Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I can't stand Shaq's ego

I guess if Dwight never wore the Superman people wouldn't say he's trying to be like Shaq?

What did Shaq do again with Superman? I have this image of him wearing a Superman T shirt or whatever, but i can't remember why I know he wasn't in the dunk contest so i'm trying to remember in what context he wore it.

Shaq's game has never impressed me much in terms of respecting it. Yeah he was physcially dominating and could dunk in the paint almost every time after a lob pass, but that **** just doesn't impress me like someone that really has 'game' more than physical attributes to dominate. Meh i'm sure i'm in the minority with that but oh well

Haha I love the Shaq trash talk. A fading art.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee

Shaq's game has never impressed me much in terms of respecting it. Yeah he was physcially dominating and could dunk in the paint almost every time after a lob pass, but that **** just doesn't impress me like someone that really has 'game' more than physical attributes to dominate. Meh i'm sure i'm in the minority with that but oh well
    I used to think the same way. But really, for a guy his size to be able to do some of things he does is absolutely amazing, and the same goes for Yao. Players of that size really aren't supposed to be able to move like that and they really shouldn't even last that long in this league.

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

You guys are just pissed you don't have Dwight on your team. Shaq is just pissed that most of Orlando hates him now, and we all love Dwight. This is where Shaq got started, but could never get it done all the way, and now Dwight has a chance to do what Shaq couldn't...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I used to think the same way. But really, for a guy his size to be able to do some of things he does is absolutely amazing, and the same goes for Yao. Players of that size really aren't supposed to be able to move like that and they really shouldn't even last that long in this league.

I just don't really feel that way. If you took a Shaq highlight tape, i bet 3/4's of it would be lob passes and everyone clearing out of the way for him to dunk hard. I mean yeah its true he and Yao are born with athleticism for their sizes no question, but as far as respecting they're 'games' i just really don't that much. Shaq more than Yao since Yao at least has real post game and shot and can pass, but Shaq back then was more size and dunk dominating. His post game has gotten better as he's gotten older but i'd hardly say that was the main reason he was so dominating in the NBA.

Then again i'm not like most fans here who measure everyone by rings or whatever. Tim Hardaway will always be one of my favorite players and he didn't win ****, nor was ever MVP, or any of that. I loved his 'game', while Shaq's is more him being gifted with naturally born size and athleticism more than anything imo.

Like i said tho i know a lot of people here will disagree or try to argue with me, but i've seen/read this crap way too much to be convinced by anyone exaggerating Shaq's game as more than dominating size and dunking like some pretend to

Saw a basketball once

Lakers - Orlando - Miami

"Call this the 'I Hate Shaq Trip,' " O'Neal said.

LMAO

Serious playground baller fiad06's Avatar

I love the Dwight hate in here... I don't understand how people hate him, has he talked trash to anyone his entire career?

I guarantee there is no one in the league that gets beat up harder during a game then Dwight, but do you hear him going public about how the refs are missing calls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkigFiE-758

If shaq wants to keep the superman title, he needs to play much better. He's been playing good lately, but he needs to play great.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    If shaq wants to keep the superman title, he needs to play much better. He's been playing good lately, but he needs to play great.
    yea..i think this is just a little spurt of great basketball for him...i see him cooling off before the playoffs start

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    It doesn't matter, Shaq was, still is and will always be Superman. Dwight is not worthy of that title, not even close. Maybe bump this thread when he averages 38 points and 18 rebounds in the Finals, but until then, it's a shamockery he gets away with it.

Decent college freshman gotbacon23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Shaq would still dominate Dwight. Why the hell would Shaq be willing to help Dwight out when they're on opposing teams and rival centers in the league. A few years after Shaq is retired, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to help Dwight improve.
    he could be classy and help him though. moses malone helped hakeem olajuwon out during the off seasons when they both were all-stars and opponents. the georgetown guys (ewing, mutombo, mourning) always helped each other out in the offseason. and im sure it benefited all parties involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    He's right though.

It's Dwight who's f*cking annoying. He's like a carbon copy of Shaq, without the game to back it up. I mean, the Superman stuff, looking at his left hand when he makes a left-handed shot, even trying to take a guard off the dribble in the ASG, it's all Shaq. Grow up and be your own person Dwight, we don't need another Shaq. Shaq was/is awesome but you're not him.

But that Superman stuff is really annoying. There was already a Superman in this league and Dwight is nowhere near him and will probably never be ...
    Harsh but true. However, I find it amusing that Shaq, the guy with 4 rings is so insecure that he feels the need to put down Dwight. I don't get any sort of arrogance or cockiness on Dwight's part. It's not like he's out there claiming to be better. If anything Shaq should be flattered, or atleast more mature about it.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

if anything this should fuel motivation for dwight to get even better

book it i just had a premonition.. somethings gonna go down between shaq and dwight when they meet.. dwight will either block shaq or dunk on shaq and shaq will have none of it..

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    I just don't really feel that way. If you took a Shaq highlight tape, i bet 3/4's of it would be lob passes and everyone clearing out of the way for him to dunk hard. I mean yeah its true he and Yao are born with athleticism for their sizes no question, but as far as respecting they're 'games' i just really don't that much. Shaq more than Yao since Yao at least has real post game and shot and can pass, but Shaq back then was more size and dunk dominating. His post game has gotten better as he's gotten older but i'd hardly say that was the main reason he was so dominating in the NBA.

Then again i'm not like most fans here who measure everyone by rings or whatever. Tim Hardaway will always be one of my favorite players and he didn't win ****, nor was ever MVP, or any of that. I loved his 'game', while Shaq's is more him being gifted with naturally born size and athleticism more than anything imo.

Like i said tho i know a lot of people here will disagree or try to argue with me, but i've seen/read this crap way too much to be convinced by anyone exaggerating Shaq's game as more than dominating size and dunking like some pretend to
    First of all, Shaq isn't just about dunking cause he's so big. He does have a post game, is a great rebounder, great man defender, great passer, etc. Alot of that is not 100% due to size. I see what you're saying but the reason that type of thinking is unfair is cause if you're going to penalize one player for his size, you should do that for everyone, which is almost every NBA player. For example, is Lebron James going to be just as great if he was a foot shorter? No, he probably wouldn't even be in the league. Now I know thats not exactly what you're saying, but Lebron's "game" might not even be noticed if they had different physical attributes.