Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    He has to win some rings first. And I doubt it even then. LeBron is a corporation unto himself, everything he does is to appease sponsors, he'll never screw that up.
    Sounds like a freaky business project. At the risk of getting flamed out, I always thought a similar thing about Jordan. I always thought he was some sort of media project and alot of his moves was to appease the media.

And to answer the orignal post. I do agree with knoe in that he does not come across as unlikable.Kobe's strive to be the best takes him farther away from the NBA fanbase and closer to the groupie fanbase, which seems very few.

NBA Superstar

I know people, I have good people skills

Kobe is a tool, he comes across as one and he seems trite and rehearsed (similar to A Rod). He is basically someone who sets off a bad vibe in a lot of people because their internal BS detector starts going off.

LeBronze is a smoother operator when it comes to people, more engaging and likeable. he'll have his detractors but he won get the mass negativity Kobe garners.

Lebron won't get the negativity that Bryant has managed to garner. Honestly, a lot of people hate Bryant because he got a lot of hype early in his career and they believe he was given a lot and didn't earn any of it.

Lebron earned his hype... He's even exceeded it. What I am concerned about is some of the most recent things that have taken place with Bron. He wants to be a billionaire, he indirectly called out Bryant recently, and the more and more I hear about meetings people have had with him, the more I hear that he isn't as cool and approachable as we think. I think he'll be ok though. At least I hope so. The media will be his downfall if he does fall from grace though.

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    I mean, lets be honest here: lebron isn't exactly the most skilled player out there. His shot is terrible, he doesn't really have any moves; he more or less just bowls over guys and overpowers people-and he can't play defense at all. Whereas Kobe is probably the most skilled player in the league.

There are a few reasons why it's unlikely LeBron will get as much hate as Kobe does.

1) It's VERY unlikely LeBron is going to get to play with someone better than himself and be able to ride coattails to a title. Kobe was lucky as **** to get to play with Shaq. Any player would be. Not taking away from Kobe's talent/skills, just saying. Current day LeBron would be lucky as hell to play with a guy as good as Shaq used to be with Kobe. He's not going to get it. Therefore, if he gets a title, he'll likely be the man on the team.

2) He may be arrogant, but he doesn't try to copy the entire personality & mannerisms of a once great. He may idolize him... but he doesn't want to drink the guy's sweat like Kobe does.

3) He's a smarter and less selfish player than Kobe.

That about sums it up.

One more thing.

While I have no doubt LeBron is fake to a certain degree... he'd have to go a long, long ways to reach the level of fakeness Kobe's at.

I mean, lets be honest here: lebron isn't exactly the most skilled player out there. His shot is terrible, he doesn't really have any moves; he more or less just bowls over guys and overpowers people-and he can't play defense at all. Whereas Kobe is probably the most skilled player in the league.
    Just when you thought joewait couldnt top his last dumb statement.... He somehow comes up with something more dumb than before...

Kids got a gift way to outdo yourself

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Just when you thought joewait couldnt top his last dumb statement.... He somehow comes up with something more dumb than before...

Kids got a gift way to outdo yourself
    i think you're the dumb one if you think he's skilled. he's skilled in much the same way Shaq is skilled

i think you're the dumb one if you think he's skilled. he's skilled in much the same way Shaq is skilled
    he did it again.....kids say the darndest things

Of course Shaq is skilled..his foot work is unparalleled for a big man of his size...Have a look at his passing game...its top notch also...

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    There are a few reasons why it's unlikely LeBron will get as much hate as Kobe does.

1) It's VERY unlikely LeBron is going to get to play with someone better than himself and be able to ride coattails to a title. Kobe was lucky as **** to get to play with Shaq. Any player would be. Not taking away from Kobe's talent/skills, just saying. Current day LeBron would be lucky as hell to play with a guy as good as Shaq used to be with Kobe. He's not going to get it. Therefore, if he gets a title, he'll likely be the man on the team.

2) He may be arrogant, but he doesn't try to copy the entire personality & mannerisms of a once great. He may idolize him... but he doesn't want to drink the guy's sweat like Kobe does.

3) He's a smarter and less selfish player than Kobe.

That about sums it up.
    Lebron has the greatest teammate of them all, David Stern.

Default Re: Do you think LeBron will attract as much hate as Kobe in years to come?

3 year old bump......

Default Re: Do you think LeBron will attract as much hate as Kobe in years to come?

Quite the bump.

But the King will never be as disliked as the African-American Mamba.

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Eh this thread isn't really pitting LeBron vs Kobe. Atleast I don't think that was the intention. It was only asking if people will end up hating LeBron as much as they do Kobe. Be it from success, arrogance or failure...

Besides, you're the one that opened the thread knowing exactly what it was. I only get mad when people ruin a good thread by spouting their nonsense back and forth.
    No, this is actually what the thread brought. Kobe haters- the worst type of basketball fan on the planet. Illogical, irrational. They hate on days when there is nothing to hate on. See the latest Laker thread as an example. Lebron haters will never get as bad as Kobe haters. At least Lebron haters sometimes use facts and don't come as often as Kobe haters. I never seen a superstar more hated on than Kobe. I wonder how some NFL stars who face the same issues as Kobe escape this level of hatred. I guess that they hate Bryant's success after he got his life together.
    Last edited by justin43; 12-05-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Given the level this guy plays at...I'd say yes. Add on his sure to come future success, and his general attitude, and im sure that he'll be hated.

Most superstars are.

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Given the level this guy plays at...I'd say yes. Add on his sure to come future success, and his general attitude, and im sure that he'll be hated.

Most superstars are.
    no, Lebron have to do something stupid that some people can never let go in addition to having success to come close to the hate level Kobe face. He is not even more hated than Iverson right now.

Hate level:

1. Kobe

2. Iverson

3. Everyone else.