Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: D.Rose A f..............ing bust

Quote Originally Posted by Maniuchi
    I am watching the game againts freaking minnesota and this guy cant do anything , f..............ing paxson another dumb move not picking beasley

Based off a few preseason games? He played well towards the end of the game, and had a sick layup.

Rose is a project. They drafted him off potential. You didn't know this? His situation is entirely more pressure packed than anyone else in the draft. He's expected to be the best player on the team from the word go, be a young rookie PG leading a team, and developing in the pressure cooker of his hometown. And a big market with alot of expectations. Don't expect this dude to be ROY caliber even if he plays well.

He has alot to learn, he's gonna be a project for the next 2-3 years. But he has the HIGHEST potential of anyone in the draft.

Good college starter

Rose is already the best player on the team based on the few games that I've seen.(maybe Gordon changes that) His athleticism is a huge reason for that, and I don't see why that should be held against him when players like Howard/LeBron started off just as raw.

It just really stinks that he has to succeed in a poisonous situation. Everything about this team is terrible. Confusion everywhere. Coach has no clue. Guys that shouldn't be playing big minutes are. Young players looking like they haven't improved one bit since they were drafted. High paid vets folding under even the slightest bit of pressure.

And Paxson hasn't made a single move except to hire a first-timer head coach, draft a rookie PG, and let the Gordon situation play out to the absolute worst case scenario. Just a horrific job by management. This team is not winning 30 games at this rate.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Give him time to develop. He is playing on a team with arguably the worst talent of anyone in the NBA. Plus he is playing against the hardest competition he has ever faced. In college he played against maybe 1 or 2 NBA quality players a night now he has to play against an entire team of them. PGs have the longest adjustment period from college to NBA so give him a while to adjust before dismissing him as a bust.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    What's top 5 PG going to mean in the coming years after Nash and Kidd are retired. You have CP3 and Deron at the top, and then who is Rose beating out? Devin Harris? Baron Davis?

Derrick Rose could be very good but it was just a dumb choice for Chicago unless they are going to go after a PF or Center in the coming drafts. I think they will be in the lottery next year.
    Tony Parker or Gilbert Arenas? Then add Devin Harris, Baron Davis, Mo Williams. You project that over what 2-3 years, you probably have some good company for Derrick Rose to be keeping.
    But this is all subjective, so who knows.

I rule the local playground

Who saw that mid air adjustment reverse layup by Rose? That was freakin nasty. Was Jordan like.

His finishing ability around the rim for a PG is insane.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

who saw that reverse, omg that was so freaking sick

Local High School Star oldenpolynice's Avatar

Wow, way too early for this. Chill out. Rose will take time. You don't just jump into the NBA at point guard and do great right off the bat. Even guys like Chris Paul went through growing pains.

Same goes for Steve Nash. Same goes for Chauncey Billups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    They knew he wouldn't have a big impact right away. They drafted him based on potential. He's going to be a top 5 point guard in this league in 2-3 years.
    eh, 2-3 years seems soon... maybe 4-5?

His game has holes in it, but it normally takes point guards a while to get it, it will be a few years beore he should be written off not a few preseason games, or even this year. Look at the progress Mie Conley seems to be making over in Memphis right now. I know CP3 has everybody spoiled, but normally developing takes a while.

Saw a basketball once Hans-Wolfe-#-17's Avatar

D-Rose will be just fine. He has all the support he needs from his family and the Bulls org.

He will be so much better once he goes through his rookie year. Bet on it.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Speed and explosiveness are physical skills. Physical skills are important but they alone do not guarantee top 5 status. You need refined technical and tactical skills to go along with the physical. Rose at this point does not have the tech and tact skill to go with his athleticism.

At this point looking at Rose as a player and looking at the Bulls current coaching staff I'm skeptical he'll reach the heights many hoped. Unless Vinny Del Negro teaches the pick-n-roll better than he played it Rose is going to fall short of his full potential.
    Did I just read someone say that speed and explosiveness are SKILLS? Hahaha... just when I thought this place couldn't get any dumber. Oh well.

Derrick Rose & Gooden for Lafrenz, Outlaw & Steve Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Figlo
    Derrick Rose & Gooden for Lafrenz, Outlaw & Steve Blake
    Pease be joking. This new wave of Blazer fans are starting to get annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    Did I just read someone say that speed and explosiveness are SKILLS? Hahaha... just when I thought this place couldn't get any dumber. Oh well.
    He said physical skills, what's wrong with that?