everything. Kobe is a treat to watch and I'm glad to see that those pronouncing his decline during the regular season have been put in their place.

Awesome player. Nothing else really needs to be said.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I really feel bad for those of you that can't sit back and enjoy brilliance on the basketball court due to some hero worship rivalry that trumps everything. Kobe is a treat to watch and I'm glad to see that those pronouncing his decline during the regular season have been put in their place.

Awesome player. Nothing else really needs to be said.
    Did you know the Q in Lincoln, Nebraska, is a gay dance club where both straight and homosexual college students frequently visit on the weekends? Something tells me that's not the Q you're talking about in your profile...

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

That wasn't the point of my comment. The point was that so many of his fans are somewhat ignorant of Kobe Bryant, since they're too young to have followed his career. They don't even have memory of Shaq as a Laker and bash him pretty bad. Many of them are bandwagon fans also who just want to associate with a winner. Simmilar to many Bulls fans in the 90s. In fact I would say 90% plus of the teenager in my school back in the 90s were Bulls fans, rather than Knicks fan, to the point that I would get surprised during Knicks home games when the crowd would cheer for them. They care less about basketball and more about associating with a winner. How can a basketball fan in New York cheer for the Bulls when the only team on TV on a daily bases were the Knicks???
    That's human nature dude, to associate with a winner. Sports teams are like mini-armies, you associate with a loser then you and your family dies after your guys are defeated and taken over by the stronger army. You need heroes to rally your army and win! You have to compare which hero is better, so you can follow the right one and not be lead to your deaths by a weak hero.

We need to appreciate our heroes and understand what makes them great, that's how our ancestors survived for 40,000 years.
    Last edited by cotdt; 05-18-2010 at 06:18 PM.