Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron rips Barkley, says 'he's stupid'

Quote Originally Posted by gleden
    Barkley was the one who started this **** by saying that Lebron should shut the hell up
    Barkley is right. He's giving Bron some advice. Lebron should stfu and stop doing things to make people think he might leave. I mean come on, buying hot dogs for everyone, debuting new shoes, etc. etc. Hopefully Lebron listens instead of going back and forth with Barkley. And lol at the OP exaggerating like Lebron had really said something bad. "Rips Barkley"?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Its disrespectful to defend yourself from someone who notoriously speaks his mind to a national audience? You kids know nothing.
    actually, there's a right way to handle it and a wrong way.... hopefully 'bron will listen to his PR folks and make the right comments rather than let himself get impacted by every single reporter/television personality who has an opinion on the subject. it is a business and 'bron should make sure to treat it as such so that he does nothing to tarnish his image, perceived or real.

Bron said nothing wrong. Nor has he ever talked about what he will do. Its the hot topic right now. Its no mystery Bron will be a bigtime FA in 2010. No mystery teams along with NYK and trying to clear cap room to lure him. Sports media is all over this. Even Barkley/Kenny talk about it. So Bron is constantly hounded about it and he answers the best way he can...and Barkley bytches? lol

Its disrespectful to defend yourself from someone who notoriously speaks his mind to a national audience? You kids know nothing.
    He could have taking the high road like other marque players have done in this league (AI, Kobe) who have been criticized by Barkley in the past. Especially considering LeBron is like twice younger then Sir Charles.

We all know by know that Barkley has an extraverted personality, he is a damn NBA analyst, you're in the NBA making million, I'm sure you could brush off a childish comment made by Barkley. Instead LeBron showcases his true persona; his persona and his phoniness goes together like shit and flies.

Bron said nothing wrong. Nor has he ever talked about what he will do. Its the hot topic right now. Its no mystery Bron will be a bigtime FA in 2010. No mystery teams along with NYK and trying to clear cap room to lure him. Sports media is all over this. Even Barkley/Kenny talk about it. So Bron is constantly hounded about it and he answers the best way he can...and Barkley bytches? lol

he could have defended himself without name calling.

and him not talking about what he will do doesn't mean he isn't playing up the situation. that hot dog stunt was pretty attention-whorish.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    is lebron going to become the new kobe????

I think LeBron will win his MVP ala Kobe 2008. He's going to averaged 28 ppg, 8 rpg, 8 apg, and his team winning 58 games.

Cavs and the Lakers are the hottest teams in the League.

LeBron and Kobe doesn't need to play in the 4th quarter because their respective teams are blowing their opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I think LeBron will win his MVP ala Kobe 2008. He's going to averaged 28 ppg, 8 rpg, 8 apg, and his team winning 58 games.

Cavs and the Lakers are the hottest teams in the NBA
    LeBron and Kobe doesn't need to play in the 4th quarter because their respective teams are blowing their opponents.
    He meant personality wise, not production wise man.
    And you forgot Boston...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    he could have defended himself without name calling.

and him not talking about what he will do doesn't mean he isn't playing up the situation. that hot dog stunt was pretty attention-whorish.
    It was not him that bought them. It was Nike giving them out. Get your facts straight.

Any way LeBron should nto talk out about this stuff. He should have shrugged Barkely off for the joke he has become and let it be that. Now Barkley is going to come back and say some dumb stuff and LeBron is going to and blah blah blah. This is going to start a war between the best player in the world and the best eater.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

where's sir charles? i really want to see him in this thread :)

If I was Lebron, i wouldve just responded like this: "Oh Charles said that??? he just mad cuz he didnt get a free hot dog."

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    It was not him that bought them. It was Nike giving them out. Get your facts straight.

Any way LeBron should nto talk out about this stuff. He should have shrugged Barkely off for the joke he has become and let it be that. Now Barkley is going to come back and say some dumb stuff and LeBron is going to and blah blah blah. This is going to start a war between the best player in the world and the best eater.
    does that change what i'm saying? nike did it with lebron's approval. and it's still pretty inappropriate. learn to connect the dots.

He could have taking the high road like other marque players have done in this league (AI, Kobe) who have been criticized by Barkley in the past. Especially considering LeBron is like twice younger then Sir Charles.

We all know by know that Barkley has an extraverted personality, he is a damn NBA analyst, you're in the NBA making million, I'm sure you could brush off a childish comment made by Barkley. Instead LeBron showcases his true persona; his persona and his phoniness goes together like **** and flies.
    Right...fans slam Bron for his political correctness he throws out there. Some get annoyed and want some more real, blunt, raw responses. He gives a snippet and we're up in arms? He's handled his career better than any young player. Straight from HS he displayed a level of maturity not many could. "He's stupid" is generating these kind of reactions? When Barkley made a career being an immature jackass and says alot of similar things on TNT. But thats just Charles, he has a cool personality. You realize people love Charles personality because he isnt politically correct? But with Bron because he is a player he has to take the shots? Comedy.

You dont believe that you type. What u do believe is here is ur golden chance to slam Bron as Kobe has been for similar comments. Bron is the leagues face right now. So here is ur stage to avenge the Kobe slights over the years.

Have at it homie.

You're reaching. But its Bron so everything he says/do will be magnified.

Banned

You're reaching. But its Bron so everything he says/do will be magnified.
    how is that reaching..on the day that was a media extraganza all about his free agency he buys everyone in NY a hot dog? coincidence? has he ever done such a thing to a visiting team?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    does that change what i'm saying? nike did it with lebron's approval. and it's still pretty inappropriate. learn to connect the dots.
    He will be doing the same thing with LA and Miami when he releases his shoes there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    how is that reaching..on the day that was a media extraganza all about his free agency he buys everyone in NY a hot dog? coincidence? has he ever done such a thing to a visiting team?
    He just unvelied a shoe that was made for NY and he wants some NYers to buy them. Hmm lets think about this. He did it for the attention he would bring to his brand not because he is going to NY. That is a very stupid reason to think he is going to NY and in fact I am laughing at you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    He will be doing the same thing with LA and Miami when he releases his shoes there.
    just because it might augment his shoe sales doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous. or disrespectful.

was that supposed to be a justification? or were you just reporting ideas?