Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
    Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Official Nightly game thread.

He is playing worse every season.
    i guess, he was almost most improved last season, this season isnt even over thats not even 1 whole season....

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    Do you really think he is gonna improve in Memphis, the way this team play? He is playing worse every season.

If you want Mayo to be your first scorer, Gay is near useless. Trade him now, because his value will drop every season.
    Playing worse every season? This is only his third season and he improved incredibly from his rookie season to his sophmore season. He's only had a disappointing season this year.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Playing worse every season? This is only his third season and he improved incredibly from his rookie season to his sophmore season. He's only had a disappointing season this year.
    In points per game, of course he improved a lot from his rookie season. But look to his percentages and you will see he didn't improve a lot, just he took a lot more shots.

And he's having a horrible season, but he only shoots, shoots and shoots. He won't be ever a franchise player, and he won't let the good core (Conley - Mayo - Gasol) to develop. Memphis need Gay out of the team, the sooner the better (if the team waits, his value will fall more and more).

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    In points per game, of course he improved a lot from his rookie season. But look to his percentages and you will see he didn't improve a lot, just he took a lot more shots.

And he's having a horrible season, but he only shoots, shoots and shoots. He won't be ever a franchise player, and he won't let the good core (Conley - Mayo - Gasol) to develop. Memphis need Gay out of the team, the sooner the better (if the team waits, his value will fall more and more).
    Ok after reading your rambling. I agree that gay shouldnt be the franchise player. But he is learning how to do other things since lionel hollins took over. All of his numbers are up since the new coach.

But we have already seen the the grizz wont trade rudy. They had a chance at amare stoudamire and then didnt jump at the chance.

I rule the local playground

If you agree Gay won't be the franchise player, here is the problem: If you want Mayo to be your first option, and developp the young core around him (Conley and Gasol), then it's a problem Rudy Gay making 20+ shots per game, with 0.446 FG% (decent) and 0,314 3pt% (quite bad).

But im not even sure if mayo can be a franchise guy. We will have to wait and see how he plays next season and how much work he ut into the offseason.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    But im not even sure if mayo can be a franchise guy. We will have to wait and see how he plays next season and how much work he ut into the offseason.
    I don't think we need to worry about how much work Mayo is going to put in over the offseason. One of his best attributes is how hard he is willing to work and how much he wants to learn. I wouldn't be surprised if he only gave himself 3 or 4 weeks off before getting back in the gym and working on his game all summer.

Yeah who would've thought that OJ would be our best player in just his rookie year? A picture OJ to have a Dwyane Wade type sophomore year.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Yeah who would've thought that OJ would be our best player in just his rookie year? A picture OJ to have a Dwyane Wade type sophomore year.
    Wade put up 24/5/7 (6.8, but we'll call it 7) in his sophmore year. I don't see Mayo putting those kind of averages up. He should be able to hit 21ppg about 5 boards and about 4, maybe 5 assists per game. Which will still be damn impressive for a 2nd year player.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Mayo really needs to add more moves to his repertoire though.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

We're getting blown out right now to a T'wolves team without there two best players and Rudy continues to settle for that fallaway jumpshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Wade put up 24/5/7 (6.8, but we'll call it 7) in his sophmore year. I don't see Mayo putting those kind of averages up. He should be able to hit 21ppg about 5 boards and about 4, maybe 5 assists per game. Which will still be damn impressive for a 2nd year player.
    I didn't mean statistically, but rather, improve so much that he gets national attention, like Dwade.

Are we really in full tank mode? I haven't been able to watch the past games. It seems we are just blowing game after game after game.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

I'm honestly starting to think the coaches are telling rudy gay to take shots like that to get experience for next year? You know what they say you cant learn a new skill unless your in a game element...

Theres no explantion, they want a high draft pick.

Theres no way rudy gay is taking these shots if they want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I'm honestly starting to think the coaches are telling rudy gay to take shots like that to get experience for next year? You know what they say you cant learn a new skill unless your in a game element...

Theres no explantion, they want a high draft pick.

Theres no way rudy gay is taking these shots if they want to win.
    That's great and all, but you know what they say, you gotta learn to crawl before you walk. Why not force him to take it to the hole each and every time (He's freakin 6'9 with long arms!!!) and improve his handle.

It's gotta be pretty sad to be a Grizzly fan living in Memphis... at least us outsiders can watch other games and divert our attention. I don't want to wake up and see the paper saying "Grizzlies get blown away" every morning.

By no means am I a grizzlies fan. I, however watch alot of grizzlies games, thanks to lilojmayo's OJ Mayo thread. I have to say OJ Mayo is no doubt going to be a Franchise Player. How many rookies can score 19 4 3 with a team cancer right next to him ( Rudy Gay). Mayo needs to take charge of the team demand the ball, instead of always standing on the baseline if he isn't involved in a play.

Mayo will work on alot of his weaknesses this summer, probably train with Dwyane Wade again like he did last summer. I can see him making a Kevin Durant/Wade/LeBron type of rookie to soph jump, if and only if Rudy Gay gets traded. If Gay stays I can see his numbers staying about the same as they are now.

Gay is really the cancer that is holding Mayo back for super stardom. Gay is shooting 16 shots a game about 12 of those are chucked shots. If you guys give some of those to Mayo he can easily be a 25ppg/4reb/4 assist guy next year. The formula is simple just trade Gay. Mayo becomes a superstar, and you guys will win a few more games.