Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: Zach Randolph on Elton Brand: "He ain't better than me"

This season hands down zbo is better than brand offensively, on defense yea hate to admit it but I give that to brand.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    In their head-to-head matchup this year

Elton Brand

31 mins
    24 pts
    14 rebs
    2 assists
    3 blocks
    12-19 fg

Zach Randolph

30 mins
    12 pts
    7 rebs
    2 assists
    0 blocks
    5-19 fg

Sixers won 116-87. Randolph's got balls for that comment.
    Yep but the sixers still stink. Augustin and Felton went crazy on them last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Yep but the sixers still stink. Augustin and Felton went crazy on them last night.
    Just curious...do you even have a team?

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    This season hands down zbo is better than brand offensively, on defense yea hate to admit it but I give that to brand.
    ehm... anybody in a D'antoni system will put up more points than in any other system. the sixers system currently doesnt work too good, playing half court set ups, with pick & rolls, especially if you have a pg who doesnt get the concept of pick & roll and doesnt have the qualities to make it a success.

so no, scoring more points doesnt perse say someone is better offensively.

I've been saying for a long time Elton Brand is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. In nine seasons, Brand's teams made the playoffs ONE TIME. Give me a break.

And Philly's off to a mediocre start....

I'm tired of hearing about these "stars" that can't help their teams win. Yet they keep collecting the megaCash.

Elton Brand will be one of those forgettable stars we talk about. Once he retires, you'll never think about him again.........
    Last edited by bagelred; 11-25-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I've been saying for a long time Elton Brand is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. In nine seasons, Brand's teams made the playoffs ONE TIME. Give me a break.

And Philly's off to a mediocre start....

I'm tired of hearing about these stars that can't help their teams win. Yet they keep collecting the megaCash.
    I'm tired of posters who don't watch a game and still judge a team/player. How many games did you see by the Sixers? If there's one player who doesnt deserve blame on that squad it is Brand (or Young).

How is Brand overrated? By coaches and fans who got him two All Star berths? Bacause he has an All NBA second team appearance? Because he was on the all rookie team and co-rookie of the year?

That's all the official recognition this career 20/10/2+ player has gotten. The only time EVER Brand was overrated by many people was in 05-06 when people mentioned him as MVP candidate.At no point in time did loads of people overrate him.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    The west was nowhere near as brutal back then as it is now... to say that ZBO needs to advance to the 2nd round or better to prove his worth is wrong. Shoot, for most of Elton's time in LA, the lakers, nuggets, hornets, blazers, and jazz were all horrible teams.
    This is simply not true. Sure, last year's West was better but not this year. In 2005/2006 it took 44 wins to secure a playoff spot. I'd expect about the same this year.

Just because the Hornets and Blazers were worse than doesn't mean it was weaker than. The Grizzlies were much, much better (49 wins) as were the Mavs (60 wins) and the Kings (44 wins). The Jazz were still an okay team with 41 wins. I think we'll see that this year's west will be on par with the 2005/2006 season.

With the talent on the Clippers team they should be able to contend for a playoff birth. That alone would make me think Zach may be on the same level as Brand. Until then he's not.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    Zbo can ball, he is really underrated. who gives a flying fluck about D when he can put up 21-23 pts a night with 11-12 rebs, while sprinkling in some threes. Not to mention he shoots great from FT for a big.
    You're smarter than this bb4life.

NBA rookie of the year

Brand's best season
    24.7 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.6 apg, 2.5 bpg, 1.0 spg, 52.7 FG%, 77.5 FT%, 47 wins, 2nd round

Brand's career
    20.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.6 apg, 2.0 bpg, 0.9 spg, 50.3 FG%, 73.8 FT%
    1999-2000 Rookie Of The Year
    2-time all-star
    2006 all-nba second team

Randolph's best season
    23.6 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 2.2 apg, 0.2 bpg, 0.8 spg, 46.7 FG%, 81.9 FT%, 32 wins

Randolph's career
    16.4 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.6 apg, 0.2 bpg, 0.7 spg, 46.4 FG%, 77.6 FT%
    2003-2004 Most Improved Player

Since Randolph started playing significant minutes, his team has never made the playoffs.

The stats also only begin to tell how much better Brand's defense is, how much higher his basketball IQ is and how much better his passing ability is.

As someone else said, Randolph's current supporting cast is easily comparable to Brand's 2005-2006 team. Lets see if he can accomplish near what Brand did.

Brand nearly made it to the Western Conference Finals and he got a lot of MVP consideration.

Local High School Star

i agree wit zbo

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    ehm... anybody in a D'antoni system will put up more points than in any other system. the sixers system currently doesnt work too good, playing half court set ups, with pick & rolls, especially if you have a pg who doesnt get the concept of pick & roll and doesnt have the qualities to make it a success.

so no, scoring more points doesnt perse say someone is better offensively.
    Elton brand this year, THIS YEAR is no way better than him reguardless on what teams they play on, so I guess kwame brown would score 20 points and 20 rebounds in coach d's system??? I don't think so.

That's all the official recognition this career 20/10/2+ player has gotten. The only time EVER Brand was overrated by many people was in 05-06 when people mentioned him as MVP candidate.At no point in time did loads of people overrate him.
    I see. But Randolph is a 20/10/2 player and he's garbage right?

Obviously Brand is a great player, but until someone, you know, actually BRINGS THEIR TEAM INTO THE PLAYOFFS (besides once), then maybe we shouldn't go orgasmic every time Brand's name is mentioned.

OMG....Elton Brand.......(orgasm).......

I just think there are certain franchise players you win with and other franchise players you don't. Brand seems to be a franchise player you don't win with. So why pay him max money?

Knicks did right thing, get rid of high priced players you won't win with, and hold out for the top prizes. Maybe Philly should have done the same....maybe......

Quote Originally Posted by craiye
    With the talent on the Clippers team they should be able to contend for a playoff birth. That alone would make me think Zach may be on the same level as Brand. Until then he's not.

talent does not equal wins. the squad with miles, rich, maggs, miller, brand, odom had loads of talent, but its not a team.

construct a team the right way and they'll win. sam cassel was the first and only pick & roll player brand ever played with.

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    Elton brand this year, THIS YEAR is no way better than him reguardless on what teams they play on, so I guess kwame brown would score 20 points and 20 rebounds in coach d's system??? I don't think so.
    stephen jackson and jamal crawford are better offensive players than iverson, pierce and paul, right?

Didnt say you said so, it was just an addition to a good point.
    gotcha and agreed