Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mavs = Retarded for trading Devin Harris...

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    I see what your saying but the Mavs could easily trade for a PG like Raymond Felton who I heard was on the trading block to make up for Devin Harris, Harris can be replace it not like the Mavs traded away Chris Paul or something that's all I'm trying to say, the Mavs were trying to give them Jason Terry but the Nets wanted Devin and Dirk put a gun(not really) to Cuban's head and Cuban did the trade, Cuban shouldn't even be getting bashed the way he is becasue all he did was sign off on the trade when Dirk was the person that wanted Jason Kidd all along because he didn't think Devin could lead the Mavs to a title.

What the Mavs gave up to get Jason Kidd

Devin Harris
    Trenton Hassell (huge contract)
    Maurice Ager (bust)
    Keith Van Horn (Didn't even play)
    DeSagana Diop (resigned with the Mavs)
    2008 first-round draft
    2010 first-round draft

All the Mavs gave up was Devin Harris but the only thing that makes me mad about the trade is that we added thoes 1st first round draft picks that's the only thing I'm mad about.
    Raymond Felton is not Devin Harris by any stretch of the imagination. This trade overall if just going to leave them in a huge hole in about a year. This is what you're looking at because of this trade:

-They could sneak into the playoffs, but I personally don't think they'll make it.
    -Kidd could leave this offseason if he chooses to since he will see the Mavs are going no where.
    -The Mavs will have no first round pick next season after most likely hitting the lottery
    -Dirk will be on the downside of his career and be leading a depleted team.
    -They will have to start rebuilding at some point, trading off their big pieces in an attempt to get some young talent that they lost in this trade.

As for what the Nets got:

-Devin Harris, a Top 3 PG in the East (Tony Parker even said he was happy to see him go, he didn't wanna deal with him anymore)
    -Trenton Hassell, not a huge contract, expires after next season for 2010
    -Maurice Ager, his option was declined, he's gone after this season
    -Keith Van Horn, more cap room
    -DeSagna Diop, who now clogs the Mavs cap and doesn't even play that well
    -2008 First Rounder, which turned into Ryan Anderson, a very intriguing young player for the Nets, 2nd right now in 3PT%
    -2010 First Rounder, which will undoubtedly be a lottery pick that is unprotected.

The Mavs got:

-Jason Kidd, still one of my all-time favorites, but I think will be gone after this year
    -Antoine Wright, will be gone after this season
    -Malik Allen, I believe he's already gone no?

Wow, great job there Marky...........

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    yeah, he is on the Bucks with Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by marla07860
    yeah, he is on the Bucks with Jefferson
    Malik was a beast wasnt he
    You guys remember when he scored 18 against the heat

Saw a basketball once

statistics wise that was a dumb trade but u also have to look at other situations....look at steve nash w/mavs.......steve nash w/suns...the later earned him 2 mvp awards in row......harris fits in better with the nets than he did wit the mavs.

Mavs = Just plain retarded.

Raymond Felton is not Devin Harris by any stretch of the imagination. This trade overall if just going to leave them in a huge hole in about a year. This is what you're looking at because of this trade:

-They could sneak into the playoffs, but I personally don't think they'll make it.
    -Kidd could leave this offseason if he chooses to since he will see the Mavs are going no where.
    -The Mavs will have no first round pick next season after most likely hitting the lottery
    -Dirk will be on the downside of his career and be leading a depleted team.
    -They will have to start rebuilding at some point, trading off their big pieces in an attempt to get some young talent that they lost in this trade.

As for what the Nets got:

-Devin Harris, a Top 3 PG in the East (Tony Parker even said he was happy to see him go, he didn't wanna deal with him anymore)
    -Trenton Hassell, not a huge contract, expires after next season for 2010
    -Maurice Ager, his option was declined, he's gone after this season
    -Keith Van Horn, more cap room
    -DeSagna Diop, who now clogs the Mavs cap and doesn't even play that well
    -2008 First Rounder, which turned into Ryan Anderson, a very intriguing young player for the Nets, 2nd right now in 3PT%
    -2010 First Rounder, which will undoubtedly be a lottery pick that is unprotected.

The Mavs got:

-Jason Kidd, still one of my all-time favorites, but I think will be gone after this year
    -Antoine Wright, will be gone after this season

Wow, great job there Marky...........

WOW Marky you made your team sound like there going to the Finals this season great job........

When I said Marky, I was referring to Mark Cuban who made the deal for Dallas.

And where did I say they'd win this year. I pointed out the Nets recieved cap space, draft picks and Devin Harris...

When I said Marky, I was referring to Mark Cuban who made the deal for Dallas.

And where did I say they'd win this year. I pointed out the Nets recieved cap space, draft picks and Devin Harris...

Ok but your acting like the Mavs didn't get anything good for Harris...the Mavs got rid of Devin Harris huge 5 year contract and got an huge expiring contract/trade peace in Jason Kidd to rebuild with at the trade deadline if the team look like there not going anywhere, As the Diop...he can be trade...the Bobcats and Heat were interested in him in the offseason so he can be traded.

Ok but your acting like the Mavs didn't get anything good for Harris...the Mavs got rid of Devin Harris huge 5 year contract and got an huge expiring contract/trade peace in Jason Kidd to rebuild with at the trade deadline if the team look like there not going anywhere, As the Diop...he can be trade...the Bobcats and Heat were interested in him in the offseason so he can be traded.
    After this season, they won't have anything to show for the trade other than some cap room. That's not the way anyone should be making deals.

Just because teams wanted Diop in the offseason, that doesn't mean they want him now...no one wants to take on long-term contracts like that anymore. He's signed for 5 years.

The Mavs got even at best...
    Huge 5 year contract, LMAO he is a young stud, they resigned him in the beggining of last season...

The Harris trade seemed to be a smart trade for me but the RJ trade was just way too disgusting...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    The Harris trade seemed to be a smart trade for me but the RJ trade was just way too disgusting...
    Eh... we look like the same team w/o him anyways

apparently none of you know how to look past the current season.

that was the first step in clearing cap room for the 2010 FA class which is going to be off the charts.

So, let's break into a few categories. First up, let's start with the stars whose contracts expire following the 2009-2010 season and will then become honest-to-goodness free agents:

Joe Johnson
    Ray Allen
    Manu Ginobili
    Marcus Camby
    Tracey McGrady
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Brad Miller
    Stephen Jackson
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Mike Miller
    Rip Hamilton

The next grouping is those players that are signed thru 2011, but can opt out in 2010 if they so choose:
    Amare Stoudamire (owed 17.7 million in 10/11)
    LeBron James (owed 17.2 million in 10/11)
    Dwayne Wade (owed 17.0 million in 10/11)
    Chris Bosh (owed 17.1 million in 10/11)
    Dirk Nowitzki (owed $21.5 million in 10/11)
    Josh Howard (owed $11.8 million in 10/11)
    Mike Redd (owed $18.3 million in 10/11)
    Tyson Chandler (owed $12.8 million in 10/11)

This next list consists of contracts that are set to expire in 2010, but the player may choose to opt-out following the 2008-2009 season:
    Steve Nash (owed $13.1 million in 09-10)
    Carlos Boozer (owed $12.7 million in 09-10)
    Chris Paul (owed $6 million in 09-10 / almost certain to sign an extension before becoming unrestricted)
    Memo Okur (owed $9.0 million in 09-10)
    Hedo Turkoglu (owed $7.4 million in 09-10)

In addition to the superstars listed above, these 'second-tier' players are set to hit the open market as well:
    Ben Wallace
    Larry Hughes
    Zydrunas Ilgauskas (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
    Anderson Varejao (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
    Al Harrington
    Darko Milicic
    Udonis Haslem
    Jamal Crawford (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
    Eddy Curry (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
    Amir Johnson
    Derek Fisher
    Raja Bell
    T.J. Ford (player option - owed $8.5 million in 10/11)
    Travis Outlaw
    Bruce Bowen
    Earl Watson
    Luke Ridnour
    Matt Harpring
    Quentin Richardson
    Damien Wilkins

We also must include the list of players that will actually eventually have value due solely to the fact their contracts come off the books in the summer of 2010:
    Jerome James (proof that Isiah Thomas knew what he was doing all along!)
    Cuttino Mobley
    Brendan Haywood
    Tim Thomas
    Brian Cardinal
    Antonio Davis
    Mark Blount
    Bobby Simmons
    Troy Hudson
    Darius Miles
    Kenny Thomas
    Shareef Abdul-Rahim
    Matt Bonner
    Etan Thomas

Last, but not least, we have the 2006 Draft Class. These players will all be restricted free-agents in 2010, if they haven't already been inked to extensions:
    Brandon Roy
    Rudy Gay
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Andrea Bargnani
    Rajon Rondo
    Tyrus Thomas
    Kyle Lowry
    Randy Foye
    Marcus Williams
    Josh Boone
    Renaldo Balkman
    Sergio Rodriguez
    Ronnie Brewer
    2010 FAs link

They see that Dirk is getting older and have set themselves up for wholesale change if need be. Right now only Diop and Terry are guaranteed on the Mavs cap for that season. They will be major players in the FA market that year.

Mavs salaries link
    Last edited by kentatm; 11-22-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Yi's having a good night tonight. It's too early to know how good he'll be in the end. But in the end, it will have been smart trade. Not necessarily a steal that Rod is known for, but a steal nonetheless.

Yi's having a good night tonight. It's too early to know how good he'll be in the end. But in the end, it will have been smart trade. Not necessarily a steal that Rod is known for, but a steal nonetheless.
    a pick woulda made it a steal.. i say even trade for what both teams are doing