Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    College superstar

Default Re: First All Star Returns In

The fans need to have some sort of input, but it's obviously an incredibly flawed system right now.

The best system that I can come up with is something like... the coaches, GMs, players, etc vote for the 24-30 players in the All-Star Game (is it 12 or 15 per team?), and out of those players, the fan voting determines the starters.

Then it is just up to the coaches in the game to give the most minutes to the "starters" to keep the fans happy.

As of right now, it's not an indication of your ability to make the All-Star Game, yet people use it as a measure of success of a player. This change would give credence to those that use it as a personal measure of success, while making the game more entertaining with the best talent, all while keeping the fans happy.

So many things wrong but I spotted another one

153,512; Shawn Marion (Mia) 144,066; Josh Smith (Atl) 59,574; Tayshaun Prince (Det) 56,846; Hedo Turkoglu (Orl) 56,006; Danny Granger (Ind) 49,752; Michael Beasley (Mia) 48,999.
    How are these guys ahead of Granger? I mean I kinda understand Josh Smith.. but Shawn Marion has been down this year, Josh Smith has been injured for days, Prince statistically hasn't stepped up, Hedo hasn't done anything that special, EVEN Beasley is behind me only 1000 votes..

Granger in his third year, has sky-rocketed his numbers in terms of scoring and blocking shots. This is his numbers this year:

23.1 PPG
    #8th in the NBA
    4.90 RBG
    2.9 APG
    1.6 BPG
    44% FG

Take in how it's only his third year, and his other competitors that's in my quote don't even come that close to his numbers this yeat

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    The starters as of now are Dwight / KG / Bron / Wade / AI for the East and Yao / Duncan / Amare / Kobe / Paul for the West. I don't see a problem.
    considering dirk has been the best frontcourt player in the west this year and isnt starting i would seem to think that would be a problem. Sub him for amare and its pretty solid. In the east theres quite a few people who should be over ai.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    The fans need to have some sort of input, but it's obviously an incredibly flawed system right now.
    Maybe fans should have to pass a quiz that has to do with this season before voting:

Such as:

- What team is Luke Ridnour on?
    - Does Erick Dampier average more than 25 minutes per game?
    - Does Yi Jianlian deserve to play in the all star game?

If you answer incorrectly on any of the questions, you are banned from voting for the 2009 NBA All-Stars.

Not airballing my layups anymore DaCommish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    cuz he was hurt all year you dang foo
    He played the first 12 games for the Jazz, and has missed the last 12. How is that worse than Manu Ginobili who has not played 12 games yet, or for that matter Gilbert Arenas (also on the votes list) who hasn't played a single game? What about TMac (who has missed the last 12 years!)?

Local High School Star Copperhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    So many things wrong but I spotted another one

How are these guys ahead of Granger? I mean I kinda understand Josh Smith.. but Shawn Marion has been down this year, Josh Smith has been injured for days, Prince statistically hasn't stepped up, Hedo hasn't done anything that special, EVEN Beasley is behind me only 1000 votes..

Granger in his third year, has sky-rocketed his numbers in terms of scoring and blocking shots. This is his numbers this year:

23.1 PPG
    #8th in the NBA
    4.90 RBG
    2.9 APG
    1.6 BPG
    44% FG

Take in how it's only his third year,
    and his other competitors that's in my quote don't even come that close to his numbers this yeat
    I think this is Granger's 4th year.

The Chinese are even voting for Rafer now? Talk about loyalty to Yao's team.......

It's all a popularity contest guys. Devin Harris has had 1/4 of a Superstar season, of course casual fans aren't going to be voting for him. Danny Granger? I doubt most people voting could even tell you which team he plays for, much less how he is doing this season.

Serious playground baller Sekman's Avatar

yo know that China has a Communist system...

it's not very often that they get to VOTE! so respect their choice

You can't all blame the chinese vote, all though it's probably well over half of Yi's votes is from chinese people, some of you guys here on ISH is voting for him just to make the ASG a joke. So don't just blame chinese people, blame yourself too.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Maybe fans should have to pass a quiz that has to do with this season before voting:

Such as:

- What team is Luke Ridnour on?
    - Does Erick Dampier average more than 25 minutes per game?
    - Does Yi Jianlian deserve to play in the all star game?
    I'd add a 4th question. "Be honest, are you only finding out now that Shaq is no longer on the Lakers?"

I usually hit open layups

what happened to getting marbury in the all star game?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Forwards: LeBron James (Clev) 643,786; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 495,514; Yi Jianlian (NJ) 356,556; Chris Bosh (Tor) 274,195; Paul Pierce (Bos) 153,512; Shawn Marion (Mia) 144,066; Josh Smith (Atl) 59,574; Tayshaun Prince (Det) 56,846; Hedo Turkoglu (Orl) 56,006; Danny Granger (Ind) 49,752; Michael Beasley (Mia) 48,999.

Yi has 100 000 more than Bosh, a double the votes of Paul Pierce, and 7 times the votes of Danny Granger.

He is putting up 11points (at 43%) and 6 boards.

How many years are we from having an all China starting lineup consisting of a crippled Yao, 6th man Yi, and three Chinese D-Leaguers that somehow snuck on the Ballot.
    **** the Chinese; only countries with actual NBA teams should be allowed to vote.