Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How good will Dwight Howard be in his prime if he's not already in it now?

He's great, he'll get better, but he will never be as good as Shaq or Hakeem were.

Da Mavs

Default Re: How good will Dwight Howard be in his prime if he's not already in it now?

Anyone think Bynum/Al Jeff in their primes will be > Dwight in his prime?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose

Bynum if he will be the first option and will be 100% healthy in his prime might have a chance.

Al Jefferson not a chance

World Champion WOOOO~!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    A Bynum without injury has a better post game than Dwight. A few years of developement and Maturing could push him over Dwight.

Dwight needs to learn to pass, otherwise this is as good as he ever gets. If he does learn to pass though he could get significantly better, maybe even as good as prime Shaq (he's nowhere near that now).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Bynum if he will be the first option and will be 100% healthy in his prime might have a chance.

Al Jefferson not a chance

Al Jeff is already better than D. imo. And same as you about Bynum.

College star

biggest thing seperating Dwight from Shaq, Hakeem etc is his passing game. As long as he continues to average worse than 2 assists per game (roughly), he'll never be in their class.

Local High School Star

It's tough for me to imagine Dwight averaging more than 23 points/game. If he decides to further improve his game it will have to come from improving his passing game and his FT%.

If he can improve his FT% he may be a 24+ PPG scorer. Otherwise, he'll be a 20-22 PPG like he is now. He doesn't have the offensive repetoire to cover up bad FT shooting like Shaq can/could.

Local High School Star

He's already in his prime, he won't improve. He's been in the league for like 5-6 years? And he still has no post moves.

He's going where his body is going and his body is at his prime right now. Which means he's in his prime right now

I find the Shaq comparison just plain stupid.

Local High School Star

I find the Al Jefferson is already better than Dwight comment hilarious.

Thats funny, Prime Shaq would use Dwight as floss.

I believe Dwight's in his prime, his passing will get better, but 5-6 years in and still hasn't develop a post game?

I can't tell you much but Al, but with Bynum, if he continues to develop and stay injury free and continue to learn under Kareem, he has the potential to be scary, especially since he can shoot free throws.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    Thats funny, Prime Shaq would use Dwight as floss.

I believe Dwight's in his prime, his passing will get better, but 5-6 years in and still hasn't develop a post game?

I can't tell you much but Al, but with Bynum, if he continues to develop and stay injury free and continue to learn under Kareem, he has the potential to be scary, especially since he can shoot free throws.
    Agreed buddy. Bynum could very well surpass him soon. By the way, dude what's your take on the best center currently?

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    Agreed buddy. Bynum could very well surpass him soon. By the way, dude what's your take on the best center currently?

Statically it's Dwight Howard, but I would take Yao Ming because he can hurt you with his free throwing and he has a better offensive arsenal to choose from. Too bad he has endurance and feet issues.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    Statically it's Dwight Howard, but I would take Yao Ming because he can hurt you with his free throwing and he has a better offensive arsenal to choose from. Too bad he has endurance and feet issues.
    So if you are talking about stats, you would take Dwight. But just overall Yao would be better?

Kind of remain me of Kobe-LeBron, LeBron has the stats Kobe has the rest.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I think people like to forget how athletic Shaq was, he is/was 4 inches taller than Dwight, probably 50ish pounds on him and nearly maintained the same jumping skills as Dwight. Shaqs body was made to play the 5 with an unfair advantage, shaq has/had a lot stronger lower body making it easy for him to barge people with his ass. Dwight is more gym strong rather than natural brute strength and most of his strength is in his upper body.

After looking at the obvious physical advantages Shaq has, you still have to remember that Shaq was in a complete different league to Dwight when it came to skills also.