Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups flu game's Avatar

Default Gervin " "I could get 30 or 40 every night real easy, these days"

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Gervin " "I could get 30 or 40 every night real easy, these days"

no.

Banned

30 probably, but not 40.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    no.
    in his prime he one of the all time great underrated scorers. IT is easier for individuals to score higher today and I believe him. 40 on a good night for him. 25-30 average

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

George Gervin is one of the Greatest SGs ever by far a better scorer than Kobe could dream of being. This guy played in an era where handchecking existed, was 6`7, could leap, had major wingspan for his frame, could donate fundamentals to players of today and was fast quick like a gassel not to mention that after Jordan, he was probably the most difficult SG to stop when taking driving to the basket or taking a jumpshot frontwords. T

Some clips

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4HLdrWAsc
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 10-20-2008 at 04:23 AM.

College superstar

Is it true that Gervin once said his idea of teamwork was when a team mate passed him the ball?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pippen
    in his prime he one of the all time great underrated scorers. IT is easier for individuals to score higher today and I believe him. 40 on a good night for him. 25-30 average
    complete f*cking rubbish

watch a game from the seventies, defenses were a JOKE.

His BS finger roll would get swatted to the mezzanine level everytime he drove to the hoop.

The old man needs to shut his wrinkly old trap.

Learning to shoot layups flu game's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    complete f*cking rubbish

His BS finger roll would get swatted to the mezzanine level everytime he drove to the hoop.

rubbish? i hate english accents and thats one of the man words in there vocabulary. that and wanker. rubbish and wanker?? get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    George Gervin is one of the Greatest SGs ever by far a better scorer than Kobe could dream of being. This guy played in an era where handchecking existed, was 6`7, could leap, had major wingspan for his frame, could donate fundamentals to players of today and was fast quick like a gassel not to mention that after Jordan, he was probably the most difficult SG to stop when taking driving to the basket or taking a jumpshot frontwords. T

Some clips

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4HLdrWAsc
    You have to be a god damn moron if you believe this crap.

National High School Star

[QUOTE=

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    30 probably, but not 40.
    Agree

Well he average 32 a game in '82 so he probably would average 30 in todays league.
    We aren't talking about some scrub here, this is one of the best scorers in history we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Well he average 32 a game in '82 so he probably would average 30 in todays league.
    We aren't talking about some scrub here, this is one of the best scorers in history we're talking about.
    Scoring 32 in the 80's is more like scoring 25 in todays league.
    Why do people consistently over-look the pace of the game in the 80's?
    Most teams in that era averaged over 100 PPG, today usually 1/3rd of the league does not.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    complete f*cking rubbish

yep cos he averaged 30 per just doing finger rolls.

You have to be a god damn moron if you believe this crap.
    What exactly among the things he said is crap? Enlighten us, please.

Gervin was a better and more efficient scorer than pretty much anyone. People get excited about the scoring performances of Iverson or, in the older says Dominique, but Gervin was a more efficient and productive scorer than both-actually holds the 2nd best career point/minute ratio ever, behind only Jordan. He also holds a career NBA FG% of 51.1%, which is impressive for a guy his size, regardless of era.

It's also funny how the dude mentions the defense of the 70's, yet ignores that he had his 2 most productive seasons in the 80's and that he averaged 20+ as late as in 1985, at the age of 33 (and in only 29.0 mpg of playing time).

So, his finger-roll would be blocked every time he'd drive, huh...Is that why dwarves like Tony Parker and last year's Navarro are so rarely blocked when attempting their "BS"? Is that why Billups who gets up like 5 inches off the ground rarely has his shot swatted away? Gervin has a good 4-5 inches over all of them, has long arms and could jump higher, especially compared to the last two. So, maybe, before starting talking about the "00's supermen", you need to put some things into perspective and realize that players haven't become that much better that quickly through time. Basketball isn't informatics, where a 3-year old technology is considered mainstream or even obsolete.
    Last edited by Psileas; 10-20-2008 at 07:06 AM.