Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Pssh, Jeff Green is only 6'8 1/2 max. Isn't that right VC?
    Actually, only 6'7 3/4, as you can tell by the picture, his feet are propelled 2.8cm higher than they should be, then you do the math, and its easy!

Also, Durant is leaned .541111111111111111111111 too far to the right, showing that he is obviously 6'9 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    In his last dozen of games.

32.9 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 4.0 apg, 52.3 FG%, 48.8 3P%, 87.6 FT%

The kid is already pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime and he's on pace to have a sophomore season on par with Lebron's sophomore season. I'm amazed by how good he is. He will be a multiple scoring champion, MVP candidate, multiple all-star ect. He now seems to put up 30-35 points, 7-8 rebounds and 4-5 assists every single night. Do you know how rare players who can do that are?
    KD

Local High School Star

In his last dozen of games.

32.9 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 4.0 apg, 52.3 FG%, 48.8 3P%, 87.6 FT%

The kid is already pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime and he's on pace to have a sophomore season on par with Lebron's sophomore season. I'm amazed by how good he is. He will be a multiple scoring champion, MVP candidate, multiple all-star ect. He now seems to put up 30-35 points, 7-8 rebounds and 4-5 assists every single night. Do you know how rare players who can do that are?
    You're right. He's "almost pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime" through 12 games, on half of the floor.

And, sorry - 26/6/2/1 isn't on par with 27/7/7/2. 5 more assists is a pretty damn significant stat. And, leading your team to a 13-42 record is not on par with leading your team to a 42-40 record.

Quote Originally Posted by raid09
    You're right. He's "almost pretty much as good as T-Mac in his prime" through 12 games, on half of the floor.

And, sorry - 26/6/2/1 isn't on par with 27/7/7/2. 5 more assists is a pretty damn significant stat. And, leading your team to a 13-42 record is not on par with leading your team to a 42-40 record.

42-40 (8th seed) in the East isn't some miraculous achievement.

As I stated in one of the other hundred Durant threads, there is no way even LeBron James could take this Seattle Thunder team to the playoffs this year, no way. On the flip side, I could very easily see Durant taking a team like the Knicks, Bulls, Nets, or Bucks to the playoffs this year out East.

Anyway, I do believe LeBron had the better sophmore season, but let's not act like making it to the playoffs out East is the key determinant.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    42-40 (8th seed) in the East isn't some miraculous achievement.

As I stated in one of the other hundred Durant threads, there is no way even LeBron James could take this Seattle Thunder team to the playoffs this year, no way. On the flip side, I could very easily see Durant taking a team like the Knicks, Bulls, Nets, or Bucks to the playoffs this year out East.

Anyway, I do believe LeBron had the better sophmore season, but let's not act like making it to the playoffs out East is the key determinant.
    No, but it's significantly better than 13-42, playoffs or no playoffs. I never said it's the key determinant though. Just one of many.

No, but it's significantly better than 13-42, playoffs or no playoffs. I never said it's the key determinant though. Just one of many.

Fair enough. The Thunder's record isn't really indicitive of their play this year, in my opinion. They've had a lot of heart breaking (close) losses and I think they will have a much better second half... especially if Durant stays on fire, and Westbrook continues to develop. This team really needs a legit bigman (Tyson Chandler?), because their front court is scrubilicious.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Pretty pathatic. In response to a harmless joke you make fun of a guy who just had a serious eye injury.

I thought u were better than that.
    Well I wouldn't care about a harmless joke made by you if you hadn't insulted me several times recently.

And while I'm not happy about Amare's injury, I'm not very sympathetic either. I have some bad injuries and I don't expect sympathy and I sure as hell don't get paid 10 million dollars a year like Amare. I also sure as hell don't get to play a game for a job.

Honestly I'm kind of dissapointed Amare was injured because I'm a big Shaq fan and Amare in the lineup would give them a better chance at a championship.

Don't even talk about pathetic responses either. When Showtime said he was glad about Amare's injury you responded by saying you hoped his mother died in a car accident so you could spit in his face and laugh. You also said you wanted to rape his sister.

Now that's a gross overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Pssh, Jeff Green is only 6'8 1/2 max. Isn't that right VC?
    You do realize that I don't look at pictures and guess to the half inch how tall they are. I guess to the closest inch for example I'll say "he looks about 6'8" not 6'10" like he's listed" if I'm using a picture as a reference. I get those exact figures from pre-draft measurements, and while I know you're being sarcastic I'll give a serious answer. Durant was measured 6'9", Green was measured 6'7 3/4" and Westbrook was measured 6'2 1/4".

First of all for that 12 game stretch he's been better than prime T-Mac. Second of all he's improved throughout the season and in the last 2 months he's averaging 30 and 8 on shooting % that are superior to T-Mac's best. I'd say it's not a stretch to say he's pretty much as good.

As for Lebron's sophomore season. Durant is averaging closer to 7 rebounds than 6 so rebounding is about even. Don't forget that Lebron's stats like Durant's also got better throughout his sophomore season. It's obvious that Durant will be at 27 ppg before the season is over and he's already around 7 rebounds per game plus his shooting % are superior. Lebron missed the playoffs in a weaker conference with a better supporting cast so team record is not a big factor. Durant is on pace to have a rookie season as good if the last 2 months are any indication.

If Durant is already as good as Tmac in his prime then so is Danny Granger. I too can take "stats" and place them next to a great player. Durant is not even half the defender Tmac in his prime was. Nor the playmaker. But yes the kid can flat out score and shoot the rock. So therefore one concludes he is as good as a prime Tmac.

But hey Durant so good he is leading this team to...

...the lottery. Now this is where you get quoted and the counter of who is on the team, what it doesnt have etc etc etc blah blah blah. Oh also since I'm struggling to counter I'll even add this. I'll take the games top players and say they too couldnt do a better job than Durant this year on the same team. Yea, thats the ticket!

Banned

wtf is going on?!?!

did i wake up in a different world this morning???

Durant already as good as T-mac in his prime??? WTF?!?!?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Durant's went from a "chucker" on a bad team to being better than a prime T-Mac in a year.

What I don't get is how a 12 game stretch makes him better than a prime T-Mac and how you don't take the defensive end into account as well.

Well I wouldn't care about a harmless joke made by you if you hadn't insulted me several times recently.

And while I'm not happy about Amare's injury, I'm not very sympathetic either. I have some bad injuries and I don't expect sympathy and I sure as hell don't get paid 10 million dollars a year like Amare. I also sure as hell don't get to play a game for a job.

Honestly I'm kind of dissapointed Amare was injured because I'm a big Shaq fan and Amare in the lineup would give them a better chance at a championship.

Don't even talk about pathetic responses either. When Showtime said he was glad about Amare's injury you responded by saying you hoped his mother died in a car accident so you could spit in his face and laugh. You also said you wanted to rape his sister.

You still salty? Lets start with all this Amare talk. You claim I have his nuts in my mouth but every time I post you bring him up. Looks like you got the roles reversed.

We know you are a big Shaq fan. You could tell us the circumference of his **** while simutaniously sucking it. Thanks for reminding us again.

In response to Showtime I was being dead serious. I hope something bad happens to someone close to him so I could laugh in his face the same way he has laughed at people on here when they post about someone dying or getting seriously injured.

I'll give a serious answer. Durant was measured 6'9", Green was measured 6'7 3/4" and Westbrook was measured 6'2 1/4".

First of all for that 12 game stretch he's been better than prime T-Mac. Second of all he's improved throughout the season and in the last 2 months he's averaging 30 and 8 on shooting % that are superior to T-Mac's best. I'd say it's not a stretch to say he's pretty much as good.
    You are comparing a god damn 12 game stretch to a prime T-Macs full season and then trying to claim he is as good as prime T-mac during that stretch? If you want to compare that stretch to T-Mac in his prime go find a 12 game stretch for T-Mac. Then tell us how much he compares.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    If Durant is already as good as Tmac in his prime then so is Danny Granger. I too can take "stats" and place them next to a great player. Durant is not even half the defender Tmac in his prime was. Nor the playmaker. But yes the kid can flat out score and shoot the rock. So therefore one concludes he is as good as a prime Tmac.
    Well considering that he's now scoring 30-35 points pretty much every night and he's grabbing 7-8 rebounds every night while shooting 50/45/87%. It's not a stretch to say that he's pretty much as good as T-Mac was in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Durant's went from a "chucker" on a bad team to being better than a prime T-Mac in a year.

What I don't get is how a 12 game stretch makes him better than a prime T-Mac and how you don't take the defensive end into account as well.
    No the 12 game stretch doesn't make him better, but in the 12 game stretch he's playing better than prime T-Mac.

The last 2 months where he's averaged about 30 and 8 on superior shooting % to T-Mac make him almost as good as I originally stated.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

This turned out to be a pretty comical thread. Awesome.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Local High School Star

I could care less if the man averages 40/15/10. The Thunder need to make some noise and I don't even mean getting to the playoffs. Just get to like 30-35 wins, I'd be impressed. And its not even about the talent. I'm DAMN sure guys like Wade, LeBron, Paul would have the Thunder in a much better position. Hell, Orlando McGrady would have this team in a better position. That early 00s Magic team was filled with scrubs that were no better than the guys on this Thunder team, yet McGrady took them to the playoffs. Durant has proven to be a good efficient scorer and clutch but he isn't on prime McGrady's level.