26.1 Points
    49.2 FG%
    47.9 3pFG% (2.5 attempts per game)
    86% FT (7.6 attempts per game)
    Reb 6.3
    Assists 2.9

http://www.82games.com/0809/COM1S11.HTM

This should be the end of this thread.
    Yes, it should be the end of this thread. What's his record in those 19 games against good teams?

And don't get this twisted. I don't base everything on team record, nor individual stats. It should be a mix of both IMO. T-mac, Kobe, MJ, Chris Paul, Lebron, all had stats on bad teams, but the difference is that they elevated their teams and got wins. Let's stop the comparisons and overrating until Durant reaches the level where his stats help bring wins.
    Last edited by Showtime; 02-22-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Yes, it should be the end of this thread. What's his record in those 19 games against good teams?
    What would Durant do if you replace him with Kobe.

Gasol
    Durant
    Bynum
    Fisher
    Sasha

Odom
    Ariza
    Powell
    Farmer

HOF coach Phil Jackson.

Durant shoots 42% from threes. Something Kobe could dream of (7% less).

I have more confidence in Durant than Kobe, especially if we are talking about the NBA finals. Too bad Durant got stuck with chumps while Kobe was stucked with all star big men / hof big men.

Quote Originally Posted by c_az_a
    What would Durant do if you replace him with Kobe.
    1. Irrelevant
    2. Total conjecture

I have more confidence in Durant than Kobe, especially if we are talking about the NBA finals. Too bad Durant got stuck with chumps while Kobe was stucked with all star big men / hof big men.
    Read again: the OP made this thread saying Durant was already on prime Mac's level. Maybe from a pure production standpoint, but the difference is that if that production doesn't make an impact in regards to wins, how much does it really matter? Again, other players like Mac, Kobe, Paul, Lebron, Jordan, etc ELEVATED their teams and were able to bring in wins from their individual dominance. Durant isn't at that level yet.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    You can leave.

I can't believe you even have "fail" in your location. Man you're f*cking pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel31
    Gobb your a dumbass...

Hmmmm... you so state the obvious sometimes.. no on else has too... Durant is not as good as a prime tmac at this point... but tmac in his second year was bunk( i know what your gonna say, tmac came straight from ****school).. probably will never be as good as a passer.. but as a scorer and defender for his position.. he will skunk on his ass and yours... and take his team to different heights... anyways...

gobb.. you make me laugh.. with your expetise.. keep it coming
    The fact you edited this post and it still makes no sense is amusing.

Yes I'm a dumbass. Next time you call me one know that it is you're not your. I dont harp on typos, grammatical errors much but its always funny to see someone insult you. But make a fool out of themselves in doing so.

You make me laugh...keep it coming.

Very good NBA starter

And don't get this twisted. I don't base everything on team record, nor individual stats. It should be a mix of both IMO. T-mac, Kobe, MJ, Chris Paul, Lebron, all had stats on bad teams, but the difference is that they elevated their teams and got wins. Let's stop the comparisons and overrating until Durant reaches the level where his stats help bring wins.
    LOL that shows his team is complete thrash and if you watch them they have no defense. They need a better coach and experience.WTF do you mean since KD has moved to Sf they have been winning more.They were 3-29 before he started playing good.His stats did translate to wins.Also there was like 3 gms this year where KD goes nuts in the 4th and hit a shot with like 3 seconds left, but then someone else makes a shot.The only thing he needs to do is get leadership.(You can't put all the blame on him.They have 2nd year players and a thrash coach.No vertern leadership or advice.LJ wouldn't do any better in his 2nd year.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Dirk
    Kevin Durant stats vs Good Teams

19 games
    26.1 Points
    49.2 FG%
    47.9 3pFG% (2.5 attempts per game)
    86% FT (7.6 attempts per game)
    Reb 6.3
    Assists 2.9

http://www.82games.com/0809/COM1S11.HTM

This should be the end of this thread.

From what I could see he's only got 3 wins against teams above .500. I saw Utah, Portland, and Detroit. If I missed any fill free to add.

Dude is gonna be a stud, but to compare him to the Kobe, Lebron, or even TMac at this point is a bit premature.

Quote Originally Posted by black spiral
    Yo dudes!!! My name is Fudge and I am gay!!!!!!

My mother is an overweight whore (didnt know that was possible did you?) but theres nothing I can do about that......

peace!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    LOL that shows his team is complete thrash and if you watch them they have no defense. They need a better coach and experience.WTF do you mean since KD has moved to Sf they have been winning more.They were 3-29 before he started playing good.His stats did translate to wins.Also there was like 3 gms this year where KD goes nuts in the 4th and hit a shot with like 3 seconds left, but then someone else makes a shot.The only thing he needs to do is get leadership.(You can't put all the blame on him.They have 2nd year players and a thrash coach.No vertern leadership or advice.LJ wouldn't do any better in his 2nd year.
    Apparently, you don't comprehend my point. I'm not blaming Durant for their record. What I'm trying to say is that Durant is getting compared to players that have had bad supporting casts and still elevated their teams by getting wins because of their individual play. Durant shouldn't be compared to these players YET because he has YET to reach the level of those former players.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Cut it out....he has no all star/ border line all star around him at this point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    I can't believe you even have "fail" in your location. Man you're f*cking pathetic.
    I didn't know that facts are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    Cut it out....he has no all star/ border line all star around him at this point.
    Neither did those players I mentioned at certain points in their careers, where they were able to win games. Go back and read.