Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Possible that a Young, Healthy Arvydas Sabonis the GOAT center?

One of the most underrated centers ever. Its a shame we couldnt see him in his prime. And he still played very well after his prime in the NBA. One of the best passers of his era. It was always a joy watching him play the game so smart even if it was against the Lakers. Had he played his entire career in the NBA, I think he would be in the discussions of the level of Patrick Ewing. But GOAT?? Not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
    Ah, the weekly Sabonis "would've" thread on ISH.

Have you joined this forum yesterday? And even if you did, what makes you think that he's underrated after you've already seen this ridiculously overrating thread?

Im saying overall he is underrated. Not on Ish bc I could care less what you or others here think. He just never gets talked about ever in media, and he honestly had a bigger impact on the game than he gets credit for. You hear about Vlade Divac but you rarely hear about Sabonis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
    Ah, the weekly Sabonis "would've" thread on ISH.

Have you joined this forum yesterday? And even if you did, what makes you think that he's underrated after you've already seen this ridiculously overrating thread?

Oh, okay. If it was just "Prime Sabonis > every NBA center in history.", I would have the confidence to argue with you.. But all those ">>>>"s have me scared, so I better back off. If it's that many ">>>>"s, then it MUST be true.
    Prime Shaq would have destroyed prime Sabonis, rookie Shaq would have destroyed prime Sabonis and old Shaq would have as well. People always give Sabonis credit for being the only player who could slow down prime Shaq but the fact is everytime shaq got the ball Sabonis was helped by Rasheed Wallace and either Pippen or Shremf everytime Shaq got the ball, so yeh Sabonis plus 2 incredible defenders slowed down Shaq, it wasn't Sabonis doing at all goddamn sons like I said just cuz Sabonis could shoot threes and was so tall you think he's best well look at this foos theres this idiot named Rik Smits who was taller than Sabonis and could shoot better omg prime Shaq dismantled him too. Sabonis yes is probably the best passing center ever, about 3 times passer of Shaq and Shaq is prolly the best passing bigman in the league today, but jusst because he can pass and shoot doesnt make him best center, Shaq is head and shoulders above Sabonis. Heck you all say 39 year old Sabonis dominated euroleague um look at it like this, Shaq goes to euroleague now he would instantly become its best player x2, for one way more contact is allowed there and Shaq would destroy like a nuclear bomb. Marc Gasol was MVP of Spain and do you honestly think Shaq now isn't better than Marc Gasol well I got news for you he is.

There's a fatter, less athletic way shorter 6'9" version of Shaq in greek league who only can last like 7 minutes and he was one of the top european players at one point in his life, seriously even old Shaq would go there and dominate so saying Sabonis did it doesnt mean anything

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

I've seen him play in a few hardwood classic games he difinetly has more skill than Shaq could ever dream of (shooting passing court awarness) but ppl are so acustomed to believe what they're told everday and that's Shaq bla bla bla are the best and nobody else is close. who knows what could've happened if he came in the NBA in his prime

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
    I've seen him play in a few hardwood classic games he difinetly has more skill than Shaq could ever dream of (shooting passing court awarness) but ppl are so acustomed to believe what they're told everday and that's Shaq bla bla bla are the best and nobody else is close. who knows what could've happened if he came in the NBA in his prime
    omg goddamn canadian foos don't know anything about basketball why is there a myth Shaq has no skill, honestly even today in his old age he is the most skilled center in the league behind Tim Duncan but is a much much better passer than Tim is so perhaps it evens out, Shaq has great fundamentals and footwork always has, honestly i dont understand why canadians try to talk about basketball when they usually embarrass themselves everytime they try

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    omg goddamn canadian foos don't know anything about basketball why is there a myth Shaq has no skill, honestly even today in his old age he is the most skilled center in the league behind Tim Duncan but is a much much better passer than Tim is so perhaps it evens out, Shaq has great fundamentals and footwork always has, honestly i dont understand why canadians try to talk about basketball when they usually embarrass themselves everytime they try
    HAHA like some Americans don't embarrass himself (you) everytime you type a word that is supposed to be fools, but you try and gangster it up and leave out the L. You may be the smartest person in the world, but as soon as I see on a consistant basis a person making spelling mistakes I only read the first couple of words and the last couple to try and get an idea of what you are saying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    HAHA like some Americans don't embarrass himself (you) everytime you type a word that is supposed to be fools, but you try and gangster it up and leave out the L. You may be the smartest person in the world, but as soon as I see on a consistant basis a person making spelling mistakes I only read the first couple of words and the last couple to try and get an idea of what you are saying.
    um was clubber lang a gangster no stop thinking foos is gangster

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
    I think Sabonis had more fundamental skills than Shaq and better court awareness, but lets not underrate Shaq's skills. Aside from his freak of nature size and athleticism inhis prime, he was/is one of the most sound big men in the league. His passing and footwork are top notch for a big man. Shaq pure size and strength along with his skill makes him the superior player to Sabonis. Even if Sabonis possessed more skill in other aspects of the game

Banned

um was clubber lang a gangster no stop thinking foos is gangster
    Oh sorry, but you do realize that Clubber Lang is not a real person right? I mean he was a character in a movie.

Banned

Oh sorry, but you do realize that Clubber Lang is not a real person right? I mean he was a character in a movie.
    um yeah Hamlet is just a character in a Shakespeare play it doesn't mean people can't quote Hamlet in everyday situations

Banned

um yeah Hamlet is just a character in a Shakespeare play it doesn't mean people can't quote Hamlet in everyday situations
    Sure it does. Who in the hell sets somebody up to say something in Shakespearian?

Well me being european and seeing Sabas playing in Europe back in the 80's and 90's can tell you that he was greatest european big man ever, in his hay days he was strong, athletic and very efficient and capable scorer, as well as rebounder. However he also had his shortcomings - his personality wasn't the easiest to deal with, his defence was average or maybe just above average and he wasn't a hard worker gor sure...(actually his frst serious Achilleas injury occured when he was partying and being under influence, so to speak). He was great, not sure about GOAT, centers like Kareem and Hakeem are still better

Banned

Sure it does. Who in the hell sets somebody up to say something in Shakespearian?
    you don't need to get set up, people spew crap like "frailty thy name is woman" or "something is rotten in the state of Denmark" all the time, not like normal people like you or I, but like English professors and teachers and crap

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Well me being european and seeing Sabas playing in Europe back in the 80's and 90's can tell you that he was greatest european big man ever, in his hay days he was strong, athletic and very efficient and capable scorer, as well as rebounder. However he also had his shortcomings - his personality wasn't the easiest to deal with, his defence was average or maybe just above average and he wasn't a hard worker gor sure...(actually his frst serious Achilleas injury occured when he was partying and being under influence, so to speak). He was great, not sure about GOAT, centers like Kareem and Hakeem are still better
    hey as a fan of European basketball, tell me how you think Shaq would do right now if he went to Euroleague, I for one think he would be the best player in Europe, seeing as Marc Gasol won ACB MVP and Shaq right now is way better than Marc Gasol plus way more contact is allowed in Euroleague so Shaq could bang way more

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

The game of basketball was INVENTED by a Canadian you stupid stupid child. I'm not gonna go around saying I know more about basketball than anybody because frankly I don't give 2 sh[COLOR="Black"]its[/COLOR] but I've made thousands off dollars of my knowledge thus far so that says somthing, and you really need to get off Shaq's dick.... is Kazzam your favourite movie to?