Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    madvillain

Default Re: Rajon Rondo has become so Overrated

Agree that he's in part a product of the guys around him, but that goes both ways. And he's not at that all-star level yet, but when you consider he was supposed to be the weak link when the Big Three came in I definitely think he's been a surprise.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    Ive watched plenty of celtic games this year. who is overrating rondo? Hes not better then any of the big 3.. so who is saying he is? nobody... hes an amazing role player he makes really good choices and plays great with the team he has. dude is a baller im lovin his play this season. he does get ALOT of open looks though in the paint and outside. im sure alot of point guards wish they were in his position with the big 3 getting him so many open looks.
    The Celtic analysts on Comcast Sports Net New England as well as Jeff Howe on Boston's Metro and some of the local Sportswriters are telling everyone that RR is an All-star, so the guy has a point. It's starting to effect the opinions of some Celtic fans, including on this board.

He's a future all star if he stays in the east.

Here's an interesting question: Would he become better or worse if he was on a lesser team than Boston?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He'd have bigger stats with a bigger role, but no one would be calling him an All-Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Not saying he's a bad player or anything, but he's definitely not what he's hyped up to be. I've been hearing people saying that he's an allstar this year and I think that is ridiculous. Hell I think Sebastian Telfair, Delonte West and Allen Ray would look like allstars next to Garnett, Pierce and Allen. At least those three guards can actually shoot the ball. Rondo passes up on so many open looks which he should be taken. Maybe I haven't seen enough to really say, but from what I've seen he's nowhere near an allstar caliber guard just yet.
    NO. and there's now way you put delonte alongside those other two, it's just not fair.

anyway, i'm happy you aren't praising rondo straight away, and you're letting him prove himself. and that's what all the bandwagoners or/and haters should do. guy is young, let him ball.

Rondo is a very lucky player, because Boston is exactly the right place for him.

He can showcase his talents, and the bad parts of his game don't really matter in Boston.
    But make no mistake, he isn't really any better than a guy like Brevin Knight. He's still pretty young though, so there is room for improvement.

If you check nba.com, there's a headline "Who will you send to the AS game?" or something like that, with Rondo's picture.
    That's overrating.

he has become over rated deffinatly. the guy is very good and physicaly very gifted but he does some really dumb things that make me question his intelligence, which also makes me believe he will never get that much better.

when did he stop dunking thoe, for ****s sake it pisses me off when ultra athletic guys dont even dunk on the fast break.

I usually hit open layups montaownedu's Avatar

Playing in Boston is such a double edged sword for Rondo. He is playing like an All Star caliber point guard. And yes, that has something to do with the fact that he plays with the Big 3. However, if he played on a different team i think his scoring numbers would be higher, assist numbers only slightly slower, and he would still play some of the best defense out of the point guard posistion in the league. I don't think people realize how much he means to the Celtics, and you certainly couldn't just throw someone like Sebastian Telfair in there and get the same results.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    All-star? No. But Rondo beat out Telfair for a reason. Allan Ray, not even going to go there.

Delonte West may just look like an All-Star in the half court, though Rondo is the better PG.
    No matter how many courts there are Delonte West will never look like an All-Star. Telfair is and always was garbage. Rondo is decent but all of a sudden everyone's on his jock.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I read in an Indy Star article that the writer overheard some team's scout talking about Rondo and he said "he's a garbage PG, if he played on a mediocre team people would see that." I may be paraphrasing, but that was the gist.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    If you check nba.com, there's a headline "Who will you send to the AS game?" or something like that, with Rondo's picture.
    That's overrating.
    Exactly, he isn't All Star material.

Local High School Star

He's a very efficient player, and that's why people like him. Very few PGs have the all-around game that he has. Jason Kidd was always a poor shooter and that didn't stop people from appreciating him. Rondo is very much in the same vein, except that his skills are far more on the defensive end.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
    Exactly, he isn't All Star material.
    Do you really believe that? I mean, he has to at least be in the conversation. The only east PG you can say is definitely more deserving is Devin Harris. Then you got Calderon, Ford, Rondo, Rose who all have arguments in their favor. It's very difficult for me to accept the "not All Star material" nonargument.