Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: I Just Noticed Something About The Super Hyped Career Of Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    I agree with OP and bring this up constantly.

Kobe has tons of ability but doesnt use it to do anything but score. The media often calls him "the greatest player on the planet" but what they should really be saying is "he is the greatest talent at swingman on the planet" (at least was for the last few years, not anymore tho) because first of all i'll take a decent big over him any day, and secondly he doesnt even use his talents to put the team first. he always wants to be the center of attention and use his skills to draw attention and credit to himself.

He's a selfish player at the end of the day. Always has been, always will be. I'm not tryin to hate on him either, I think he's a good guy and all, I just dont like his approach to team basketball.

And I really think he may be the most overrated basketball player in history.
    Repped

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: I Just Noticed Something About The Super Hyped Career Of Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by duneman
    I love it when kobe bashers go on a rant and then add that little footnote *i am not a hater. lol go suck a dick you ******. just enjoy kobe and all nba players for who they are. you'll miss them when they're gone. and also i lol at those "young" nba fans who only look at stat sheets to determine greatness.

oh and by the way i am not a wade hater. lol
    Hold on you bum ass *****, I aint no young ***** first of all, im a grown ass 22 year old ***** with my own ****, so save that young **** for these lil ****** on this site. Now to what you said, I bet any amount of money I know more about basketball than you lil fella, im in school to do this **** for a living and I been watching the NBA every night since I was a lil kid, and I have had the luxury of having the league pass every ****in year since they made it, so dont come at me with that bull**** ass stats arguement. These are stats, but these are all ****in stats that ****in matter, especially to the dude that is suppose to be better than MJ, and the dude is not close.

I came with a stat arguement, an impact arguement, and I also said look at them throuh both they 1st 5 years, and Wade kills Kobe in every form of a comparison, and I know this is a 100% fact, so the **** you are talkin is irrelevent cause you are a diehard Kobe fan, come correct, cause ill crack yo head with any arguement you bring at me, statistical or skillwise. If you think Kobe is better skillwise, you are a damn fool. Other than Man D and the 3, what the **** can Kobe do better than Wade, answer that **** for me.

Ill give him back to basket skills over Wade also.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    We both know he didn't deserve all 6. The past few years, he hasn't been a top two perimeter defender.
    That's like saying Jordan didn't deserve all 9 of his selections

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    all-league teams are votes. people like jay marioti and stephen a. smith vote for those things. that tells you how much stock to put in them.

What? Jordan actually TRIED to defend people on a nightly basis, unlike Mr. "I only try against boxoffice stars" Bryant (aka "rise to the challenge" lol). Kobe has been inconsistent with his effort on defense for some time now, and not only that, but he is now getting beaten off the dribble and isn't the help defensive monster he once was several years back. Has Kobe EVER been the best defender in the game? No.

I'm not turning this into another MJ v Kobe debate, so I'll end this with: STOP equating the two, because they are separate players. MJ had the effort, the results, and the effectiveness that Kobe doesn't.

MJ aside, Kobe's defensive reputation has been just that: reputation, which was based upon his early 2000's and he is still riding the wave. Lebron and Wade have both been as effective, if not moreso, on the defensive end this season. Regardless of all-defensive teams, that's a fact.
    Last edited by Showtime; 03-23-2009 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Hold on you bum ass *****, I aint no young ***** first of all, im a grown ass 22 year old ***** with my own ****, so save that young **** for these lil ****** on this site. Now to what you said, I bet any amount of money I know more about basketball than you lil fella, im in school to do this **** for a living and I been watching the NBA every night since I was a lil kid, and I have had the luxury of having the league pass every ****in year since they made it, so dont come at me with that bull**** ass stats arguement. These are stats, but these are all ****in stats that ****in matter, especially to the dude that is suppose to be better than MJ, and the dude is not close.

I came with a stat arguement, an impact arguement, and I also said look at them throuh both they 1st 5 years, and Wade kills Kobe in every form of a comparison, and I know this is a 100% fact, so the **** you are talkin is irrelevent cause you are a diehard Kobe fan, come correct, cause ill crack yo head with any arguement you bring at me, statistical or skillwise. If you think Kobe is better skillwise, you are a damn fool. Other than Man D and the 3, what the **** can Kobe do better than Wade, answer that **** for me.

Ill give him back to basket skills over Wade also.
    I mostly agree with your argument. But there is something to be said about Wade being injury prone. He seems okay right now, but if he loses another season to injury he won't be young enough to just recover and dominate anymore.

What? Jordan actually TRIED to defend people on a nightly basis, unlike Mr. "I only try against boxoffice stars" Bryant (aka "rise to the challenge" lol). Kobe has been inconsistent with his effort on defense for some time now, and not only that, but he is now getting beaten off the dribble and isn't the help defensive monster he once was several years back. Has Kobe EVER been the best defender in the game? No.
    No. I never said that. Anyway who do you think deserved it over Kobe for the last couple of years?

I'm not turning this into another MJ v Kobe debate, so I'll end this with: STOP equating the two, because they are separate players. MJ had the effort, the results, and the effectiveness that Kobe doesn't.

MJ aside, Kobe's defensive reputation has been just that: reputation, which was based upon his early 2000's and he is still riding the wave. Lebron and Wade have both been as effective, if not moreso, on the defensive end this season. Regardless of all-defensive teams, that's a fact.
    You could say the same for MJ. He wasn't the best defensive guard after '96 but he still made the first team didn't he? Anyway I'd rather not talk about MJ, sorry for bringing him up.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I mostly agree with your argument. But there is something to be said about Wade being injury prone. He seems okay right now, but if he loses another season to injury he won't be young enough to just recover and dominate anymore.
    I 100% cosign that, and trust and believe I know his career could easily be hurt by losing another season to a injury, reguardless of what numbers he puts up and where his record is at the point, the injury prone title will always dangle, im a fan, so I will always look at the possible positive side though.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Kobe's all defensive team titles are one of the main reasons he's been labled one of the best in the planet andeven compared to Jordan, the only defensive thing he does is guard and contest a go to guy in the 4th and its on them to miss the shot which any one can do defensively or offensively.

NBA rookie of the year

There was no season save perhaps one where Jordan wasn't top 2 perimeter defender impact-wise. There is no similarity at all between Jordan's selections and Kobe's selections, and it's amusing that Kobe fans would even try to suggest such a thing.

Jordan at age 35 had a larger defensive impact on games than 27-30 year old Kobe.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 03-23-2009 at 03:42 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

You could say the same for MJ. He wasn't the best defensive guard after '96 but he still made the first team didn't he? Anyway I'd rather not talk about MJ, sorry for bringing him up.
    Uhh yeah, he was. News flash. Him and Payton, who was a PG. No one else had the overall defensive impact Jordan did. Eddie Jones was good at man D but had nowhere near the help/team D of Jordan, and wasn't better than him at man D anyway until at least '98, if ever. Try again, kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall

Jordan at age 35 had a larger defensive impact on games than 27-30 year old Kobe.
    BS

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Many people have wondered why Kobe ever made the all defense team.

Many also have mentioned how grossly overrated he is on defense.

I understand that stats don't tell the entire story when it comes to defense, but he's been either great or garbage which imo equates to inconsistency.

Many players have scored either season highs or career highs on him.

No name and role players have lit him up his entire career.

The coaching staff has criticized him on his defense.

Phil has even pulled him out of games in some occasions due to his mistakes.

I have always gave him credit for playing good to great denial defense, but that's where it begins and ends.

And nothing holds more truth than "When he wants to" when referring to Kobe. And even then, there's many times that "when he wants to" play defense he gets beat do to his aggressiveness.

Oh well.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by White Mamba
    BS
    Actually, it's the truth. Go watch some games.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White Mamba
    BS
    MJ was still one of the better defenders as a Wizard.

He locked up star players many times at the young age of 40.

So me thinks that a 35 year old MJ would still be pretty good.