Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: 2008/09 Pre/Post-game Thoughts

Fun game against the Lakers last night, but another tough loss.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

That last play, and in effect I suppose the loss, is on JOB. Maybe I need to watch it again, but once Vujajic closed off Jr, there was no other option for Foster. If that's the play you're going to go with fine, but if you want a big on this team passing out of the high post, it's Rasho. Rasho could have also actually hit that shot if they closed off Jr, he wouldn't have stood there and acted like a deer in headlights like Jeff.

The 6th foul on Danny was obviously a killer, and say what you want about it being the iffy call it was, but Danny's got to recognize who he's guarding. I don't think Danny should've been on him with 5 fouls in the first place, but he was. You're guarding one of the elite players in the league at home, you've got to have the wherewithal to recognize that and don't give the ref any opportunity to blow the whistle.

Exactly. This loss was on OB.

I wish we could fire him this year, but with us still in the fight, we have to keep him, otherwise all hope is basically lost.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jim's attitude, and him as a person in general, but *sigh* his playcalling just isn't getting it done. It sucks to say that since he's such a nice guy, but seriously.

Another horrible loss.

Granger comes through in the clutch, and then we can't even get him the ball back at the end.

the fighting mongooses Miller Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Another horrible loss.

Granger comes through in the clutch, and then we can't even get him the ball back at the end.
    J.OB drew up the exact same play that he did against the Lakers. Dunleavy inbounds it to Foster and gets it back (this time he actually got the ball back) but he bricked it.

Why didn't they just give Granger the ball!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time
    J.OB drew up the exact same play that he did against the Lakers. Dunleavy inbounds it to Foster and gets it back (this time he actually got the ball back) but he bricked it.

Why didn't they just give Granger the ball!!!
    **** if I know...

OB was like, "I WILL get this play to work!"

Default Re: 2008-09 Pre/Post-Game Thoughts

Big week starting on Sunday, great way to get a kick start with a win against Houston tonight.

We've got Charlotte at home on Sunday, at Orlando on Tuesday, Milwaukee at home on Wednesday, Miami at home Friday, then Knicks at home on Saturday. Five games in a week may be killer, but if we can come out of that with 4 wins we may be sitting in the 8 seed at the end of the week.

It's obvious with the most recent rotations with Rush and Hibbert not seeing very big minutes that we're making a push to get to .500 now. Mike being back has the offensive ball movement very much improved, that guy is just as big a part of our success as Danny. A shortened rotation of veterans is keeping the opponent off the FT line so early. I really think we're a consistent block scoring piece away from being a GOOD team. Get a guy like Pat Patterson in the draft and if Hibbert can progress into a post presence on D w/o fouling and Rush improves upon his already ahead of his age perimeter D (albeit inconsistent) we're in pretty good shape.

I agree.

The turnovers were down tonight, and I think we can keep it up. We're only 3.5 games out of the playoffs at this point, and as you said, we could potentially be in the 8th spot by next week.

Tj Ford choked at the line!!!

Wolves gave us that game and we gave it right back. They turned it over at least twice in the final 30 seconds. Then we can't hit FTs. Color me surprised Danny missed that 3 for the tie though.

Then not fouling on the very last possession. You're down three, one possession. The ball was dribbled right past at least two guys who could've committed a foul. WTF!

And Danny goes out of the game in the 2nd quarter. Hate to the be the I told ya so guy...but resting the knee instead of going to PHX is looking pretty good right now.

Man we looked weak on sunday, I cant believe we beat the bulls, ben was tearin us up all game long, Murphy was throwin junk up, marquis couldnt hold the ball, and roy kept hookin up air, but we got a w, guess thats what counts.