Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Holy ****, some of you guys are describing some brutal ass tryouts. I live in Saudi Arabia now, and our school doesn't have tryouts. it is a pretty small school so all the teachers/coaches know all the students and the local leagues all play in our schools gym, so they see everyone play and pick from that. It is some bs though, because our school only goes up to 9th grade and we play schools that go up to 12th grade, so we get ****ed all the time. anyway, i am moving to sugarland, Texas in december. i was there in the summer and played at some ymca with a bunch of the guys who play for dulles (lost to north crawley and willie warren in 5a finals i think) i could hold my own. the school i am going to sucks though, they are like the second worst in district, and not to be racist are like 50% white, 40% asian or something like that. Problem is im moving and going to start attending there in the secend semester, so how do i even think about making the team, or do i wait untill next year?

Also, i know i asked this in another thread, but every school has a 9th grade team, jv and a varsity right?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    Holy ****, some of you guys are describing some brutal ass tryouts. I live in Saudi Arabia now, and our school doesn't have tryouts. it is a pretty small school so all the teachers/coaches know all the students and the local leagues all play in our schools gym, so they see everyone play and pick from that. It is some bs though, because our school only goes up to 9th grade and we play schools that go up to 12th grade, so we get ****ed all the time. anyway, i am moving to sugarland, Texas in december. i was there in the summer and played at some ymca with a bunch of the guys who play for dulles (lost to north crawley and willie warren in 5a finals i think) i could hold my own. the school i am going to sucks though, they are like the second worst in district, and not to be racist are like 50% white, 40% asian or something like that. Problem is im moving and going to start attending there in the secend semester, so how do i even think about making the team, or do i wait untill next year?

Also, i know i asked this in another thread, but every school has a 9th grade team, jv and a varsity right?
    Assalamu Alaikum, Zachariah!

Kaifa Halook, brother. You are correct. Every legit high school haz a varsity, junior varsity, and freshmen team. Yes sirree! Good luck on your epic voyage to Amerikka, and be warned there will be a lot more thangz to do, a lot more freedom, but many more consequencez too. Don't directly associate it with happiness.

I read that you're a couple ntochez above 6 feet? Make sure to work on your running and athleticizm. The desert heat doez wonders for your stamina so your lungs should translate nicely to a new climate (although it ain't that New.. itz phuckin 'Texas

College star

Talking Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    whatd you do? so now you cant play or what?
    I lost my damn temper again, and my suspension end the second day of tryouts so im screwed.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    I lost my damn temper again, and my suspension end the second day of tryouts so im screwed.
    newbed

College star

Talking Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    newbed
    F*ck off. I've been in training ever since last years season ended.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    F*ck off. I've been in training ever since last years season ended.
    epic newbed

Saw a basketball once

My son was hoping to be a starter or maybe 6th man on his JV team. He's a sophmore. He felt like he was doing pretty well in summer open gym. But then the school got two move-in's who are pretty good. Now fall open gym is almost over and my son doesn't feel like he's doing too good. He say's the coach tells him he "doesn't even notice him when he's out there playing". My son told me he's probably at #9 on the depth chart and won't get much playing time. I told him not to count himself at #9 until it actually happens. I said to just keep trying his hardest and do what the coach says to make himself better. I hate that my son is so down like this. I thought maybe he was in for a breakthrough year.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droth24
    our center for varsity is 6 2 tops....
    LOL, when I went to Marshall HS in 05, our center was Ronnie Aguilar a 7 footer whos now at Colorado St. When I was at Fairfax, we had 6'8" Jamal Boykin play C whos now a PF/SF at Cal. I remember we would always start off the season against a sucky school with a team around 6'4 and under and we would always clobber em to start off the season on a good note.

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    LOL, when I went to Marshall HS in 05, our center was Ronnie Aguilar a 7 footer whos now at Colorado St. When I was at Fairfax, we had 6'8" Jamal Boykin play C whos now a PF/SF at Cal. I remember we would always start off the season against a sucky school with a team around 6'4 and under and we would always clobber em to start off the season on a good note.
    haha ive seen Ronnie play a lot did you play on the team? I was watching CSU practice in the summer a few years ago when Jason Smith was still there and him and ronnie were getting into it so jason posted him up, took one dribble, turned and elbowed him in the nose and scored. fun to watch.

Banned

our first meeting tommorow

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Assalamu Alaikum, Zachariah!

Kaifa Halook, brother. You are correct. Every legit high school haz a varsity, junior varsity, and freshmen team. Yes sirree! Good luck on your epic voyage to Amerikka, and be warned there will be a lot more thangz to do, a lot more freedom, but many more consequencez too. Don't directly associate it with happiness.

I read that you're a couple ntochez above 6 feet? Make sure to work on your running and athleticizm. The desert heat doez wonders for your stamina so your lungs should translate nicely to a new climate (although it ain't that New.. itz phuckin 'Texas

Thanks for the heads up. I'm Palestinian, who has been living Saudi since I was born. You are correct about the height, and I plan to start running/swimming everday after school for the next month untill I leave. Lol, i actually consider the weather in texas nice. It gets 125-130 GUARANTEED DAILY during summer at noon, and our coaches used to make us play outdoors at lunch and afterschool even in June. I also think gaining weight would help me alot, i'm about 150 pounds now and a few extra pounds couldn't hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianballer
    our first meeting tommorow

we have a lot of kids trying out this year, mainly a lot of seniors and sophomores. there are a lot of seniors already talking about how excited they are for the season when they havent necesarily secured a spot..

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    haha ive seen Ronnie play a lot did you play on the team? I was watching CSU practice in the summer a few years ago when Jason Smith was still there and him and ronnie were getting into it so jason posted him up, took one dribble, turned and elbowed him in the nose and scored. fun to watch.
    Yup we played bball and volleyball together. He thought volleyball was gay and had a 2 inch vertical and when I got more of the basketball guys to play volleyball he decided to give it a try and trust me it gave him so much more mobility. He used to have a 2 inch vertical and run slower than a tortoise. When he was a 6'6 freshman, he couldn't even crack the starting lineup. He started to play volleyball and by his senior year averaged 25 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 blocks and he once posted a 28-point, 20-rebound, and 14-block game his senior season. I haven't seen him play for CSU because im still in Los Angeles but hopefully I can try to get him out here because I need a center in my summer league squad that im building.

Lets GO PENS!

2 practices in. Our starting lineup should handle anything in our league with ease.

we are stil having open gym and now our coach told us we have scrimmage tomorrow even though we don't even have our football players so our team is like ... **** lol