Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Default Re: Order these players by their IQ

this is a dumb thread imo.....it would be alot better if u were doing it by basketball IQ....this is just like saying "rank my families IQ" when u havent met any of them or seen any of them.....altho basketball IQ wise, randolph is the dumbest, and kobe would be tied with duncan for the top spot...

Blu Ray

My girlfriend is going to Northeastern University in MA to be a real-estate developer, and has kept at least a 3.5 GPA the entire time she's been there, yet she flushes a whole potatoe down the toilet, thus clogging it and forcing us to call a plumber.

Book smarts don't mean jack when it comes to the real world.

Just saying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    A guy who never went to college is #3???
    wasnt aware college had anny effect on your IQ...

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    My girlfriend is going to Northeastern University in MA to be a real-estate developer, and has kept at least a 3.5 GPA the entire time she's been there, yet she flushes a whole potatoe down the toilet, thus clogging it and forcing us to call a plumber.

Just saying.

y the fuck would she do tht? lol

but ya, i totally agree with u..

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    wasnt aware college had anny effect on your IQ...
    thing is it doesn't.....

In It to Win It

Just saying.
    Agreed, but I'm talking about overall intelligence - not just book smarts. I was really going for clarity and higher level of thinking, not how hard you work in school. But yeah I see what you're saying. Maybe your gf is not actually very intelligent, but makes up for it with her hard work. I'm sort of the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by big baller
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    A guy who never went to college is #3???
    wow, it really doesent matter if u have gone to college or not.....he dident go because some1 was offering him million's a year, and hell id take that rather than college. thr r ,many smart people who have not gone to college.....mabye they got smart's, but dont got cash....
    What he said^^^.

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    No, you can't. Many people are nervous speaking on camera, are non-native English speakers, or have very strong Math/spatial perception/analytic ability...but a poor verbal capacity.
    You make a good point, but I'm going under the assumption that I can tell when a person is being shy or if they are foreign and can't speak English too well. But you make a great point about the math/spatial perception as opposed to English ability. In fact, I'm one of those people who has a tendency to be better at math/spatial perception.

Regarding Amare - from his use of words and the way he kind of repeats the same phrases in interviews, you'd think he probably isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. And we've all heard stuff about him not doing well in school. But according to this, his IQ is pretty high:
    http://jockbio.com/Bios/Stoudemire/Stoudemire_bio.html
    The Eagles were happy to have Amare, despite his miserable academic record. It wasn't that he was a dumb kid. In fact, on an IQ test at Lake Wells, he scored higher than almost every kid in the school.
    But yeah - from our viewpoint as fans, and with our limited information, he doesn't exactly convey an image of being exceptionally intelligent.

You gotta remember that a lot of players who were raised in well-to-do families will be well spoken. This obviously makes them seem smarter, but of course it doesn't mean they have high IQs.

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by 3stat2
    Regarding Amare - from his use of words and the way he kind of repeats the same phrases in interviews, you'd think he probably isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. And we've all heard stuff about him not doing well in school. But according to this, his IQ is pretty high:
    http://jockbio.com/Bios/Stoudemire/Stoudemire_bio.html

The Eagles were happy to have Amare, despite his miserable academic record. It wasn't that he was a dumb kid. In fact, on an IQ test at Lake Wells, he scored higher than almost every kid in the school.
    But yeah - from our viewpoint as fans, and with our limited information, he doesn't exactly convey an image of being exceptionally intelligent.

You gotta remember that a lot of players who were raised in well-to-do families will be well spoken. This obviously makes them seem smarter, but of course it doesn't mean they have high IQs.

Very well said, best post in this thread, and I really appreciate you putting that link up. Although this goes against my thread lol, it's a factual, interesting point you bring up. Many of you are right, it's wrong to judge a person based SOLELY on how they speak because they could be...

a) a bad public speaker
    b) a foreigner and thus unable to speak English well
    or
    c) the most important point - they could be very smart but yet not show it in the way they speak (they could be intelligent in mathematical, scientific, and spatial abilities but not in verbal abilities - in fact this is the way I was and still am)

You learn something new from every thread every day.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big baller
    this is a dumb thread imo.....it would be alot better if u were doing it by basketball IQ....this is just like saying "rank my families IQ" when u havent met any of them or seen any of them.....altho basketball IQ wise, randolph is the dumbest, and kobe would be tied with duncan for the top spot...
    Kobe takes way too many bad shots to give credit for a ultra high BB IQ.

The highest IQ guys are the physically limited dudes who still manage to compete based on court sense, savvy, and fundamentals

ie: Shane Battier, and back in day Rodman.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Bryant's shot selection is more about his mentality than his intelligence. He's a scorer, that's what he wants to do, that's what he's always done, and that's what he always will do.

Saw a basketball once

paul shirley. although you can't really call him a basketball player...

Mastah_Rhymez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
    Go from highest to lowest. Based on interviews, etc., order these guys from highest to lowest in terms of their IQ (intelligence):

Kobe Bryant
    LeBron James
    Dwyane Wade
    Chris Paul
    Kevin Garnett
    Tim Duncan
    Steve Nash
    Gilbert Arenas
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tracy McGrady
    Paul Pierce
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Dwight Howard
    Chris Bosh
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Carmelo Anthony

Go!
    First I'mma spit it like this we begin with the educated, Big Fundamental,
    Second comes the tall, gangly awkward German who's issues are mental,
    And don't be fooled by CP3, whose underrated of age and being sentimental,
    And of course fourth comes to our greatest active player named Mr. Bryant,
    Proceeded by the weird looking lefty Raptor whose jumper is automatic,

I'm sorry to say but the rest is extremely up for debate,
    But if ballin' is your profession then does ascending your mental state,
    Really come first in your goals to pass, rebound, win and dominate?

Serious playground baller

Kinda a pointless thread, i think it would be better to debate about their basketball IQ. Personally i would put Mr. Duncan, Mr. Nash and Mr. Bryant at the top of this list. And maybe in that order...

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

I think we're all missing the point here...Why the **** did she flush a potato down the toilet???

Just saying.