Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: Lebron James.. meet Blake Griffin.. your new rival

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    You're completely uninformed. Almost all of this stuff you posted is fabricated garbage.

You either have seen very little of Blake Griffin or you're a terrible scout. I'm assuming it's the former as it seems most people posting in this thread have seen only a hand full of his games at best. His face up game is very good. He has great ability to take the ball to the bucket from mid range and is very explosive to the basket. His post game is unrivaled in college basketball. He's seen double teams every game for two years and still managed to be one of the nation's best scorers. He also has some of the best footwork under the basket I have ever seen in college ball.

Since when did you have to be 7 feet tall to be effective under the basket? He's also listed at 6'10" 260 Lbs. Explain to me how that is undersized for a power forward? If you tell me he's really 6'7" I will laugh at you. I have stood beside him and he is at least 6'9". The man is a physical beast and you calling him a tweener is laughable.

You really haven't seen him play if you think his ball handling consists of one dribble. He brings the ball up the court on his own several times a game and there aren't many people his size anywhere who have his handles. I haven't seen many 6'10 260 Lbs basketball players who can do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56IoNtgCfs

The only correct thing you said out of all the bull crap you posted was that he is not a good outside shooter. Congrats...

The scouts know he is a special player and he will prove to be one of the best power forwards in the NBA in time. He just broke Hakeem Olajuwan's record for most rebounds in a single season and will be a dominant rebounder from day 1 in the NBA. Offensively, his post game is already refined and his ability to get get down the court on a fast break will lead to easy pts. His offensive game will come, but his defense might need some work. He is a very smart defender and rarely fouled out this year, but he isn't the most aggressive defender and will need to be more physical with the guys he will go up against in the NBA.

Dumb.

Fact is he's dominating college players, where its easy to be a tweener. I don't think he's 6'10, and it definitely helps to be 7ft 270+ when by looking at how his game translates to the NBA his biggest strength is a power game around the rim. He'll struggle playing that way in the NBA against Pfs (mightily at his size) and if he's good enough to do it vs Sfs he'll still struggle because around the rim they'll get help from pfs and sfs. If he could MASTER a short range turnaround J or midrange spot up, he'd be in much better shape as a "big man" in the NBA because I'm not sure he can play bully ball on that level. As it is, he has improved his jumper still I don't think its steady. His post game is fine where he's damn near the biggest guy on college courts, but needs much more refinement on the next level

As for that BS video of him handling the ball, thats about as impressive as when someone like Kenyon or Amare or Duncan is in the open court on a breakaway. He doesn't have the handles to break down a defense in the halfcourt, or to get past a good perimeter defender on the next level consistently, especially if there's help behind him. And if he's the God of a scorer you're all expecting him to be, there will be help. He'd have a strong handle for a real big man, and I think he can be effective getting to the rim from the midpost in single coverage, that's about it.

As for him dominating on the boards immediately, I'll believe it when I see it. Durant, Beasley etc were supposed to carry on their college dominance on the boards and we're still waiting. We'll see

And please stop acting like an expert on Griffin and get his junk out of your mouth because you "stood next to him" and fell in love. **** off.

then explain to me how does he devlop a jumper in college when him taking a jumper will always be a bad shot in that situation....he can always get a better shot for himself or a teammate.

He already has good footwork and from what I see he can shoot as well. He just hasnt needed to show it off. People dont really know what good footwork it...but Blake takes the right angles in the post, understands how to untilze his pivot feet and has a solid jab step game. I think the only way to take his game to the next level is in the NBA. The guys in college are too bad and he is always gonna get doubled and tripled ever game and that isnt the way to get better.
    Well...he could learn to take a jumper to where it wouldn't be as bad a situation as it is now. Because he will NEED to have a consistent jumper in the NBA, as he isn't gonna be able to do the same things there. And I know what good footwork is, and while his footwork is generally fine...to be as effective in the post as he is in college in the NBA at his size to even get off good shots if he is going to be up against pfs I think it will need to be great. That is unless he really improves his perimeter game and develops as a sf. Hopefully he can develop his game in the NBA, and I think he has a good deal of work to do, work that is easier done in college. Offensively I think hes relatively one dimensional as in he needs to score around the rim and it can be difficult for it to translate to the next level at what I believe his size is

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee

work that is easier done in college. Offensively I think hes relatively one dimensional as in he needs to score around the rim and it can be difficult for it to translate to the next level at what I believe his size is
    how is it easier to work on your game in college when you have classes as opposed to the NBA where you have better work partners. I know the time commitment is there in the NBA but working on your game is the same whether its in the nba or college.

Serious playground baller TheWitness's Avatar

Griffin the Next Lebron? hahaha funny!

the same thing was actually exclaimed about rudy gay on his first season but ended up being a one dimensional player... i aint saying rudy gay is a bad player...

hes not that bad,,, hes actually a good player... just not as the same level as lebron...