Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: Say Hello to your 2009 DPOY - Mr. Kobe Bean Bryant

Kobe Bryant has the most overrated defense of any star I've ever seen. I am constantly seeing Lebron or Wade block someone or get in the passing lanes and get a steal. Yet Kobe is on every nationally televised game and it's a chuck fest. I don't see any special defense.

He is an above average defender but not better than guys like Wade or Lebron. Hell, Shane Battier, Artest, and Bowen are all better defenders than Kobe.

Gots Ta Be Li Showtam! The Magic Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Kobe Bryant has the most overrated defense of any star I've ever seen. I am constantly seeing Lebron or Wade block someone or get in the passing lanes and get a steal. Yet Kobe is on every nationally televised game and it's a chuck fest. I don't see any special defense.

He is an above average defender but not better than guys like Wade or Lebron. Hell, Shane Battier, Artest, and Bowen are all better defenders than Kobe.
    That's the problem with a lot of guys on this site. I don't claim to watch every single NBA game but I can comment on what I see. A lot of you guys will watch Kobe/ LBJ/ Wade 5-6 times a year and form an oppinion on those games alone. Kobe has a bad game on tv 3 times while Wade has 3 great games, now Wade >>>>>>>>>>>Kobe? Foolishness.

Bol'd over

He gets defensive first team by rep alone. His man D is not that special