Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blake Griffin

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Blake Griffin

Kidd, Hill, Bibby...same deal. It should depend he wants to be identified. If you go by the "one drop" rule we've had for some bad reasons, he's "black," though.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pillage
    No, I meant black. To the general white public, anybody who's not white is considered black. Indian people, most latino's.
    Any sort of qualifier for this statement or are you just generalizing and assuming?

Learning to shoot layups pillage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Any sort of qualifier for this statement or are you just generalizing and assuming?
    How does history sound as a 'sort of quilifier'?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Is Brook Lopez considered white?
    he like obama, he unite the races

So you're saying I consider Pau Gasol a black guy?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    So you're saying I consider Pau Gasol a black guy?
    You're bringing Gasol up because he's Spanish? I assume you know the difference between the terms Hispanic, Spanish, Latin etc, and especially the use of them throughout history?

So you feel a need to perpetuate an archaic mentality that is probably outdated in its own right? Most people, including whites, have acknowledged the place of hispanic and latino people. In short, the only people who harbor that type of thought process are people like yourself.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Blake Griffin is a BROTHA.

Period.

Good college starter

how is this even up for debate? his father is black and his mother is white. he is half black

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    So you feel a need to perpetuate an archaic mentality that is probably outdated in its own right? Most people, including whites, have acknowledged the place of hispanic and latino people. In short, the only people who harbor that type of thought process are people like yourself.
    Most people still have a way of thinking some kids in 1950 would be ashamed of. I'm not accusing you or anybody on this forum of anything. I'm just telling it like it is. There's a majority of white people out there who consider anybody who's not white black. Better yet, a ******.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Kidd, Hill, Bibby...same deal. It should depend he wants to be identified. If you go by the "one drop" rule we've had for some bad reasons, he's "black," though.

All three of them identify themselves as african Americans. Bibby isn't even half white. More like a 3rd if anything. Henry Bibby (pops) is just a really high yellow tone brotha, and his mom is from the islands.

Most people still have a way of thinking some kids in 1950 would be ashamed of. I'm not accusing you or anybody on this forum of anything. I'm just telling it like it is. There's a majority of white people out there who consider anybody who's not white black. Better yet, a ******.
    While, I cannot speak for white people--as I am not one, I cannot exactly discredit you from believing that. All I can offer is that certainly times have changed and I like to believe in the advancement of racial distinctions to depart from its retro past.

Good college starter

LOL at you. i have never once heard a latino been referred to as black in my life . idk about where you live but when i went through middle and high school everybody was either mexican/latino asian black or white

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    LOL at you. i have never once heard a latino been referred to as black in my life . idk about where you live but when i went through middle and high school everybody was either mexican/latino asian black or white
    Take a favela in Brazil, bring those people to Europe or the USA and watch people desperately try to figure out which person belongs in which category.

**** it, matter of fact, the whole preoccupation in large parts of the world (in Russia, the USA and many other countries you'll still have to fill in the answer to 'ethnicity' on a ****load of forms) just goes to show you how 'important' it is to most people and you'll be either white, black (or yellow or red) to the majority.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkman
    seeing as the White man introduced the one drop rule, We black people proudly claim blake griffin..IF you see how dark his dad is, he's got more than one drop.
    proof?

not sure if this is a joke or not but blake is 50% black no matter how dark his dad is