Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Official Nightly game thread.

This season is being a hell again... I don't even think they will be able to reach the 22 wins.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Agreed.

I can't believe how bad this season has gone. I knew this season was going to be poor and it was a learning process for these guys, but f*cking hell, this season is just full of downs and no ups. There's very little to look forward to.

Maybe a high pick in a low quailty draft. If Monroe doesn't come out this year, then we better pray for that first pick and get Griffin, otherwise we're screwed, unless Wallace does a good trade and brings in high talent player, which I really doubt he will do.

Also maybe Conley's improvement and if he can continue this play into the next season.

Gay has regressed so much it's a f*cking joke.

Players lack intensity.

Terrible season.
    Yeah Rudy is playing bad. He fell in love with his jumpshot. You would think he is shooting 50% from the field with all the shots he take. He has so much talent and continues to settle for jumpers.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

just got back from game, had courtside seats, got a picture with darrell arthur, rudy gay killed. the end ill post pics later

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    just got back from game, had courtside seats, got a picture with darrell arthur, rudy gay killed. the end ill post pics later
    Were you at the clippers game?

yeah

I am Chris Wilcox

Anyone watch the game last night?

I said in the OJ Mayo thread in the main forum, that Gasol should be used more for this game, because Philly have no one big enough or strong enough to stop Gasol. I also said that Gasol is more effective when he sets screens and then cuts to the basket, rather than trying to post up.

I didn't watch the game, so can anyone tell me how he was getting his points?

Also, Conley's improvement is just amazing at the moment. It wasn't too long ago that he was basically afraid to run the game and he had to keep looking to the bench to see what plays to call. Now he's doing this, dropping 30 points. I can't believe how much Iavaroni was holding him back.

Conley was burning Andre Miller. He's finally using his quickness. If anyone remembers though, he played extremely well toward the end of last season as well but hopefully he takes his improved play into next year.

Somehow, with the Grizz losing almost every ****in game, it seems alright with me because I see Conley developing like a top 5 pick should be.

Get that high draft pick yo!

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Somehow, with the Grizz losing almost every ****in game, it seems alright with me because I see Conley developing like a top 5 pick should be.

Get that high draft pick yo!
    If only we could get OJ and Rudy on the same page. I would hate for Rudy to get traded because I know we wouldn't get equal value for him. If we can get a high draft pick, maybe first overall and draft Blake Griffin then I feel we will be a future powerhouse. We have cap space to add some depth, maybe a couple veterans. Things are looking up.

Edit: I've been thinking, what if we don't get the first, second or third pick and Thabeet, Griffin & Monroe are all gone then who and what do we go after? A backup point guard? A small foward?

I rule the local playground

Memphis must try to develop Conley and Marc. Conley - Mayo - Gasol is the future of the team, if this team have any future. Use the money and some other players to complete that roster:

Example:

Free agent: Sign Shawn Marion.
    Trade: Trade Rudy Gay for a good 4 and something more, for example Scola, and a 1st round pick.

2009-2010:

Conley
    Mayo
    Marion
    Scola
    Gasol

and 2 first round pick, one of them a high one. That's an impressive defensive team who can score.

And you will have a playoff team.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    If only we could get OJ and Rudy on the same page. I would hate for Rudy to get traded because I know we wouldn't get equal value for him. If we can get a high draft pick, maybe first overall and draft Blake Griffin then I feel we will be a future powerhouse. We have cap space to add some depth, maybe a couple veterans. Things are looking up.

Edit: I've been thinking, what if we don't get the first, second or third pick and Thabeet, Griffin & Monroe are all gone then who and what do we go after? A backup point guard? A small foward?
    I'll be surprised if Griffin, Thabeet and Monroe all go within the top 3. G'Town aren't going to the big dance, so the opportunity for Monroe to show everyone what he is made of is gone. His stock has plumeted and I don't see him getting picked in the top 3.

This is a good thing for us, because we can finish with the worst record and have the most ping pong balls, yet we still won't get a top 3 pick.

If we don't get Griffin, Thabeet or Monroe, then maybe we should go after someone like Harden, though he might be taken quite early.

I know one thing, if we're on the board and either Thabeet or Monroe or both are available and Wallace passes on them, I will have no respect at all for that man, unless we get the first and can get Griffin, but I think it's safe to say, that that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    Memphis must try to develop Conley and Marc. Conley - Mayo - Gasol is the future of the team, if this team have any future. Use the money and some other players to complete that roster:

Example:

Free agent: Sign Shawn Marion.
    Trade: Trade Rudy Gay for a good 4 and something more, for example Scola, and a 1st round pick.

2009-2010:

Conley
    Mayo
    Marion
    Scola
    Gasol

and 2 first round pick, one of them a high one. That's an impressive defensive team who can score.

And you will have a playoff team.
    haha wow

then watch it blow up in our face in 2-3 years hes 22 years old people tend to forget, sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I'll be surprised if Griffin, Thabeet and Monroe all go within the top 3. G'Town aren't going to the big dance, so the opportunity for Monroe to show everyone what he is made of is gone. His stock has plumeted and I don't see him getting picked in the top 3.

This is a good thing for us, because we can finish with the worst record and have the most ping pong balls, yet we still won't get a top 3 pick.

If we don't get Griffin, Thabeet or Monroe, then maybe we should go after someone like Harden, though he might be taken quite early.

I know one thing, if we're on the board and either Thabeet or Monroe or both are available and Wallace passes on them, I will have no respect at all for that man, unless we get the first and can get Griffin, but I think it's safe to say, that that's not happening.
    Monroe has time to increase his stock during mini camps and during pre-draft workouts. If you ask me, he's a top 3 pick. I'd draft him before Thabeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Monroe has time to increase his stock during mini camps and during pre-draft workouts. If you ask me, he's a top 3 pick. I'd draft him before Thabeet.
    me too.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    haha wow

then watch it blow up in our face in 2-3 years hes 22 years old people tend to forget, sky is the limit.
    Do you really think he is gonna improve in Memphis, the way this team play? He is playing worse every season.

If you want Mayo to be your first scorer, Gay is near useless. Trade him now, because his value will drop every season.