Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose possibility best PG finisher ever?

Too early to say, but I'll say this - Rose is the best combination of size, speed, agility and explosiveness(both off the dribble and leaping ability) at the PG spot today. He looked like a smaller version of LeBron in the 4th qtr last night. Completely unguardable in face-up 1-on-1 situations and since he has a very good handle, he was even beating doubles/traps pretty easily.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I mean, really?

Quote Originally Posted by 33 23
    Draft Express. I usually don't use numbers from there because they aren't updated since the pre-draft workouts (meaning they'll list a white stiff like Kirk Hinrich as quicker than someone like T.J. Ford), but it gives you an idea. Also, most people with a brain don't need draftexpress measurements to know that Rose is the most athletic PG in basketball.

Some of the recorded verticals are not to be taken seriously (Iguodala's, Howard's, etc.).
    I know Draftexpress, but they don

Made that high school varsity squad

rose has a ridiculous first step........

LMAO. You fool, I was the one who created the thread titled "How dumb would CHI have been to draft Beasley over Rose?" just 2 days after the NBA Draft. YOU were the one in favor of drafting Beasley because he was an "inside scorer" who "gave them what they needed." Like 90% of the brainless fools on this board, you thought drafting Rose over Beasley was a mistake.

But that's why the more intelligent fans know not to take most people on here seriously. Athletically, Derrick Rose sh!ts all over any player at his position. Simply put, he is the best athlete in basketball. Michael Beasley is nothing special athletically. We've seen his kind before and we'll see them again. Rose is quite possibly the most athletic PG prospect the game has seen since Iverson was drafted out of Georgetown.

Here is how Rose compares to the two best point guards in the game physically:

D. Williams:

6'2 3/4" w/shoes
    6'6 1/4" wingspan
    30-inch no step vert
    35-inch max vert
    3.25 sec. in 3/4 court sprint

C. Paul:

6'1" w/shoes
    6'4 1/4" wingspan
    32-inch no step vert
    38-inch max vert
    3.22 sec. in 3/4 court sprint

D. Rose:

6'2 1/2" w/shoes
    6'8" wingspan
    34.5-inch no step vert
    40-inch max vert (I guarantee you it's higher)
    3.05 sec. in 3/4 court sprint

Rose is unguardable in the open floor and in isolation situations, as we have seen from the pre-season. Nobody is quick enough to stay in front of him because he'd just blow by all of their useless asses. ATHLETICISM is the most important skill in the game of basketball, and Derrick Rose is the most athletic player in the league.

The casual fan who doesn't know much will say "Gerald Green! James White!" and actually think he has an argument, but that's why casual fans are considered dumb. Those guys are nothing but athletes. Rose is a freak who can actually play. There's a difference between the two.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: John Paxson should have been fired if he drafted anyone other than Derrick Rose with the first pick.

Stupid ISH members... when will these kids ever learn?

hold on Timeout wait just one min ok

Drose gets to the rim at will true, but to say he the best athlete in the NBA is ludacris for his size pg/sg ludacris the best athlete in the NBA is Nate Robinson just look at his numbers on the combine but the best athlete in the NBA that is actually good at the pg/sg is none other than drumroll please Eric Gordon.

thats right u obviously havent seen Eric Gordon in the NBA yet because he gets to the Rim Better Than Derrick Rose and thats a Fact Gordon is also Faster than Derrick Rose Fact. Gordon is also stronger than derrick Rose Fact. Gordon also has better basketball skills than Rose Fact.
    and if you watched Rose Jump in the combine it aint higher than 40in thats about right put in perspective that Nate Robinson is 43in.

Eric Gordon Vs Derrick Rose

Rose
    . Rose:

6'2 1/2" w/shoes
    6'8" wingspan
    34.5-inch no step vert

10x Bench Press(185lbs)
    196lbs(looks a lil skinny out on the court)
    11.69sec lane agility

Eric Gordon
    6'3 .25 w/shoes
    6'9 wingspan
    32inch no step vert
    40 in max vert( i guarentee you its higher)
    3.01sec in 3/4 court sprint
    15x Bench (185lbs)
    10.81sec lane agility

Gordon is like a 6'2 version of LBJ seriously if u watched him he has actually probably been the most impressive rookie behind beasley and mayo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L2jD07VJaw gordon highlights start at 1:19sec look at him in the open court he is like LBJ get out of the way

link http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...15&pos=0&sort=

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    hold on Timeout wait just one min ok

Drose gets to the rim at will true, but to say he the best athlete in the NBA is ludacris for his size pg/sg ludacris the best athlete in the NBA is Nate Robinson just look at his numbers on the combine but the best athlete in the NBA that is actually good at the pg/sg is none other than drumroll please Eric Gordon.

thats right u obviously havent seen Eric Gordon in the NBA yet because he gets to the Rim Better Than Derrick Rose and thats a Fact Gordon is also Faster than Derrick Rose Fact. Gordon is also stronger than derrick Rose Fact. Gordon also has better basketball skills than Rose Fact.
    and if you watched Rose Jump in the combine it aint higher than 40in thats about right put in perspective that Nate Robinson is 43in.

Eric Gordon Vs Derrick Rose

Rose
    . Rose:

6'2 1/2" w/shoes
    6'8" wingspan
    34.5-inch no step vert

10x Bench Press(185lbs)
    196lbs(looks a lil skinny out on the court)
    11.69sec lane agility

Eric Gordon
    6'3 .25 w/shoes
    6'9 wingspan
    32inch no step vert
    40 in max vert( i guarentee you its higher)
    3.01sec in 3/4 court sprint
    15x Bench (185lbs)
    10.81sec lane agility

Gordon is like a 6'2 version of LBJ seriously if u watched him he has actually probably been the most impressive rookie behind beasley and mayo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L2jD07VJaw gordon highlights start at 1:19sec look at him in the open court he is like LBJ get out of the way

link http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...15&pos=0&sort=

Out of curiosity why are you such a Derrick Rose hater?

No doubt Eric Gordon was impressive in that game. As I'm no Eric Gordon expert I wont make any judgments as of yet, but do you think he's going to be consistently draining those Arenas-esque threes? That's where a huge chunk of his points came from that game. I must say though that in the open court he finished really nicely, but so did Rose on pretty much every drive he made. Rose was finishing over all the Mavs last night. Both look like promising players and I look forward to seeing both this season. B-Diddy should also help Gordon's development quite a bit since they both are big bodied guards.

Magic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    do you guys think he has the chance to become?

from what ive seen from high school, college, and NBA he can get to the rim at will and when he is there no matter where he is or how many guys he always seems to get above them all or around.
    Fail...

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

damn did anyone see that and 1 he just made, he went up behind the backboard got fouled by al jeff and made it look sooo easy

This is why pre-draft combine numbers don't tell the whole story. When comparing Rose to the other elite athletes in the game, I try to avoid comparing him to players who'll never become anything more than role players coming off the bench.

Gordon is stronger than Rose, but that's it. Having more skills doesn't mean anything at all. Also, if Gordon is a better athlete and more skilled than Rose, shouldn't he be the better prospect? Gordon killed the lane agility pre-draft test, but that doesn't make him faster/quicker than Rose. Take a look at Kirk Hinrich's agility test and compare it to T.J. Ford's. Hinrich is a complete stiff while Ford is one of the quickest players in the league. Rose is much faster from one end of the floor to the other with the ball in his hands than Eric Gordon is. He can also change directions much quicker and has way, way better body control, as evidenced by his acrobatic finishes around the rim every single game. Gordon is somewhat of a stiff compared to Rose athletically. All he really has a built upper body and a high vertical, which still isn't higher than Rose's. The reason I say Rose has a higher vertical is because Calipari has been quoted saying that Rose can get his chin at rim level. At 6'2 1/2'' in shoes, that proves his vertical is not just over 40'', but WAY over. I have also seen him get his head an inch below rim level before, which would automatically prove that he has a vertical well over 40 inches. So Rose is much faster from end to end, has much better lateral movement, is a better leaper, is far more fluid in mid air, and is probably better conditioned. That makes him a much better athlete than Gordon. Robinson is nothing. He may have a comparable vertical and similar floor speed, but absolutely nothing else. He's one of the more overrated athletes in the game.
    i snickered you going to believe Calipari that dude is in a dream world he freakin called his offense Princeton on Steroids if that doesnt raise a red flag i dont know what does

but you have to remember on the max vertical they were only allowed to take a few steps its wasning like he was warm and court start his run from one of of the court to the other

Check out some of these moves, finishes strong with either hands. Plus that drive vs the timberwolves was nasty, right through the double. Not saying he is the best ever just showing some highlights thus far.

Just made this, nothing too special as far as editing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijoD7zWOy5U

LOL.

Getting chin at rim level. Get real.

Rose seems like a less polished version of Dwyane Wade with a way worse jumpshot when he entered the league. He is a quick thats for sure.

the phrase "best ever" is really suffering devaluation these days

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He reminds me of Marbury in Minny and NJ and Rod Strickland around the basket. That combo of bouncing around gently beasting people and "WTf?" hangtime when hes not really that far off the ground. Hes got amazing air body control. Best ive seen since Rod in his prime perhaps. He uses every millisecond of air time to get his shot off.
    I see you got that avatar working...

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    LOL.

Getting chin at rim level. Get real.

Rose seems like a less polished version of Dwyane Wade with a way worse jumpshot when he entered the league. He is a quick thats for sure.
    FAIL