Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal,Shawn Marion Swap Heating Up

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    we've witnessed first hand what Crawford can do many times, he's never won because look at the teams he's been on, he always clutches up

and as for Turk, I would be willing to pay him 10 mil, we need him
    What? We need a scorer, but not a streetballer who dribbles too much and takes bad shots. Sure he can score in bunches, but i would definitely not want Jamal Crawford. As for Turk, 10 mill? per season??? He's turning 30 and he's definitely not someone i'd want to overpay like that.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

First of all, this trade won't happen, and nothing in that article indicates that a deal is a even close to being immineint.

However, I've warmed up to it. I really am not fond of JO and his balky knee, BUT if the Raptors take on Marcus Banks in this deal, I'd pull the trigger. That's the only way this deal will get done. That would put Miami golden cap wise in 2010.

Really thinking about it, The 2009 unrestricted free agency class is 'meh' at best. Odom??? Been there done that. Boozer? We already have a similiar player who's going to be better than you in two years. Then you have a center like Mehmet Okur who can chose to become a free agent..Nice center and all, but ehhhh but wrongside of 30.

And considering that even with Marion expiring this off-season, Miami still comes up bit short in terms of flexibillity of offering a max deal(Only have a 8--9 Million in space). There's really no point.

Hedo is exactly the kind of closer the Raps need, a guy to rely on down the stretch and create shots out of broken plays. Marion expiring this summer would give us more flexibility to meet Hedo's contract expectations than Orlando probably can given their existing financial commitments.

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    Hedo is exactly the kind of closer the Raps need, a guy to rely on down the stretch and create shots out of broken plays. Marion expiring this summer would give us more flexibility to meet Hedo's contract expectations than Orlando probably can given their existing financial commitments.
    I'd take Hedo if he took a contract offer like 3 years 21 mill.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    Hedo has a skill game, so he shouldn't decline too much with age. He's also a clutch shooter, and secondary playmaker, two huge needs. How is his D? Is he fast enough to hang with the Slashers at the 3?

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    First of all, this trade won't happen, and nothing in that article indicates that a deal is a even close to being immineint.

However, I've warmed up to it. I really am not fond of JO and his balky knee, BUT if the Raptors take on Marcus Banks in this deal, I'd pull the trigger. That's the only way this deal will get done. That would put Miami golden cap wise in 2010.

Really thinking about it, The 2009 unrestricted free agency class is 'meh' at best. Odom??? Been there done that. Boozer? We already have a similiar player who's going to be better than you in two years. Then you have a center like Mehmet Okur who can chose to become a free agent..Nice center and all, but ehhhh but wrongside of 30.

And considering that even with Marion expiring this off-season, Miami still comes up bit short in terms of flexibillity of offering a max deal(Only have a 8--9 Million in space). There's really no point.
    You make a very valid point there, if we offload Banks in the deal then maybe it will be worth it. I think we could cope without Marion even if JO is injured, provided Beasley puts up 21+ every night and Wade stays fit.

I suppose it is whether Riley wants us to contest next season or not. JO won't make us an instant contendor, but getting rid of Banks means we have the most flexibility in the NBA come 2010.

Who will we have on the books?

Beasley $5m

If that's the plan, I think I'm sold.

Serious playground baller Sekman's Avatar

Deal is not slam dunk.. but i agree it will solve a lot of Raptor problems (perimeter defense, rebounding, someone at the 3)

Meanwhile, we give up interior defense when the bench is on da floor (Humps, Voskhul, Graham coming in for the 4 and 5 spots)

22M vs 17.9M.. that means raptors should get a filler... not too familiar with Heat's roster's salary, but we should also try to get either Joel Anthony or Dorell Wright. then i will make the trade

"Marion has been unproductive"
    rubbish

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=115728
    Last edited by 305Baller; 01-16-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Banned

JO at least will solidify the C position for Miami because Joel Anthony,& Udonis Haslem are not the answer at C if Miami plans to make the Playoffs this year.

I understand about JO's ability to stay healthy but Miami could help him by allowing him to not play back to back games like Shaq in Phoenix,and T-Mac in Houston to help him hold up by the Playoffs.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

At one point in their careers, this would've been considered a huge trade. Now it's just like swapping role players.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

lmao Jamal Crawford is a pure scorer gtfo Raps fans we aren't getting Kobe if that's what you expect jesus

I would do Moon and JO for Marion and Blount. Anything else I think we would be hard done by.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Chalmers,Wade,Beasley,Haslem,JO

damn

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    lmao Jamal Crawford is a pure scorer gtfo Raps fans we aren't getting Kobe if that's what you expect jesus
    Jamal is a low percentage chucker that doesn't play a lick of D. You give any medicore SG they same amount of shots they will put up comperable numbers. He makes way too much, and needs the ball too much, to justify his production.

I don't want neither Jamal or Hedo. They are both ineffective, and are over hyped on Ish. I'd be more interested in someone like Marvin Williams with the given cap space. I wouldn't break the bank for him, but he'd be a solid SF for years to come, add in our pick next year and the extra available cash for the future, this trade makes sense for now and later.

Not only that, with this trade - Raptors can make future trades (for this year) near the deadline where they send off their expirer sans Marion for somebody else's bad contract, good contract. (Was thinking Milwaukee w/ Redd, but they've been quietly playing decent) We'll just have to wait for some team to fall off with a player like that who can be a creator, but the team isn't willing to pay (Caron Butler? - might be worth too much) (Monta Ellis - when he is healthy?).

At worst, we get cap flexibility and we sign Rasho in the off-season ...