Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default smh @ USA Basketball committee

Once again lacking in the front court department.

Chandler as your center? he's no offensive threat.

Blake can't even spell pick and roll, let alone run one properly.

Love may be the best selection for the international style of game, and iggy? WTF does he bring to the table?

Westbrook isn't gonna have the same type of freedom he enjoys in the NBA.

They needed big men that can battle in the trenches on both ends, Tyson is a good defender, but I see him getting in tons of foul trouble since some of his back court partners won't be able to defend the pick and roll properly, and lawd have mercy if they ever have Westbrook and Blake defending the pick.

Magic Johnson

Default Re: smh @ USA Basketball committee

Yup, they're idiots. What happened to building a solid TEAM? Seems like they just chose the best players. Spain has a real shot at beating us.

Agreed. They would be better off bring non star bigs than griffin.

Westbrook was the 2nd or 3rd best player in FIBA 2010 for the US. Rose wasn't clearly better than Westbrook and Westbrook wasn't clearly better than Rose. But only those two have an argument behind Durant from those games. And that's without him scoring a ton.

And Coach K used them both (Rose and Westbrook) together to close out games.

So I'm not sure where you're getting your opinions from. Must be from that horrible league worst offense they run in OKC

Magic Johnson

It doesn't matter if Chandler is offensively inept, but it does matter that he's the only guy over 7 feet tall. The Gasol brothers are going to kill us.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    Westbrook was the 2nd or 3rd best player in FIBA 2010 for the US. Rose wasn't clearly better than Westbrook and Westbrook wasn't clearly better than Rose. But only those two have an argument behind Durant from those games. And that's without him scoring a ton.

And Coach K used them both (Rose and Westbrook) together to close out games.

So I'm not sure where you're getting your opinions from. Must be from that horrible league worst offense they run in OKC
    I'll eat my words then, I guess I was wrong about Westbrook. Because from what I've seen in the NBA he has a poor IQ and his style doesn't appear to be suited for the international game.

But what about the other selections?

They're heavy in the 2-3 position, but most of them are very similar players. I also don't see a consistent deep threat outside of Durant.

The front court is kinda disappointing and the center position is a joke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    It doesn't matter if Chandler is offensively inept, but it does matter that he's the only guy over 7 feet tall. The Gasol brothers are going to kill us.
    just put LeBron on Pau and let him make his bitch again

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Yup

Not just them, but other bigs as well.

Shit... I remember Howard getting embarrassed all the time. Luckily they're stacked at the 2-3 position.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Have you ever watched international play before? Westbrook was excellent in the 2010 games. And no long range threats? Besides the fact the international line is shorter, we have guys who shoot 40% from the NBA line on the team. They'll kill that shorter 3pt line.

Roy Hibbert, Taj Gibson, D. Cousins,

Guys like this should be considered.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    Have you ever watched international play before? Westbrook was excellent in the 2010 games. And no long range threats? Besides the fact the international line is shorter, we have guys who shoot 40% from the NBA line on the team. They'll kill that shorter 3pt line.
    This OP appears to think NBA is the same transition in international play without even watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    Have you ever watched our international shooters in the Olympics....it doesn't always translate to the shorter line.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Yup

Not just them, but other bigs as well.

Shit... I remember Howard getting embarrassed all the time. Luckily they're stacked at the 2-3 position.
    Yeah, but that won't matter because LeBron, Kobe, and Durant will get the majority of the minutes. The selection committee got greedy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it costs them.

Oh, and given the emphasis on fundamentals I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin isn't a glorified small forward. He's a terrible rebounder and simply relies on his athleticism to get boards, which won't cut it in International play.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Here's the thing. In 2010 they played with only Chandler as a center against the same competition they're about to face and mauled them.

And here's the kicker. Chandler barely played.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

would have loved seeing roy selected.