Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Zach Randolph on Elton Brand: "He ain't better than me"

Asked whether he was comfortable trying to fill the shoes left by Elton Brand, Randolph laughed, then confidently said, "Shoot, he ain't better than me. He ain't better than me."
    http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_11067360

Zach's confidence level is crazy. Offensively Z-Bo's a beast but Elton is a better defender by far.

Discuss

Default Re: Zach Randolph on Elton Brand: "He ain't better than me"

Z-Bo has clearly been rocking Swagger from Old Spice.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_11067360

Zach's confidence level is crazy. Offensively Z-Bo's a beast but Elton is a better defender by far.

Discuss

I'll believe it when the Clipps make the playoffs and advance to the second round. This squad has as much talent as the Clipps team a few years ago that did that (especially if they can turn Camby or Kaman into a quality SG) except they aren't gelling well. ZBO isn't going to help that with his black-hole mindset and poor shot selection.

Yeah, Z-Bo just went swag

One thing is for sure, Zach at least has more confidence and is more vocal then Elton ever was. Offensively, Zach is better, but the gap on the defensive side of the ball is bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by craiye

I'll believe it when the Clipps make the playoffs and advance to the second round. This squad has as much talent as the Clipps team a few years ago that did that (especially if they can turn Camby or Kaman into a quality SG) except they aren't gelling well. ZBO isn't going to help that with his black-hole mindset and poor shot selection.
    Sam Cassell was the reason the Clippers turned things around, not Elton....

Its always good to have confidence but over confidence can be a detriment. No chance he is better than Brand. Maybe slightly offensively but he has to know why his names have been in trade talks ever since arriving to NY. And he has to realize there is a reason no one wanted his ass. But I like his confidence as long as it doesnt go to his head.

20/10 this year so far.

I've watched all of NYK's game and Zach was slowing becoming my favorite player. The only bad thing was obviously his defense. Plays with heart though and he'll be a beast on the glass

Dude is going to give you 100%

Zbo can ball, he is really underrated. who gives a flying fluck about D when he can put up 21-23 pts a night with 11-12 rebs, while sprinkling in some threes. Not to mention he shoots great from FT for a big.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    Zbo can ball, he is really underrated. who gives a flying fluck about D when he can put up 21-23 pts a night with 11-12 rebs, while sprinkling in some threes. Not to mention he shoots great from FT for a big.

LOL, that's why other PF's assasin him. He's gotta play D

And the opposing PF drops 20 himself and cancels out Zach. Thats the key problem right there.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Zach is pretty confident and also OFFENSE minded. Some players like to look at one side of the court more than the other. That is what I think Zach likes to do. Zach is a better rebounder than Brand too.

I think Brand is kind of declining now that he is older. Maybe not as much as if he was 35, but he isn't the same player he was a couple years ago. Injuries?

Zach still isn't better at this point than Brand...maybe in value of tomorrow? No telling... (I know they're not that different age-wise)

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Sam Cassell was the reason the Clippers turned things around, not Elton....
    I never said that Elton was the reason the Clipps turned around, however Brand WAS the focal point of the offense that year. How do you think they would have fared with ZBO in his place?

Brand at least passes the ball, doesn't chuck up bad 3s and gets back to play defense. There's no WAY the Clippers would have made it to the playoffs with ZBO in Brand's place that year. Of course, they wouldn't have without Cassell either.

The thing is, they have a very capable PG in Baron this year, so if Zach really wants to prove himself as better than Brand, he has the opportunity. I just don't see it happening (or coming anywhere close to happening).

lol. Defense wins championships man. If your bigs cant defend, you will get very very exposed in a playoff series. Defensive liabilities become very apparant in the playoffs. Unless you have a great team D, then you will struggle

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    And the opposing PF drops 20 himself and cancels out Zach. Thats the key problem right there.

That happens with Brand as well.

You have to give Zach credit. His stats are great and through all the bad stuff in NY, I don't remember hearing too much about this bad attitude he supposedly brings to a team. Far as i can tell, he acted professionally through his whole time as a Knick.

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    20/10 this year so far.

I've watched all of NYK's game and Zach was slowing becoming my favorite player. The only bad thing was obviously his defense. Plays with heart though and he'll be a beast on the glass

Dude is going to give you 100%

yeah, it's funny cause Zach has always been one of those players that I've been inexplicably drawn to watching. He doesn't look like he should be able to do a lot of things he does, and not only that but he does them so effortlessly.

He never looks emotional or fired up after he makes a big or difficult shot, he just goes on to the next play like nothing happened. At the same time, he never appears upset or distraut after he completely screws something up. He just goes with the flow and plays his game and thats it.

I dunno man. On paper it seems like this should be a big boost for the Clippers. But in reality it's hard to justifiably believe that on the court a guy like Zach Randolph is gonna suddenly have the impact to make them relevant. Either way it will at least be really interesting to watch.