Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: I can't stand Shaq's ego

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Shaq also flopped. lol

+1 Dwight
    I didn't see the game....probably deserves its own thread. That would be highly UnShaq to flop...

First time I've ever seen him do it. Steve Van Gundy threw shots at Shaq too post game about flopping.

Good High School Starter

I get a bit sick of the Superman reference to either of these guys.

The fact is Shaquille O'Neal is alot what he is because of the body he was born into. Same goes for Dwight Howard. Neither can shoot free throws or shoot from 6 feet out for that matter. Sure they are great at the centre position but how many dunks do they have between them in their careers. They were born big and dunk and have some agility for their size which again they were born with.

O'Neal has an advantage with just his shear size. He just pushes other players around half the time and rarely gets called for 3 seconds for parking in the lane. If the referees actually did not treat O'Neal differently in the lane and did call 3 seconds it would change his game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    No one, but that's the reason he's Shaq. Why would you want him taking 15 footers when he can kill you every single possession in the low-post ? That's like saying Tim Duncan has a crappy crossover dribble. He didn't need to have that in his repertoire because that would have taken him out his game.

That's kinda like all these people who say LeBron needs a 3 point shot. That's not his game. His game is attacking the rim, why would you want him 25 feet away from the basket ? It doesn't make any sense. A mid-range game would be a lot more useful.

How many big men his size could jump like him ? Eddy Curry or Tractor Traylor could barely get off the floor. Shaq in his prime could do 360 dunks and catch alley-oops. He's no Dwight Howard but for his size he was a great leaper.

Well of course, if anyone says something like that he's stupid. So you do agree the other 25% was talent right ? You argued he had very little game and was lucky he was a freak, but then you admit that was only part of the equation and basically that's what I was trying to say.

I never said Shaq had no talent, if anything i said he was a pretty average passer out of the post, had below average post moves, and no jumper. But when he got position and a lob in, he could dunk almost every time. That was his bread and butter of domination.

I think its hilarious all the dumbasses in this thread point to a youtube clip of him doing a crossover, hitting a fadeaway, and then pretend those were with any regularity or a regular part of his game, but people are retards here like i said. They just don't get the context of what i'm saying, and over-exaggerating Shaq ten-fold if they honestly believe he could regularly pull that **** off or was really good at that stuff like they try and portray pointing to some youtube clip His post game with the Lakers wasn't nearly as refined as it is now.

Lebron having a 3 pt shot extends his game. Just like Rasheed. You can't say that makes their game worse, more than their decision making and laziness being the problem. Its like when VC used to just jack up jumper after jumper when his athleticism and driving was his best attribute. He had a good jumper, he just ended up relying on it too much at times but thats on his decision making, not this silly idea it makes his game worse because he's more willing to shoot it from out there

I never said Shaq wasn't athletic btw, i just don't think he could jump through the roof, or do a 360. Maybe he could in his younger days but i'm more talking about his prime domination era with the Lakers I've seen him dunk hard often and pull his legs up which makes it look like he jumped higher and with more authority, but i just don't think he was some great leaper. If you put him next to Yao or some lanky immobile, more skill based big man then sure. But if you put him next to a Dwight Howard then no.

Anyways i said what i've had to say. Shaq's size meant more to his game/domination than anyone elses builds meant to theirs. Like i said there are players bigger than Lebron, lots of them. There aren't many, if any players bigger than Shaq, but thats what makes Shaq, Shaq. Yeah i'll give him that 25% being athleticism, some skills, etc. but i think that ratio favoring size domination is more uneven than any other player in the league because they don't have it like he did, which was my initial point

Banned

Shaq also flopped. lol

+1 Dwight

yeah i saw taht last night He made Dwight's spin move look like a highlight reel way more than it should've been. I wish Dwight would've stared him down or talked some ****. what a *****

Banned

Shaq ego is big but alot of things he says are in jest to me. He says things that if you cant sit there and laugh? Then making you are takin his comments way too seriously. Like last night he said "I'm too old to be trying to outscore 18yr olds". Thats funny as hell. He has a great sense of humor that people dont get it seems. Maybe you guys were victims of trash talkin growing up and didnt take it well. It took you out of your game and you felt cheated. I dunno. But the things Shaq says are comedy.

Who tells someone to google me to check my history. The fact is people use google to reference and find info on an array of topics. He tied that all in. Laugh at Shaq. Either with or at him. But laugh.

I can agree with some of this, but i think a lot of times the stuff Shaq says he means, like all of the Kobe stuff. Then after-the-fact goes back on it and pretends he was just messing around, and they were friends the whole time He plays it both ways and its untruthful to give him credit for messing around every time he's talked **** or made dumb statements.

I mean saying Wade was the best player he ever played with after he got to Miami was real. Then after he went to the Sun's and him and Kobe had already made up by then, while Kobe was getting all of this hype for the Lakers turn around, he goes back and says Kobe is the best player he's ever played with He just constantly talks **** out his ass. I'm pretty sure he even talked **** about Phil one time in response to Phil making some honest criticisms about Shaq to the media. These statements i can see him kind of messing around, but if i were Dwight, especially Bosh, i'd be like wtf did i say to deserve those shots from that fat lazy **** that got by on physically dominating size more than anything I mean they have friends and family, someone is calling you the Rupaul of the NBA out of nowhere. Or even just dissing you like he did Dwight saying you haven't done **** out of the blue, how would you feel?
    Last edited by Smokee; 03-04-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    I never said Shaq had no talent, if anything i said he was a pretty average passer out of the post, had below average post moves, and no jumper. But when he got position and a lob in, he could dunk almost every time. That was his bread and butter of domination.

I think its hilarious all the dumbasses in this thread point to a youtube clip of him doing a crossover, hitting a fadeaway, and then pretend those were with any regularity or a regular part of his game, but people are retards here like i said. They just don't get the context of what i'm saying, and over-exaggerating Shaq ten-fold if they honestly believe he could regularly pull that **** off or was really good at that stuff like they try and portray pointing to some youtube clip His post game with the Lakers wasn't nearly as refined as it is now.

Lebron having a 3 pt shot extends his game. Just like Rasheed. You can't say that makes their game worse, more than their decision making and laziness being the problem. Its like when VC used to just jack up jumper after jumper when his athleticism and driving was his best attribute. He had a good jumper, he just ended up relying on it too much at times but thats on his decision making, not this silly idea it makes his game worse because he's more willing to shoot it from out there

I never said Shaq wasn't athletic btw, i just don't think he could jump through the roof, or do a 360. Maybe he could in his younger days but i'm more talking about his prime domination era with the Lakers I've seen him dunk hard often and pull his legs up which makes it look like he jumped higher and with more authority, but i just don't think he was some great leaper. If you put him next to Yao or some lanky immobile, more skill based big man then sure. But if you put him next to a Dwight Howard then no.

Anyways i said what i've had to say. Shaq's size meant more to his game/domination than anyone elses builds meant to theirs. Like i said there are players bigger than Lebron, lots of them. There aren't many, if any players bigger than Shaq, but thats what makes Shaq, Shaq. Yeah i'll give him that 25% being athleticism, some skills, etc. but i think that ratio favoring size domination is more uneven than any other player in the league because they don't have it like he did, which was my initial point
    LOL Shaq did a 360 dunk with the Lakers and always had post moves.

Quote Originally Posted by huppcap
    I get a bit sick of the Superman reference to either of these guys.

The fact is Shaquille O'Neal is alot what he is because of the body he was born into. Same goes for Dwight Howard. Neither can shoot free throws or shoot from 6 feet out for that matter. Sure they are great at the centre position but how many dunks do they have between them in their careers. They were born big and dunk and have some agility for their size which again they were born with.

O'Neal has an advantage with just his shear size. He just pushes other players around half the time and rarely gets called for 3 seconds for parking in the lane. If the referees actually did not treat O'Neal differently in the lane and did call 3 seconds it would change his game.
    Superman was also born into that body of steel of his he had had an advantage being indestructable and having lasereyes and stuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackManWitHops
    why dont u just go ahead and tell us u never watched shaq play pre-miami(or even in miami im starting to believe).

he created AT MINIMUM at least 70% of his shots(just like today).
    Because i've probably watched NBA longer than you have, and anyone that followed NBA watched the Championship Lakers with Shaq. ITs not like they weren't on 24/7.

If you talk about created, by getting post position, and a lob in, then sure. If you're talking crossovers, fadeaways, and all these incredible post moves then you're reinventing history or pointing to one time where it worked and he got lucky and made the shot where theres a youtube clip of it because it was so rare.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackManWitHops
    and lol @ u saying yao has more post moves than shaq. u rly r an ignorant fool. everything uve hold agaisnt him, weve proven false either with videos or strong arguments yet u continue to argue.

and btw heres videos of shaq doing a 360 in his lakers days like u asked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3I4vlSYRFA

mother****er.

You're a moron if you don't think Yao has more post moves than Shaq. Thats a no brainer period. But its retards like you that make me wonder about the people who post here and how they remember/see things

and stop posting one clip like it proves that was some regular part of his game or he could do that regularly or did.

Banned

], had below average post moves

I think its hilarious all the dumbasses in this thread
    Well saying Shaq had below average post moves is probably the dumbest thing said in this thread. So maybe you should look in the mirror before calling someone a dumbass.

Im waiting to see the half of the league with better post moves then Shaq...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Well saying Shaq had below average post moves is probably the dumbest thing said in this thread. So maybe you should look in the mirror before calling someone a dumbass.

Im waiting to see the half of the league with better post moves then Shaq...

I bet you're going to reinvent Shaq being fat and lazy with the Lakers now too, hell might as well, since you keep exaggerating everything else he was.

There are a LOT more centers with more refiined post games than Shaq had with the Lakers, but they had/have to have them because its not like they were Shaq, and could physically dominate based on mostly size. Like i said earlier, how many Centers can get away with no jumper?

Sooo many people love to reinvent **** here

more of shaq's post moves on display:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifDl0fNDEr0

If you talk about created, by getting post position, and a lob in, then sure.
    What exactly do you call a lob in ? Like when he's fronted and the guard lobs it over Shaq's defender to get him the ball or to initiate an alley-oop ? Yeah he did score a lot with that kind of plays, but that's not all he did.

He also received the ball in the low block with his back to the basket and he would back his man down with a crab dribble (a real crab dribble, not LeBron's version of a crab dribble) and then do his move. He didn't have Hakeem's or McHale's expertise but he was more than decent. He could drop step to either side and finish with a hook-shot, he could do an up-and-under, very decent footwork. He had his "black tornado" move where he would spin amazingly quickly when he felt his defender was pushing towards him too hard. All this is not below-average. Okay he used his athleticsm and the fact he was so big a lot, but he did have all those things. That is in no way below-average. It's far from Hakeem or McHale but again, not below-average. Maybe call it basic, simple, unimpressive, without flair, but not below-average when a huge amount of centers in this league can't even do those things.

No one is saying he was the best skilled big man of all time or anything, but below-average is just wrong. Even with the physical advantage he had.

If you want to knock on his post game, talk about how he rarely used his left hand when the situation called for a left-handed shot.