Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blake Griffin

Local High School Star

Default Re: Blake Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    What difference does it make what race an American player is? I can understand some nationalistic pride, but you guys are bizarrely obsessed with White and Black: it's depressing.
    because black people are better at NBA basketball, so it matters in terms of projecting his future career.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    LOL at you. i have never once heard a latino been referred to as black in my life

LOL at you. i have never once heard a latino been referred to as black in my life . idk about where you live but when i went through middle and high school everybody was either mexican/latino asian black or white
    Maybe you mean fair skinned latino person. Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and people from Brazil are labeled as black all the time.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

once you hear them speak though its obvious

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Maybe you mean fair skinned latino person. Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and people from Brazil are labeled as black all the time.
    I've heard Dominicans and Brazilians labeled that, but I grew up with plenty of Puerto Ricans (it's also the only race I've dated) and I've never once heard someone refer to them as black

NBA Superstar

once you hear them speak though its obvious
    dude, there are blacks in every western country and they all have different accents. expand your horizons a little.

Good college starter

dude, there are blacks in every western country and they all have different accents. expand your horizons a little.
    ok which nation in africa produces a similar accent to the dominican republic?

NBA Superstar

ok which nation in africa produces a similar accent to the dominican republic?

are you a falkin retard?

which African nation produces a black: LA, NYC, Southern, Chicago, West Indian, Toronto etc...accent?

Good college starter

are you a falkin retard?

which African nation produces a black: LA, NYC, Southern, Chicago, West Indian, Toronto etc...accent?
    whatever man. i grew up speaking spanish since i was in kindergarden. i guess i can spot it easier then others. good day to you

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    It isn't that there aren't great American white ballers, look at the college game. The NBA is just a different animal, like it or not, it's an athleticism driven league and we whiteys don't possess it. Consider the ratio (which I have no idea what it is) of guys who are given shots because they're freak athletes but aren't really basketball players, just athletes, compared to fundamental players who don't possess near the same athletic prowess. Dunks and highlights sell, curling off double screens doesn't.

Can of worms opened.
    Its not dunks and highlights selling its guys with fundamentals and low athleticism have a hard time getting their shot off in the league....No different from Division I and Division III ball where in DIII there are many good, fundamental players but they usually aren't the tallest, fastest, quickest, strongest and at the dI level wouyld have a difficult time containinging faster players, rebounding with bigger players and again, getting their shots off

"We the black delegation.....select.....Blake Griffin!!!!!! Bytch, we got 'em! Keep waiting for the next Larry Bird whitey!!!!"

Local High School Star

he's not the only mixed ball player, what about deron williams

Quote Originally Posted by omarnyc
    he's not the only mixed ball player, what about deron williams
    and Jason Kidd, Mike Bibby, Grant Hill

Learning to shoot layups pillage's Avatar

look like a black guy, but wait till twolvesfan hears him speak. obviously latin then.

just goes to show you....

NBA Superstar

whatever man. i grew up speaking spanish since i was in kindergarden. i guess i can spot it easier then others. good day to you
    that doesn't even make sense