Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Maurice Cheeks FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by crounsa810
    I saw that the Assistant GM is taking over. Yeah, because thats gonna help. I really wish they had kept him. Sure, they're struggling, but you have Brand, who seems to be a curse if u want to win, and you have Igoudala who signed a contract and proceeded to play half as well as he did last year, same with Lou Williams. I really don't think the coach was the problem. Oh well.
    That sounds just like Portland all over again. Kevin Pritchard was the assistant general manager when Mo Cheeks was fired here and Pritchard took over as head coach and did a better job than Cheeks did.

Pretty interesting video about the firing
    http://www.libertyballers.com/2008/1...nks-eddie-jord

Great Quote from Coach Mike Brown after the Sixers fired Mo Cheeks.

''Mo is a good guy, it's an unfortunate part of the business but I said it before, not many guys are Jerry Sloan, Gregg Popovich or Phil Jackson,'' he said. ''If things don't work out, obviously one of the easiest spots to change is head coach. Mo deserves another job. Mo's going to get another job.''
    QFT

Saw a basketball once Yossarian22's Avatar

Who do we want going forward?

Not overly impressed with Eddie Jordan. He's had plenty of talent and never capitalized on it (his performance was pitiful in 2006 against the Cavs).

I saw Jeff Van Gundy's name come up. However, he emphasizes a very slow, plodding offense with shooters centered around a big man (Knicks with Ewing, Rockets with Yao). We don't have the shooters (as someone pointed out), and Elton is the post threat that the others were. JVG is probably not the answer.

Assuming DiLeo does not work out, where else could we turn?

how would eddie jordan's princeton offense work out for the sixers? they dont have any shooters so i could imagine them shopping dre miller asap if eddie comes to town
    still brand is not antwan, iggy is no butler... so they still wouldnt look too good running that

thoughts?

Shopping Andre Miller when he is a free agent at seasons end? lol

I wish I could find the the thread where I predicted that the Sixers would be worse than last year and the Heat would be better than them. I had good reasoning that proved to be true. Posters, most notably GOBB, smashed me down.

I don't know much about the interim guy, so maybe he is a good pick.

Otherwise, Eddie Jordan would be a good pick for the Sixers.

Its funny that the "I told ya so" crew comes out after 24gms.

12yr old kid "I thought there were 82gms in a season"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Its funny that the "I told ya so" crew comes out after 24gms.

12yr old kid "I thought there were 82gms in a season"
    My point to you is that you will be wrong about the Sixers now and in 82 games time, as my points will still be valid then. After 24 games it already becoming apparent.

I could bump after 10 games, 25 games, 60 games 82 games. I will still be right.

Relax and go back to the couch.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    That sounds just like Portland all over again. Kevin Pritchard was the assistant general manager when Mo Cheeks was fired here and Pritchard took over as head coach and did a better job than Cheeks did.

Hold on a second. KP is a terrific GM. But he didn't do all that well as a coach. They had decided it was a foregone conclusion that Cheeks would be fired at the end of the year. Instead of keeping him hanging around as a lame duck they cut him loose early. The Blazers were already out of the playoffs, so they put KP in charge of the team with the main objective of giving him a closer look at the players so he could better evaluate the talent that they had on the roster at that time.

Philly wants to go to the playoffs and do well.

So the objective is different.

You have to question them extending Cheeks contract twice and then giving him the quick hook. But there are probably some behind the scenes things here we don't know.

First off, Maurice is a great human being. A class individual. People in Portland loved the guy and will never forget him running out on the court to help a little girl sing the national anthem who had gotten nervous and forgotten the words.

However, he is a terrible coach. He admitted the team had only three plays when he coached the Blazers. No doubt his weaknesses were exposed in Philly and the Sixers decided it was time to pull the plug on Cheeks.

Wherever he goes whatever he does I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    My point to you is that you will be wrong about the Sixers now and in 82 games time, as my points will still be valid then. After 24 games it already becoming apparent.
    O rly? Seemed like your point was proven as you implied in your post. Now you're moonwalkin. Typical. And who said Sixers would start off red hot? I said countless times while the addition of Brand was great alot of questions/concerns have to be answered over an 82gm season. Even if Sixers record was good and better than Miami? Nothing would change on my end. And if there were issues/problems dispite the winning record I would call it out.

This is nothing more than handing out trhe MVP award right now.

I could bump after 10 games, 25 games, 60 games 82 games. I will still be right.
    Do it then. This oughta be good. I'm sure you've prepared your counter in case wins are transpired that regardless of the "record" they still arent "good" and you are still "right". You're whole agenda is see thru. Such a shame.

Relax and go back to the couch.
    Same couch you're calling out predictions right? And premature "rights"?

Kids today.

To further add on last years team wasnt a 40 win team. They overachieved.

But somehow this team not only appears worse (tell me how last years team started out brain) they will prove that they are over an entire season. Ontop of Miami being better.

Sixers record after 24gms last year? 10-14. Go figure. Same as this yr.

But somehow the clown up above is right. Right about what? lol

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i saw a thread on another sixers forum talking about sheed being on the market he would be the perfect fit at center.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    i saw a thread on another sixers forum talking about sheed being on the market he would be the perfect fit at center.
    Only thing is they love his expirer, and a swap of Dalembert/Sheed wouldn't interest them. Neither would a swap in expirers (Miller for Sheed).

Pistons should try to get some value for him if they don't plan on resigning him but we've got nothing that would interest them.