Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: 5 most overrated players ever

Quote Originally Posted by KB42PAH
    He came out of american college basketball still.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    To even think nash is a better shooter than Pete is crazy.
    Nash is in another league dude.

Nash = perfect shooting fundamentals.

pete = uncoordinated, awkward release.

Go watch some tape.

Good college starter

Nash is in another league dude.

Nash = perfect shooting fundamentals.

pete = uncoordinated, awkward release.

Go watch some tape.

shooting fundamentals only count if the ball isnt going in. The ball was going in for pete some other players who didnt have a perfect release yet were still good shooters Jammal Wilks World B Free

Banned

shooting fundamentals only count if the ball isnt going in. The ball was going in for pete some other players who didnt have a perfect release yet were still good shooters Jammal Wilks World B Free

Nash blows pete out of the water at 3pt% , FT% and FG% - so what are you talking about?

Nash blows pete out of the water at 3pt% , FT% and FG% - so what are you talking about?
    You said FG% was meaningless when talking about how good a shooter is! LOL hypocrite.

I agree about everything you said. Selfish selfish selfish.

Wilt took almost 50 shots a game to score 50 ppg. That is terrible. Kobe, Bron Dwight Duncan **** almost anybody could score 50 on 50. The fact that he was way taller than everyone else certainly helped his rebound rates. Now if Wilt played he would be lucky to get 30 10, plus his teammates would be so pissed because he was taking 30+ shots a night. If any of todays players played back when Wilt did they'd be considered GOAT (I mean star players).
    First of all, you don't seem to be knowledgable enough to know that Wilt shot and scored so because he was told to do so and that his teammates never expressed negative feelings about it.

Second, since when is 39.5 equal to almost 50?

Third, you ignore that Wilt was not allowed (+didn't want) to play like Shaq, aka, get the ball, throw an elbow and bulldoze the opponent and then dunk. Playing under today's rules against his rivals, he'd have no problem taking less shots to get his 50.

Fourth, certain scorers like kobe have the luxury of the 3-pointer. Kobe would have 9 50-point games instead of 23 had 3-pointers not existed and in these games, he actually averaged 39.1 shots per game. Hmmm...

Fifth, if Dwight, LeBron and others had been able to take 50 shots and be productive, they would. That's like dissing Jordan's scoring and saying that if Shaq took as many shots, he'd score more. Doesn't matter and Jordan is still considered a better scorer.

Sixth (relative to #3), Wilt was among the most effective scorers of his day, as well, regardless of # of shots taken. Kobe is efficient only if you compare him to other high scorers.

Seventh, 1962 was far from Wilt's most effective season. There are plenty of seasons when he could score more than 50.4 if he took as many shots as he did in '62 (similarly to your own argument).

Eighth, Wilt became a much better team player after '67 in order to blend with his teammates better. He scored 24.1 ppg on 14.2 fga in '67 (you know, at the same age with current Kobe). He led the league in assists in '68. He took less than 10 shots per game in '72 & '73 and still remained an MVP candidate. I doubt Kobe will ever get close to any of these.
    Last edited by Psileas; 11-15-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    You said FG% was meaningless when talking about how good a shooter is! LOL hypocrite.
    Because his bball iq is at a certian level - you must drop down to their level when you talk to them so that they can understand.

The fact that he was way taller than everyone else certainly helped his rebound rates.
    The fact that Shaq is way bigger than everyone else certainly helps him dominate. The fact that Jordan was more athletic than everyone else certainly helped him do the same. The fact that LeBron is bigger and more athletic than his personal opponents certainly helps him today. What's your point? Not to mention that, apart from Wilt, never since (or maybe once, at best) was the tallest player in the league the leading rebounder.

Now if Wilt played he would be lucky to get 30 10, plus his teammates would be so pissed because he was taking 30+ shots a night. If any of todays players played back when Wilt did they'd be considered GOAT (I mean star players).
    Yeah, especially these 10 rebounds would be really tough for Wilt to get...You need real athletic monsters like Duncan and Biedrins or huge guys like Odom and Jamison to see it nowadays. Wilt would really struggle, right!

1 Stefon Mulburry Star ego with a average players game.Everytime he leaves a team that team gets better.

2 Bill Walton Only 3 great years and he's a TOP 50 player and HOF

3 Vince Carter Great dunker gifted player and it all adds up he good not great.

4 Shawn Kemp had a few years with some good numbers but for the most part he was better at making babies than basketball

5 A Sabonis One of the first of the big soft Euro players he was so soft he makes Dirk look like KImbo Slice
    Enough with the VC bashing, seriously it's really old...

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    The fact that Shaq is way bigger than everyone else certainly helps him dominate. The fact that Jordan was more athletic than everyone else certainly helped him do the same. The fact that LeBron is bigger and more athletic than his personal opponents certainly helps him today. What's your point? Not to mention that, apart from Wilt, never since (or maybe once, at best) was the tallest player in the league the leading rebounder.

Yeah, especially these 10 rebounds would be really tough for Wilt to get...You need real athletic monsters like Duncan and Biedrins or huge guys like Odom and Jamison to see it nowadays. Wilt would really struggle, right!
    This lack of respect and knowledge for the game takes most of the fun out of having such topics.For anyone to think that if Wilt played today hed be some kinda bum is crazy and just saying things to be saying them. I can entertain a debate that Shaq is better or that kareem is better but for posters to say Russell and Wilt would be bums makes little sense.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease kps's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glove_20
    1. Iverson- Pretty obvious no explanation needed

2. Tiny Archibald

3. Pete Maravich

4. Bill Walton

5. Oscar Robertson

Iverson? Oscar Robertson? Only thing obvious is that you post too often and alot of it bs

National High School Star allball's Avatar

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa!

I know I'm late but did this fool call Sabonis soft??????????????

I'm speechless

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Obviously the T/A typed that out.

NBA lottery pick

Whoever just said that Pete would be a scrub in today's game, is immediately on my ignore list.

You're calling Pete Maravich a scrub in today's game? If Pete Maravich played today, then he would be a Top 10 player.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa!

I know I'm late but did this fool call Sabonis soft??????????????

I'm speechless

Soft as a sponge cake