Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blake Griffin

Local High School Star

Default Re: Blake Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by pillage
    No, I meant black. To the general white public, anybody who's not white is considered black. Indian people, most latino's.
    You're an idiot.

Learning to shoot layups pillage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raid09
    You're an idiot.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by blasian
    and Jason Kidd, Mike Bibby, Grant Hill
    i dont think grant is mixed, his mom is liteskin but im pretty sure she's black.also bibby's mom is jamaican and his dad i think is bi-racial.
    jkidd, deron is half black/white. shane battier looks mixed, what about delonte west?

Well twolves isnt offbase because in society thats kind of how its determined. Big Papi would be considered black if you didnt know he was a professional baseball player. Altho some things suggests he isnt black. Something as small as style of dress could have you say "He's not black, must be from the Islands". When you talk to Big Papi the notion he is black is thrown out the window. He no longer is classified based on skincolor like Allen Iverson would be. He is classified by his accent.

Big Papi would not be asked if he were black or considered himself black. He would be asked where he was from because its not from here. Some can determine/know thru personal encounters that he is Dominican and ask right off the bat "You Dominican?". Same with Pedro.

If Big Papi were to rob the person asking where he was from? That person wouldnt give a description "tall black male. thick" moreso "Husky Dominican". If Pedro robbed the person asking where he was from the police desciption would be "foreigner, overseas some where.".

Physical appearance without having heard Big Papi you could say he was black if he robbed you without saying one word/speaking. But soon as he speaks you dont tell the cop the guy who robbed you was black. Sounds silly to you but that is how people determine who is who especially in the urban community when you live amongst folks with different backgrounds.

Mixed people are generally considered black from 21 jump street.

twolves thinking isnt abnormal at all.

And Blake Griffin would never be considered white. White people can have the Lopez pansies.

I'll throw you for another loop/offtopic...

Rex Chapman = black
    Karl Malone = white

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Can of worms opened.
    There are lots of good white players...just not from America. Friggin' Canada pumps out better white players than we do! Or little European countries.

No, I meant black. To the general white public, anybody who's not white is considered black. Indian people, most latino's.
    You couldnt be further away from the truth than Roger Clemens saying he didnt use any illegal PED.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Partially off-topic but anyone else psyched for this Texas - OU game tonight? Dexter Pittman sure is:

I swear he eats a cheeseburger before he checks in every game. This is also an instance where those new tight fit basketball jerseys does not work.

I usually hit open layups

Race is socially constructed but by using that social construction 'one drop rule' Blake Griffin (and everyone else who is mixed) is black.

Quote Originally Posted by pp38
    Race is socially constructed but by using that social construction 'one drop rule' Blake Griffin (and everyone else who is mixed) is black.
    Everyone who is mixed is not black. And the one drop rule isnt consistent.

People consider Tiger woods black. But they do not consider Rosario Dawson or Mariah Carey black.

There are few people who are 100% black nowadays anyway. Seems like everyone's mixed with a little bit of something, whether it be Asian, hispanic, white, Native American, etc.

Blake Griffin is good.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Everyone who is mixed is not black. And the one drop rule isnt consistent.

People consider Tiger woods black. But they do not consider Rosario Dawson or Mariah Carey black.
    I dont know of anyone that does not consider Rosario Dawson or Mariah black.

That's gotta be the stupidest post I've read in a long time.

Serious playground baller martinas23's Avatar

He kinda looks white

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    that doesn't even make sense
    listen buddy accents can be placed geographically whether you like it or not